Looking for a way to quiet down the sound of the Clubsport V3 clutch

After finally switching to the great Clubsport V3's i have discovered this annoying problem where the clutch makes a rather loud "clunk" when it's fully compressed. It's not a design flaw by any means, but in my setup my neighbor on the other side of the wall can hear it, and it's understandably annoying.

Its the sound that comes when the metal rod hits the hard rubber block.

I haven't found any tweaks for it so far.
But has anyone here found a nice DIY way to remove or dampen that noise?

Late response here, but I had the same issue and resorted to sticking a very small, very thin piece of soft, adhesive velcro (the "loop" side, I believe) to the area where the clutch pedal comes into contact with the metal, then adjusted the bite point in the Fanatec software to account for it. No more noise, and I still have plenty of clutch travel.

Upvote 0
Just re-read your post and it sounds like your issue is when you have the clutch fully depressed, which is the opposite of the issue I had (letting off the clutch, resulting in a loud thunk).

I think it should still work though, just place the velcro on the other side, so it doesn't hit the metal, and adjust the maximum clutch point in the Fanatec software.

Upvote 0
It sort of works. Its the same but opposite as you say. The problem comes from it being fully depressed really fast. I have less of an issue dampening it on its way back.

Tried placing some sorbothane on top of the rubber block that gets hit, and it softens the *thump* a bit, but still not how I want it really.

Upvote 0
Weird that mine doesn't do that (although I'm using VR with headphones so I'm pretty oblivious to any outside noise!). The only answer to the problem can be to dampen it by adding something to cushion the impact, so all I can suggest is to experiment with different material. Maybe sound deadening material used in car audio installs? Dunno...good luck though!

Upvote 0
Just a crazy idea, i know nothing about this since i have a g29. But i had a "clunk" sound when i pressed the gas pedal, and it was the spring inside that for some reason twisted itself and turned or something when pressing on the pedal, turning that spring a bit fixed the issue for me.

Not sure if it could be something like that for you too.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back