Tracks Landsbergrallye WP1 Track release

Wondering if these objects have LOD out parameters?
Yes, they LOD out at 300 meters, but are still stored in a crazy way (you can drive over previously hit objects again). Still: decimating number of physical objects isn't a fix. It just reduces RAM usage on some machines. Like you know, the big physical version needs less than 3GB on our test machines. But sure it looks like I have to publish a fail-safe version next.

Greets,
This beautiful track, "green heart of Germany" not loading.
PC simply completely stuck in the while.
Think, the possible reason already mentioned there:unsure: Something with memory.
Please, make it work for all. If possible.

lol, the track is pretty accurate! I wouldn't tell the difference from an AC video. it's funny how they loop the track and then finish on the bridge to the right of the Y intersection.
without the chicanes (the race layout) is such a great fun to drive on the road

AccAkut

Premium
never realized until now that Krajiska Zmija has every road pole collidable! and it works fine and using 6gb of ram!
weird, that one I could drive when it was new (haven't tried in a while), but i remember it being quite laggy, always thought it was due to that "hidden easter egg". Maybe that track is still below whatever the treshold for full freezes is.

Hello Racers!
I am proud to present "Landsberg Rallye WP1". What started as an experiment, grew up to a beautiful project I have to share.
Version 0.9 is out:

If you have trouble to start this track you may try to:
- Disable "Force-32bit" in AC settings
- update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
(
I've got the first confirmed fix via installing latest C++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2017 (vc_redist.... files):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
)
- send your logfile to my e-mail: info@ichcheckdem.net, or post it here.

if nothing helps, replace the phsx.kn5 file in "landsbergrallye_wp1" (non-collidable version of street poles and signs):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z6ktkulsyyc5a8d/landsbergWP1_09_prefix.7z/file

Please report what helped, and if it helped at all. THX!

====================================================================

old Version:
I will update this thread frequently and let you know about updates and future plans. (And there are planned some huge things)

Thank you guys for more than 600 downloads! Nice, that so many people enjoy the summer in my homeland.
I just updated the project homepage you can reach via the video.
Here some information from the Future Plans Section:
For now I have to tell you that the Free State of Thuringia (the State I live in) just released their Open Data. This dataset contains raw airborne laserscan data as well as processed pointclouds that just contain the clean surface without trees etc. in an about 2 Meter resolution. Also you can find 3D buildings, vegetetion data, high-res pictures... for the whole state.

I'll create some screenshots to show you some examples of this data soon.
There you go. Haselbach 2.0!
You see a simplified surface mesh and the well-done buildings from OpenData.
NuData.jpg
nice work

Yeah...another dead map and wasted opportunity...
This startet and developed absolutely STUNNING...i love the drive right through the VERY CENTER of Germany (look at google maps...its the VERY center).
Very accurate, when compared to the real footage and just beautiful...but no development since 2017...SINCE 5 YEARS.

Also, the physics-file wouldnt work for me, just as for many others the map wouldn't load...but the alternative physics-file from the mediafire-link fixed it...sadly with non-clipped "Katzenpfosten" (german for "white road poles with reflectors")...would have been cool to run them down, when running wide...DAT DAT DAT DAT DAT xD. (reminds me of a famous song from "Torfrock"...every german knows what i'm talking about..."stoppen kann uns nur ein Begrenzungspfahl....dengel dengel dengel dengel"). ;-)

But still a beautiful little map and you can even feel the surface rumbling in the controller...dont know if ffb with wheels works too...haven't got no steering wheel, sadly.
Try it, its fun...and if ANYONE knows the original creator of the map:

KICK HIS ASS AND TELL HIM TO FINISH HIS WORK!!!
...this map deserves its final touch!

AccAkut

Premium
Yeah...another dead map and wasted opportunity...
This startet and developed absolutely STUNNING...i love the drive right through the VERY CENTER of Germany (look at google maps...its the VERY center).
Very accurate, when compared to the real footage and just beautiful...but no development since 2017...SINCE 5 YEARS.

Try it, its fun...and if ANYONE knows the original creator of the map:

KICK HIS ASS AND TELL HIM TO FINISH HIS WORK!!!
...this map deserves its final touch!
...und was trägst du dem ganzen aktiv bei? Solche Forderungen von der Seitenlinie kommen hier nicht unbedingt gut an...

...und was trägst du dem ganzen aktiv bei? Solche Forderungen von der Seitenlinie kommen hier nicht unbedingt gut an...
Ich versteh nicht, wieso ihr den Kommentar so negativ wertet. Die Strecke is großartig, ich finds nur traurig, dass sie unfertig bleibt und Dateien enthält, die erst ersetzt werden müssen, damit sie läuft und auch nur mit Mühe zum Download gefunden werden kann. Von über 200 Strecken, die ich mir gezogen hab, is mehr als die Hälfte beta gewesen...die meisten seit mehr als 5 Jahren ohne weiteren Fortschritt.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000