AC LIVE STREAM: WEC Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP GT OSRW - Sat 10Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi everyone :)

The staff are discussing revising the BoP values for the cars, primarily the GTE class. We have noticed that the BMW struggles to compete with the other 3 and its also a great effort to make the Ferrari work as well so for this purpose, we are running a test server here named:

RaceDepartment.com EU Multiclass BoP Testing - Everyone Welcome #18

This is a joint effort amongst all of us and we are looking to try and give each car a fair chance. At the moment, there is no BoP applied to any of the cars. This will only be for today and the server will be restarted tomorrow with new BoP values. We would greatly appreciate you running on the server as we can gather laptime, speed and sector data from each car through the use of sTracker.
Please note that due to RD policy, this cannot be shared publicly as it shows laptimes.
This will help us determine different restrictor and ballast values. The BMW for certain will not be BoP'ed, the Ferrari and Corvette may need a little and the Porsche will need a lot to balance it with the other 3.

At the moment, we don't think we need to BoP the Audi or Toyota in the LMP1 class as in our own personal experience, they're quite evenly matched.

Thank you for helping us out :)

• Deleted member 387850

I should be able to jump on the server and put in some laps this evening. What's the best way to provide useful data - just do laps with the GTE car you intend to run or swap cars so they can be compared? Is it best to run each car with default setup/fuel so they can be compared? I'm not sure what calculations take place behind the scenes to get the BoP right ;)

I should be able to jump on the server and put in some laps this evening. What's the best way to provide useful data - just do laps with the GTE car you intend to run or swap cars so they can be compared? Is it best to run each car with default setup/fuel so they can be compared? I'm not sure what calculations take place behind the scenes to get the BoP right ;)
Default setups/Same amount of fuel in each car you run :thumbsup: You can of course adjust tyre pressures to being correct.

damn, missed that race. please put me on the reserve list. c7 or audi

Can't put you on the reserve list. Sorry. You are on the Grid:p:thumbsup: If you had the car of your choice, which one would you pick? I put you in the Audi as we don't have as many LMP cars at the moment, but if you feel more comfortable in the GT2 class just let me know and I'll throw you in Hell's Minion:D

At the moment, I have locked the setups to the default setup of each car to prevent anyone from changing it but I'll need to change the tyre lockdown as those are locked too :/

I'll update this later today and restart the server.

The main thing is just jump and swap between cars. Try to maintain consistency in your runs as spins and such can skew the data. And that's pretty much it :) we'll take care of the rest as staff and test new values each day to balance them out

Can't put you on the reserve list. Sorry. You are on the Grid:p:thumbsup: If you had the car of your choice, which one would you pick? I put you in the Audi as we don't have as many LMP cars at the moment, but if you feel more comfortable in the GT2 class just let me know and I'll throw you in Hell's Minion:D
Nice! Thx! Audi is fine! :):laugh:

Guys, I need to shut and restart the server quickly to remove tyre pressure restrictions. I thought about allowing changing compounds but we can't monitor tyre compounds at the moment so it'll stay locked to Softs for now.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

The main thing is just jump and swap between cars. Try to maintain consistency in your runs as spins and such can skew the data. And that's pretty much it :) we'll take care of the rest as staff and test new values each day to balance them out

I’ll do my best, but I’m afraid I might burn if I touch one of those red things from Maranello :D

• Deleted member 387850

I'm gonna pop on now for a while and put a few laps in on each. I'll be on Teamspeak as well, although I see the AC chat must have a race on at the moment so I'll use the Advanced Driver Academy channel if no one objects!

• Deleted member 387850

Well that's about 8-10 laps put in with all four GTE cars. I was about the slowest on the server but the laps were fairly consistent and comparable, so hopefully it's useful! Taking a quick look my gaps between each car, they were very similar to yours @Bobby Pennington so hopefully that will be similar across the board.

Well that's about 8-10 laps put in with all four GTE cars. I was about the slowest on the server but the laps were fairly consistent and comparable, so hopefully it's useful! Taking a quick look my gaps between each car, they were very similar to yours @Bobby Pennington so hopefully that will be similar across the board.
Thank you for the work. I'm going to go again here in a bit. When @Celtic Pharaoh changes the settings I'll give it another whirl.

Based on my numbers it's obvious that the cars need the Bop.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back