LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks mate... glad you're liking the little bit of aging. had to be done :)
I won't make them quite as old as the below tunnel though :D
Good that you had a test drive in the MX5...
It's a great car when you have a track (or roads) with loads of fast corners
It's not the fastest car ever, but fast enough to learn the flow of a track. Apart from the 3 main junctions the MX5 is pretty much flat out around here.
View attachment 258337
tumblr_ood5d75b3A1w27jeoo1_400.gif

Tidying up some loose ends... things like creating a 100+ pit box free roam layout... the 1st 32 pit boxes will be at the 'usual' start position (well the new usual start location :D ) Then I will use the car parks at Red Box... Switzer... Lawlor... Hidden Springs (next to the tunnel) Colby Ranch... etc etc ;)

If anyone is crazy enough to host a 100+ slot server... It could be crazy trying to find people ;)

I hope to have the update up by this weekend :)

Last edited:
I haven't actually played AC for about 8 weeks now, I suspect this could be what draws me back in :D

Amazing work!
Awesome, I hope that's the case mate... It's quite literally been a very long road to get it to where it is now...

With freeroam servers... this should be some cool Super / Hyper car fun around the Smoking Tire roads :) some awesome fun should hopefully be had :)

Now the groundwork is pretty much done... hopefully from this update onwards... more frequent, more incremental updates will be rolled out. This groundwork has been a Mammoth undertaking. There's pretty much nothing left from 0.3 so this is a totally new build... in effect, this is LA Canyons Version 2! :D

Hopefully I'll see yourself, and other people who follow this project in a server soon for a well deserved cruise mate :)

It would be really cool if there was a way to set the server to late afternoon/evening so we can drive with the lights on like in those screens above.

It would be really cool if there was a way to set the server to late afternoon/evening so we can drive with the lights on like in those screens above.
It is possible but only through CM I guess, its like setting up a server at night if that's what you mean. You'd have to have assettobynight installed at least I tried with that one and it works
If there isn't someone who hosts a midnight or sunset super car canyon run... With or without CM...
I'll have to question the sanity of Sim Racers in general. Embrace the night :D
But it looks pretty nice seeing the mountains in the day... So either way... should be fun.

I've had to stop myself getting too carried away with the pitboxes...

32 at the usual start point..
pits_start.jpg

53 at Red Box Gap
pits_redbox.jpg

22 at Switzer Picnic area
pits_switzer.jpg

18 at Hidden Springs... Next to the tunnel...
pits_hidden.jpg

For a total of 125! lol
Those pointy boxes are the dimensions of LaFerrari's

And for the extra's....
pits_acdh.jpg

A 32 Pit Box Angeles Crest Downhill.. Starting at Newcombs... The physics up that far are pretty shakey... (maybe that won't be a problem in other engines) But if it's too much... those with the extra roads can always drive as far up Angeles Crest as they like in Freeroam :)

Last edited:
.. it's past midnight here.. shall I go to bed or?
Got to sort out quite a few files, and double check a few things yet... so will probably be around midday Tomorrow (UK Time)
There are no cams yet... which I might decide to do before the update... or do a separate download slightly later when they're done... Then add them to the following update.

Also I'm weighing up if it's worth spending a few hours per layout on cams, only for many of them to have to move when bazillions of other things go in.

Everything is rather huge with this track... including the 125 starting grid.... for the freeroam...
Just incase anyone was crazy enough to want to have a 125 car race around here :D
125grid.jpg

loads of things to double check, for example checking the many many start / pit boxes having their pivot set Y up Z forward. I wouldn't want any supercars to break on loading in.

Ok... Good job I tested a few things... As there needed to be a few changes with the surfaces... Massive thanks to @correca for testing this out :)

Those with only the normal roads.... A little past the closed gates (you can drive round obviously lol)... and you will fall through... Supporters will get these... and wont fall. Both files work on the same freeroam server.
road_open_01.jpg

Just Zipping the track up and will be uploading :)

Damn you Phoenix, I work all weekend, I won't be able to test this new version until Monday night.

I haven't played with Correca in weeks, thanks to my work schedule. I don't even know if he still has his server available to test this new version. I am tempted to rent one from RackService if necessary.

It's taking a while to upload...
I think you'll have some fun driving with him around here mate :)
I'm not sure if he's keeping it going... but he currently has one. If you search canyons you'll find it.

Goes up to 125 pit boxes... although probably 50 - 60 is a better more sensible number... but I had to make 100+ possible, due to the hugeness of it all :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.