AC LIVE STREAM: WEC Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP GT OSRW - Sat 10Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race by everyone. Thank you to the GTs and P1 for great and close racing :)

Apologise to @Trebucht . I said sorry to you before on TS but I think you confused me with other driver because you said I did something that cost your P2 :/ . I was the guy in the P1 trying to pass you when you were fifth on GT class, but I *****d up not only one, but two times in a row in the same spot on the track. So I'm sorry for that, anyways, you did a great job. Thank you for the race and sorry again mate.

Big apologize to @Celtic Pharaoh , I miscalculate the entry to the chicane, braked way to early, to smooth, and was to much on the inside, I did not gave you room and make both spun.

Awesome race. Great duels with many drivers and a lot of hair raising moments. I still do not quiet understand the use of the electric engine. It seems that it automatically uses it on certain parts and I many times ended with no "on demand" use. Also, I should have switched to soft tires on the second stint. My first stint was quiet good.

Congrats to the podium and nice work by the GTs. I could not thank you at the time I was really really busy with the wheel buttons and I use "push to talk" on teamspeak.

Ah it was caught on stream, my biggest butt clenching moment of 2018
https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientBelovedGoldfishKippa :laugh:

I'm very sorry for compromising your race like that Florian. I thought I had gotten past and you 3 were okay but watching that clip now, you lost some positions.

I realised how stupid it was and I should've been much more patient. I'm purposely removing myself from the next Multiclass race as that was a terrible move to do.

Bwoah, that was a sh*t-show from my end.

Pace was good, and the car felt really good, but I've never had a race filled with so many mis-haps and mistakes. After the start i got into this bad mind-set of pushing too hard to make the time back from those early mistakes(which is a really bad habit of mine) especially after realising how much pace I had against the other LMP's.

Without any proper Race-pace practice(except for that 20minutes in official), I really struggled when i was off the ideal racing line and when going faster into corners with more boost when trying to pass safely(<-- I managed that actually@Joseph Wright @Paul Glover :whistling:).

But yeah with that urge to push and make the time back, i was sometimes impatient with lapping and pushing which lead to making more mistake, which in hindsight was stupid AF. But whenever I was passing into a corner I made sure i was beside in the braking zone, not at the turn-in point. Also i made sure of committing to the moves and clearly showing where i was going.Of course there were some hairy moments which would've been avoidable, from which I've now learned how not to pass, and sh*t like that happens to (almost)everyone from time to time.

But I've never learned so much from a race, which is at least one thing good thing i can take from the race. Also it looked worse in the stream than it actually was, and you guys made sure to catch all my worst moments :D

Sorry to all the guys I annoyed and frustrated with my aggressive passing, a lesson have been learned and it wont happen again(hopefully). I had a lot of fun battling and making those comebacks. Thanks again for organizing @Bobby Pennington @Brewer @Celtic Pharaoh my favorite kind of event.

Last edited:
@Joseph Wright @Paul Glover
You are great commentators, shame i couldn't watch the race live with you!
Shame i only found pace halfway through the race and found out my setup wasn't quite right.
Can't wait for the next multiclass sprint race, this was a good one.
Awesome race. Great duels with many drivers and a lot of hair raising moments. I still do not quiet understand the use of the electric engine. It seems that it automatically uses it on certain parts and I many times ended with no "on demand" use. Also, I should have switched to soft tires on the second stint. My first stint was quiet good.
I think i overtook you in the pits, did you refuel half a tank? I refueled 33 litres which was also longer than what it took to change tyres.

I'm very sorry for compromising your race like that Florian. I thought I had gotten past and you 3 were okay but watching that clip now, you lost some positions.

I realised how stupid it was and I should've been much more patient. I'm purposely removing myself from the next Multiclass race as that was a terrible move to do.

Well I have to apologize for my move too. I clearly remember it. After passing those two GTs I was not sure the Corvette saw me and I just kept straight. Fortuntalely I did not hit him but I compromise his race position. I did not realize the magnitude of the this until now. Very sorry.

@Joseph Wright @Paul Glover
You are great commentators, shame i couldn't watch the race live with you!
Shame i only found pace halfway through the race and found out my setup wasn't quite right.
Can't wait for the next multiclass sprint race, this was a good one.

I think i overtook you in the pits, did you refuel half a tank? I refueled 33 litres which was also longer than what it took to change tyres.

I put 42 litres, which I think was too much. Also I kept using mediums while I should have gone with softs. A two stop strategy could have work better. Car was not good on heavy fuel load.

Thanks for the race Im not very experienced in Multi Class, but hell it was fun :) I'll join again.. is there a link to the race? It was streamed right? We cloud use some more slow drivers ;) I'll like to sign up to the next Monday driver academy @Bobby Pennington ;)
We're not having one this Monday as we are in a car transition stage for our Social events, but a post will be put up this Monday for the next Academy which will be on 19 March.

Sorry for the DNF - it wasn't a rage quit - had too much damage on the rear after contact with a LMP (no complaint) plummeted me into a wall with c. 15 mins to go and didn't compensate for the change in handling at the final chicane and completely lost the car. Pull into the pit meaning to change to softs for a bit of a chase down after loses 2 spots but it automatically used my pre-saved strategy so gave me mediums and filled the tank :(. Really enjoyed it up until then. :thumbsup:

Most of the LMPs were very patient, but some were just too aggressive and put themselves in danger as much as us GTs.

Congrats to the podiums and thanks RD Team for another great event.

Bwoah, that was a sh*t-show from my end.

Pace was good, and the car felt really good, but I've never had a race filled with so many mis-haps and mistakes. After the start i got into this bad mind-set of pushing too hard to make the time back from those early mistakes(which is a really bad habit of mine) especially after realising how much pace I had against the other LMP's.

Without any proper Race-pace practice(except for that 20minutes in official), I really struggled when i was off the ideal racing line and when going faster into corners with more boost when trying to pass safely(<-- I managed that actually@Joseph Wright @Paul Glover :whistling:).

But yeah with that urge to push and make the time back, i was sometimes impatient with lapping and pushing which lead to making more mistake, which in hindsight was stupid AF. But whenever I was passing into a corner I made sure i was beside in the braking zone, not at the turn-in point. Also i made sure of committing to the moves and clearly showing where i was going.Of course there were some hairy moments which would've been avoidable, from which I've now learned how not to pass, and sh*t like that happens to (almost)everyone from time to time.

But I've never learned so much from a race, which is at least one thing good thing i can take from the race. Also it looked worse in the stream than it actually was, and you guys made sure to catch all my worst moments :D

Sorry to all the guys I annoyed and frustrated with my aggressive passing, a lesson have been learned and it wont happen again(hopefully). I had a lot of fun battling and making those comebacks. Thanks again for organizing @Bobby Pennington @Brewer @Celtic Pharaoh my favorite kind of event.

yeah I was the yellow vette in that very close 4 way battle at the front when the incident with your overtaking occurred. I dont remember the particulars of how it happened but if it is understood that it was my fault I apologize. As a result of our laptimes (the 4 way battle) being identical, that 20 second crash meant I spent 1h15m driving alone :D it was so boring oh my god.

Anyone else noticed the official race server was 1 second per lap slower than the practice server? My race pace was XXXXXX on the practice server, and XXXXXX on the race server.

Edit BP: We never post lap times in race threads. Please refrain from doing so;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am ashamed of myself being so far of pace...my normal time round there in GT3 is around some 5 seconds quicker ....I did not know if I was going to race until 7.40, so was setting the correct pressures during practice on the default setup...never again will I go on the reserve list, I am just not good enough to be in that position. I like to have my setup complete and race stradegy complete days before the race.

I do beleive @JoelK received a lot of stick that was not always warrented ...he is a great driver and yes sometimes aggresive, but that is his nature and how he drives, please lets not try to change him, I love to watch him ...he may not always get it right, but then who does.

I will finish by saying sorry to all whom I may have held up :barefoot::(

1. The race server felt different today? I was never able to get heat in those medium tires. Tire temps were 5-10 °C off vs practice server, gte times were far below my expectation in the race.
2. The starting grip thing needs to be answered, LMP had 98%-99% grip all qualy. I don't understand why we have to start with lower grip coming from the practice server with 300+ laps over the last days, feels unnecessary to me. What does that simulate exactly^^
3. The decision to space out the cars for qualy came to late, everyone has to agree to do it over teamspeak/chat since it was not written on page 1. It was not necessary in my opinion, we are responsible enough to give each other enough space, with only 11 lmp car and 15 GTE cars this should not be a problem? Was only more work for the admin, who also wants to focus on the race + added confusion

Good race, thanks for the casting/streaming see you next time!
1. Ambient temperature was 19° while track temp was 25°, compared to practice server (26° air - 32° track) was pretty colder, but definitely a more realistic values. You definitely know that 26° for the Eifel are a joke.
2. Because the race server is a scratch event, it's correct to simulate a dusty track that gets cleaner and grippier as the race week-end goes on. The practice server is just for practice, it has been setup with 26° and 100% grip to match the PRO condition of RSR in order to finalize the BoP of the GTE and to give to the drivers the opportunity to compare their times with a reference leaderboard.
3.It has been well explained on TS (mandatory), and in my opinion was necessary in order to give the opportunity to make some clean laps in the first minutes. Even with 11 LMP1s was necessary because the to prepare an hotlap you have to use a lap to recharge batteries and this means a good lap every 3,5 mins, so only 4 chances in a 15 mins qually.

Anyone else noticed the official race server was 1 second per lap slower than the practice server? My race pace was XXXXXX on the practice server, and XXXXXX on the race server.
As above, that's because the colder track conditions that didn't allow the medium compound of the GTE to work in the optimal temp range.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I was the yellow vette in that very close 4 way battle at the front when the incident with your overtaking occurred. I dont remember the particulars of how it happened but if it is understood that it was my fault I apologize. As a result of our laptimes (the 4 way battle) being identical, that 20 second crash meant I spent 1h15m driving alone :D it was so boring oh my god.

Anyone else noticed the official race server was 1 second per lap slower than the practice server? My race pace was 1:56.0 on the practice server, and 1:57.xx on the race server.
Was that on the right hander coming onto the backstraight, because there a guy in front of me spun a GT, which crashed onto me.

Was that on the right hander coming onto the backstraight, because there a guy in front of me spun a GT, which crashed onto me.
I just checked the replay, It was like you said. @Fernando Deutsch and I touched and I went onto you. sorry about that.

Anyways, I hate multiclass with a passion. I just remembered why.

In reference to my little off road excursion, I just wanted to say that in my defense, I was driving an Audi quattro. Yes yes, I know there is the R18 bit in the middle but it's still a quattro :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I may have been a little rash to state I won't compete in the next multiclass. As @Paul Glover stated in the commentary, I was racing hard with @Fernando Deutsch but it still doesn't excuse it and I apologise to everyone for the bad driving.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the slower cars, from my point of view passing was straight forward most of the time. I think I dive bombed a red corvette once at the chicane and was maybe to aggressive into the Michael Schumacher S. There is no point passing there you just have to wait it out it seems.

I also clipped @Buster I think there was a weird lag issue. My replay shows weird input lag from some drivers. You were one of them. My line was also acting up slightly, which was likely the cause of this. I will have it replaced by fiber within the month as it just became available at my place. That should bring my latency down to the 160ms range which can hopefully work with these fast cars.

All and all that was educational. I will redouble my efforts for next time definitely.

Congratulations to the winners.

In reference to my little off road excursion, I just wanted to say that in my defense, I was driving an Audi quattro. Yes yes, I know there is the R18 bit in the middle but it's still a quattro :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I may have been a little rash to state I won't compete in the next multiclass. As @Paul Glover stated in the commentary, I was racing hard with @Fernando Deutsch but it still doesn't excuse it and I apologise to everyone for the bad driving.
Being a quattro rally driver, this will be your next car:
maxresdefault.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back