Tracks Landsbergrallye WP1 Track release

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by MrSilva, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Mascot

Mascot
    Card-carrying mod whore Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    Is there going to be an updated release soon now that the failure-to-load issue seems resolved?

2. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    working on it. i want all ppl be able to shoot away these streetpoles! i'll prepare an experiment to test now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    Yo my fellow testers. Whoever is willed to risk to freeze his system again:
    I've exported a version without complex physical objects that need parenting (means streetsigns are all solid now, what is ok i think.) i hope the error was digged somewhere there. Happy tesing!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/154qosa89jl2eb5/phsx_noparent.7z/file
    (back in 2 hours, so please don't hate too much since then ;) )

4. AccAkut

AccAkut
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,541
    why do you think those redist packs should solve it? I'm really curious where you got that info. Isn't all of AC actually "older" than the last release of those packs?

5. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    I've got one confirmed fix by updating this. I've got newest installed and maybe its used by ksEditor while export. But really not sure about this. This is why i am asking. ;)

6. Mascot

Mascot

Ratings:
    +301
    Still does not load for me. Hangs when loading the car, then crashes.

7. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    Because of filling up RAM huh? Damn. :'( Your system info? Did you install c++ packets? (Sorry i have to ask over and over. Just still try to find a hint.)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  8. AccAkut

AccAkut
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,541
    we had the idea that every moveable object needs to be registered in some way with the CPU and when the number gets too high it causes some sort of buffer overflow or something with those that freeze totally.
    With those loading, but producing huge RAM loads.. does AC maybe instance the objects in the RAM, so that with 300 pylons it will store 300 instances of the pylons mesh and texture in the RAM? Kunos tracks use only low two-digit number of these objects I think

9. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    what do c++ packs have to do with this? most of us have been trying mods since day one and no one has been having these kind of problems with a track. I tried it with the latest fix. it keeps doing something before loading the game but instead of showing Loading track, it says loading car.then I can't do anything, it's really fu$##$d up
    [​IMG]
    and it's that physx.kn5 file, if you remove it, it works fine

it also works fine with AccAkut modified file

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mascot

Mascot

Ratings:
    +301
    i5 6600k/980Ti. Haven't installed c++ packets and don't really want to for one mod. Sorry..!

11. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    If you didn't install c++ packets you miss minimal installation requirements. (You'll install these with the next new game anyway).

12. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    i hope it also works with proper early fix file? : http://www.mediafire.com/file/z6ktkulsyyc5a8d/landsbergWP1_09_prefix.7z/file
    Also your log file should tell you, that the track is loaded successfully.
    Anyway you should install redist packs before complaining. It's necessary to track down the error. Thx for your help.

13. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    AC installs everything afaik
    [​IMG]

14. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    looks like we have to investigate this in future ;)

15. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    Where are 2017 versions? This track is done in 2018! Maybe new files are needed.

16. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,506
    C++ redistributables are required for the actual application (acs.exe, in this case) to work correctly. They have absolutely nothing to do with the file format of the kn5s that AC uses...

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    But why it fixed the issue for one (at least) already?

18. RMR1

RMR1
    Rainer Maria Rosemaier Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    Edit: Nevermind...

19. MrSilva

MrSilva

Ratings:
    +67
    If we don't try, we'll never know. Thanks to whoever downloads redist packs and gives feedback.

20. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,506
    There’s also been a claim on this or the AC forum that uninstalling bitdefender made cars in AC drive better...

• Haha Haha x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.