Phoenix77

Premium
To keep the track support thread cleaner... I thought I'd open a thread for everyone using the latest version (0.55) of LA Canyons to organise Angeles Forest car meets, cruises, racing on the servers... etc
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-55-18.jpg

Anyone hosting a server, let others know about it here (with any necessary mods)...
And hopefully more people will find your servers and join in for some fun online.
As this was always my plan when creating my tracks.
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-57-57.jpg

If this thread is in the wrong place, apologies...
could an Admin please move where it should be, thanks :)
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_14-7-118-1-46-45.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a hotlap challenge for anyone interested. Lamborghini Gallardo S3 using street tyres on the normal loop (for anyone that doesn't know, normal loop is left out of the pit area.) Timing can be checked using the stracker link a few posts above.
Is there some tuning setting to calm down the Gallardo S3? I couldn't even make it the first 5 corners at fast pace, it oversteers so much off throttle. Whereas first try in the LaFerrari I made it all the way to the tunnel before breaking it (clipped the stone entrance to the tunnel)

Is there some tuning setting to calm down the Gallardo S3? I couldn't even make it the first 5 corners at fast pace, it oversteers so much off throttle. Whereas first try in the LaFerrari I made it all the way to the tunnel before breaking it (clipped the stone entrance to the tunnel)
Yeah it is a very different beast to the LAF! I'm not good with setups so not sure really. I went full neg camber at the rear and more neg at the front but no idea if it was a good move. The main thing is brake in a straight line, it is when you need to adjust mid corner or something catches you out that the car gets away from you (IMO) if you brake in good time and give it very minor throttle mid corner and boot it on exit it kind of behaves. I'm paraphrasing here but - We choose to go around LA Canyons in a crazy over powered Gallardo on street tyres and do the other things, not because they are easy but because they are hard! :D

The timing seems to be the same using normal loop as it was in free roam. It would be great if you could come out of the pit area and set a lap time on the first lap. A bit like on a point to point like Krajiska Zmija where the timing starts as you cross the start line but I don't know if that stops you being able to set a lap time on lap 2? Regardless I think it might be a better option for timing on a track this long. I give up setting a time in the Gallardo S3 on the server, the street tyres only really last 1 lap even if you crawl around doing a 30+min outlap.

Just spent 19:25 trying to set a time in the Monaco only to fall off a cliff a few corners before the last junction (it's an un-barriered right turn). I think it can't make it under 20 minutes, it'd be under 22 though.

Certainly needs better tires to chase anything modern... they overheat in 3 minutes of full attack, you have to stay at 80% or so.
19:12 for me on my first attempt - what an absolute cracker of a car. Couple of brake for your life moments in an effort not to go flying off the edge, otherwise quite a pleasant thing, and the perfect track for it.

On a second lap after getting comfortable with the car, a 18:57 was the result. So my theory almost anything can dip under 20mins continues :D

Last edited:
The timing seems to be the same using normal loop as it was in free roam. It would be great if you could come out of the pit area and set a lap time on the first lap. A bit like on a point to point like Krajiska Zmija where the timing starts as you cross the start line but I don't know if that stops you being able to set a lap time on lap 2? Regardless I think it might be a better option for timing on a track this long. I give up setting a time in the Gallardo S3 on the server, the street tyres only really last 1 lap even if you crawl around doing a 30+min outlap.
Had a quick check... on Kunos 'Circuit' tracks... (I tried Highlands Long and Imola) They have the same timing issue... starting as you load in... and doesn't reset as you cross the line... ran full cars and checked the replay... even from the last car... which actually crosses where the line is... doesn't reset the timing.

'Stage' tracks work better with the timing resetting to 0:00 as you cross the line... Therefore... there isn't much I can do about the timing for now. Shame as it's a real pain on this huge circuit!

I have had it reset the timing on occasion though... I think it resets on normal / reverse layouts for the 1st time... if you go back to the pits... the timing system goes wonky. The timing goes less wonky on layouts with an AI line.

19:12 for me on my first attempt - what an absolute cracker of a car. Couple of brake for your life moments in an effort not to go flying off the edge, otherwise quite a pleasant thing, and the perfect track for it.

On a second lap after getting comfortable with the car, a 18:57 was the result. So my theory almost anything can dip under 20mins continues :D
Abarth 595... Ford Anglia... Maybe your Transit?? over 20 mins.... lol
Sabine in a Transit around here... 15 mins lol

Had a quick check... on Kunos 'Circuit' tracks... (I tried Highlands Long and Imola) They have the same timing issue... starting as you load in... and doesn't reset as you cross the line... ran full cars and checked the replay... even from the last car... which actually crosses where the line is... doesn't reset the timing.

'Stage' tracks work better with the timing resetting to 0:00 as you cross the line... Therefore... there isn't much I can do about the timing for now. Shame as it's a real pain on this huge circuit!

I have had it reset the timing on occasion though... I think it resets on normal / reverse layouts for the 1st time... if you go back to the pits... the timing system goes wonky. The timing goes less wonky on layouts with an AI line.
Yep in MP on normal circuit tracks the timing starts as you enter the session so any time spent in the pits is part of that (invalid) lap time until you finish your outlap and the timing then resets as you cross the line. On point to point type tracks the timing resets as you cross the start gate and then again when you cross the finish gate. Could it be possible to set a start gate and finish gate that are either side of that pit area perhaps? So when you pull out of the pits going the normal direction you break the start timing but not the finish one and vice versa on the reverse layout. I know it is a bit of a dodgy solution as when you do full laps there is a small area of track that is not timed. I was just thinking it might be a better solution on a track this big as if you are going for a lap time it is going to be on the first lap most likely and if you are doing multiple laps you are more likely cruising or doing something other than hotlaps. This idea might not work but it is just a thought.

Yep in MP on normal circuit tracks the timing starts as you enter the session (so any time spent in the pits is part of that (invalid) lap time until you finish your outlap and the timing then resets as you cross the line. On point to point type tracks the timing resets as your cross the start gate and then again when oyu cross the finish gate. Could it be possible to set a start gate and finish gate that are either side of that pit area perhaps? So when you pull out of the pits going the normal direction you break the start timing but not the finish one and vice versa on the reverse layout. I know it is a bit of a dodgy solution as when you do full laps there is a small area of track that is not timed. I was just thinking it might be a better solution on a track this big as if you are going for a lap time it is going to be on the first lap most likely and if oyu are doing multiple laps you are more likely cruising or doing something other than hotlaps. This idea might not work but it is just a thought.
Yeah the idea of using the AC_AB_START / AC_AB_FINISH gates... has crossed my mind... And I was thinking about putting them on top of each other... the Starts and Finish.... But not sure what implications that would have for the AI... In theory I think it should work though...

The timing around here... is one example of Assetto Corsa... not quite playing nicely with what I want to accomplish.

Yeah the idea of using the AC_AB_START / AC_AB_FINISH gates... has crossed my mind... And I was thinking about putting them on top of each other... the Starts and Finish.... But not sure what implications that would have for the AI... In theory I think it should work though
Or could it be possible to have a couple more layouts? I think Tajo might of done something similar where there is an AI/SP layout and then an MP layout. You could have MP layouts of normal and reverse. If the finish gate is ever so slightly behind the start gate for normal and reverse maybe it would work? You may well get the odd joker/person who doesn't know which way to go in MP who pulls out the pit area and breaks the gates the other way around to set a 0.x lap time but I dont think that is a real issue. I wouldnt have thought it would work for the free roam version but could be an idea for normal and reverse.

More layouts with more AI lines isn't really an option mate... at 56mb per 42km AI line... they will increase the download size even further... as it is... 230mb's of the download is AI lines and Ideal_lines.. (used for AI fuel calculations)

When the High Res FFB meshes are done... those AI lines are going to at least double in size...

I'll have to have a think of how to do it Andy... I'm not happy with the timing thing as it is...
If there's a reasonable way to do it... I'll find it... but it won't be in the 0.501 version coming soon.
It's going to need a fair amount of testing.

Keep up the great work @Phoenix77! Not trying to crap on your work, I hope it doesn't come across like that. I like driving LA Canyons so just throwing ideas/feedback out there with reckless abandon.
It's totally not coming across that way Andy... no worries... cheers for the feedback :thumbsup:
Just some things I want to do... have planned... have limitations on the current engine ;) It's all cool mate.... Maybe there'll be a workaround / patch /hack or something... If the headlight shader can be done... I'm sure the timing system could receive a swift kick up the ass :D

It would also be an awesome thing... If someone could make an app / hack to reset your car to the nearest road after falling off, would be so useful on long tracks...

But I'm sure something like that would also upset the game balance... and enable some form of 'cheating'

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back