McLaren-Honda MP4/4

Cars McLaren-Honda MP4/4 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Perhaps it should be sticky then !?! :D
Thanks once again !
Also i forgot to tell you, in case you didnt figure it out. "C" is cam up and "Z" is cam down (while in F5 cam), and "SHIFT" slows the cam down so you can place it better without zooming past the point you want to place the camera in. "TAB" makes the camera go faster (in case you want a screenshot from high up). :)

BTW this camera also works GREAT when taking screenshots. Go to replay after a lap (or all your laps) and then move mouse to bottom to open replay menu. Click "photo mode" button. Change DOF FOCUS to ~100. Now click "photo mode" button again to exit photo mode and now press F5. Move the camera closer to the car and use FOV to zoom closer (use TAB when pressing FOV buttons to move FOV faster). With this trick you can make easy for example screens like this:

smaller.png

Last edited:
I somehow missed this when it was first uploaded so I immediately downloaded it last night when I got home. I'll just say that I deleted the other one as soon as I tried this one out ;):cool:

Seems great, thanks for sharing.

When off-throttle in a corner it sounds kind of strange hearing the tyres scream and almost no engine sound, perhaps the off throttle sound is too quiet or the tyres are too loud? makes it sound/feel a bit like a gokart or something lol.

@Qazdar Karim regarding VR, i think its just the driver model itself, it looks similarly weird if i switch to monitor and set the camera to look down, the wrists just seem really skinny compared to all other drivers. related, the driver eyes position could be adjusted to match the 3d model too, might help with immersion etc, somewhere inbetween where it is now and where auto-pos (incorrectly) sets it to would be about right i think.

btw noticed these errors (probably same for all variants)

INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_0] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_1] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_2] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_3] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_4] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_5] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_6] GROUP
INIReader: content/cars/mclaren_mp44_r02/data/flames.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [FLAME_7] GROUP

Thanks a lot for this amazing car! The handling is a proper challenge, it's either massive oversteer or understeer and snap oversteer, controlling the throttle is no easy job.
One little thing I noticed, not sure if already reported but in the cockpit view both the Tag Heuer logo on the windshield and the actual windshield framing seem to be missing.

A couple other things:
The emission of the rear light is too high IMO, looks a bit fake, it also seems to have a LOD issue where it is only visible within about 10m then disappears
Screenshot_mclaren_mp44_r10_alastaro_1-10-116-20-5-38.jpg

If you try a race with AI it sounds a bit messy like a swarm of bees, dont know if that can be tweaked or not. I have opponent volume reduced from 0.9 to 0.8

Thank you very much !

I believe I will make a little donation. I just hope you guys keep making new cars but more important keeping the already released cars up to date.

I love the animation for the lights, maybe next step will be animation on the foots for acc and braking ?

Thank you again for your hard work.

Thank you very much !

I believe I will make a little donation. I just hope you guys keep making new cars but more important keeping the already released cars up to date.

I love the animation for the lights, maybe next step will be animation on the foots for acc and braking ?

Thank you again for your hard work.

I don't know if it's possible with AC because we have tried to do the "Brake-Balance" hand anims and it's not possible with AC at the moment.

• Deleted member 130869

I see a few tweaks and fixes mentioned, is it possible to do something about what the mirrors render in a non-cockpit view? Just the odd flashes and changes in rendering look odd (like on T-Cam).

Thanks again, I'm slowly getting better laptimes at Monaco 1988 track, I did countless of them in rFactor. I remember I was able to do one bellow 1'26 and then could never repeat it... :D

Can anybody beat my 1'28'5 at Monaco 1988 ? It is "just" 2.2 seconds slower than Senna's time in the race, and I did it with E tires :D

It is so scary to go that fast through those barriers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back