AC LIVE STREAM: WEC Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP GT OSRW - Sat 10Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Being a quattro rally driver, this will be your next car:

I see you took a picture of me whilst I was trying to race ..

maxresdefault.jpg

Thank you Glaurung for your excellent explanation about conditions. Now I'll follow up with it from my stand point so everyone will know what I do and hopefully we can come to an agreement that we are all trying to replicate real world conditions the best we can. Keep in mind that we are driving a great sim, but is very limited as to what we can do to replicate a real world environment. Hopefully with AC Compitizione, it will tick all the real world boxes for us.

Tire and track temp
Tire temp is a problem for all of us. Ambient temp, cloud cover and the angle of the sun all come into play to have an effect on the track temp. I used to set a time acceleration of 3 on the US races, but when we started to get more serious I noticed that you couldn't really plan for the sun angle change since it was so drastic, plus shadows come into play and chug some systems. If I set the server to make mediums work well, softs get very hot and nothing can be done for hards unless we sacrifice the other 2 tires and get the temps way up there. If I set it up so softs are more manageable, the mediums are going to run cool to cold. We set the server up the best we can to make both tires work, but we have a setting that lets the server have a deviation of + or - 2 and that allows the server to handle the roll of the dice so we the staff don't have an advantage on the rest of you. At the end of the day we are like the weatherman, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we don't, but we keep trying.

Grip Level
Why do we start with a grip level of 98 instead of 99 or 100? Because you guys are so freaking good you need a challenge:p Seriously, how many times do we hear on TV that a track is very green or it's rained and the grip level has to be built back up? All the time. Why do guys want to be the last one on track to set a quali time in F1 or any other series? Because that's the most grip that track will have in that session. We always start it at 98% and then depending on how many drivers we have signed up we use a multiplier to bring the grip up 1%. We hope the grip level reaches close to 100% by quali, but if it doesn't it affects all of us the same way. Here's a couple of examples.
Brands Hatch, GT3's, 30 drivers, 30 minute practice: 30 drivers x 4 laps (per driver) = 120 laps and the grip goes up 1%. Not hard to get the grip level up to 100 % by end of practice.
Nordschleife:devilish:, GT3's, 24 drivers, 30 minute practice: 12 drivers x 1 lap (per driver) = 12 laps and the grip goes up 1%. Why only 12 drivers and 1 lap? Because the lap is so long at the Green Hell and a lot of guys struggle with getting complete laps in (ESC back to the pits so lap doesn't count) we want to make sure to be able to get the grip level to or as close to 100% as we can by the end of practice.

So please understand that when guys don't show up on race day, their laps don't count and hold them responsible as well;) I always take responsibility for the mistakes I make and usually right here in public. If I don't make any, I'm not trying hard enough, I'm just cruising along easy street and not dong a good job for you.

There's a difference between the practice server and the race server
All mentioned above except sometimes I may get a number wrong on temp or time of day. Come race day and this guy signing out and adding this guy so he can have the car he would like instead of the car that is abandoned, trying to do a little practice myself, answering a few questions here or there and everywhere I sometimes run out of time or forget to double check my numbers. What can I say:(:notworthy: Anything outside of that, I don't have a clue, but it affects all of us the same way. I just choose to deal with it and move on. You wait until we get weather. Then I'll probably be the most hated man in the world when all I'm trying to do is provide you guys with an even, but as close to real world playing field that I can.

Instructions in ts
Reinforcement, reinforcement, reinforcement and I'll always do it. This man says it best again:thumbsup::)
3.It has been well explained on TS (mandatory), and in my opinion was necessary in order to give the opportunity to make some clean laps in the first minutes. Even with 11 LMP1s was necessary because the to prepare an hotlap you have to use a lap to recharge batteries and this means a good lap every 3,5 mins, so only 4 chances in a 15 mins qually.

So I hope you guys see that we take YOUR racing very seriously and try do a good job. We don't just arbitrarily come up with numbers or try to mislead in any way. All race organizers are different so there are subtle differences in how we set things up. I just passed my 1 yr anniversary of doing anything with Sim Racing online so I'm still wet behind the ears so to speak. I've learned a lot from you guys and I hope I'm doing a good job for you and it will get better. If not, call me out.

Anyway, thanks for taking part, sorry I couldn't be there. Until next time..........

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%