Phoenix77

Premium
To keep the track support thread cleaner... I thought I'd open a thread for everyone using the latest version (0.55) of LA Canyons to organise Angeles Forest car meets, cruises, racing on the servers... etc
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-55-18.jpg

Anyone hosting a server, let others know about it here (with any necessary mods)...
And hopefully more people will find your servers and join in for some fun online.
As this was always my plan when creating my tracks.
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-57-57.jpg

If this thread is in the wrong place, apologies...
could an Admin please move where it should be, thanks :)
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_14-7-118-1-46-45.jpg

Last edited:
Hilarious spectator bug. Flying cars!!
Just... how? This is a bug which can be caused by the track itself? :roflmao:

I plan to do some modifikations on my server in the next days. Mainly I will add a small amount of mod cars to it which fit to the current mix. I will put a link to the required mods (all on RD) into the server name.

Also, I'd like to restrict the tyres on the server to Street tyres. But first I'd like to know if this is a no go for many people or if they're ok with it. Somehow it does feel wrong for me to use the semi slicks there.

With mod cars, you might have fewer players. Public server and mods are not the best friends...

For tyres, it seems natural to choose street tyres on public roads, I allways do when I have the choice. But again might hurt the traffic.

I would also suggest to use the original AC cars, not even the DLC cars. There are plenty of great road cars to choose from. This way anyone has AC (and the Canyons mod) can join.

Last edited:
Just... how? This is a bug which can be caused by the track itself? :roflmao:

I plan to do some modifikations on my server in the next days. Mainly I will add a small amount of mod cars to it which fit to the current mix. I will put a link to the required mods (all on RD) into the server name.

Also, I'd like to restrict the tyres on the server to Street tyres. But first I'd like to know if this is a no go for many people or if they're ok with it. Somehow it does feel wrong for me to use the semi slicks there.

Semi slicks are street legal yes ? Be nice to get the Viper and the 512TR SS, Diablo and a few of the other great cars on RD on LA Canyons for sure.

Not sure as I did not look into it but I think there's also the possibility to make some server mods? Might be that automatic race restarts can be done this way?

I'd sure love to host some Transit races on this track once it's available. As I don't think that the server will ever use all 57 slots at the same time, there might be enough resources to host a second one in parallel just temporarily for an event like this.
There's definitely ways of making server mods... I mean look at what Minorating and was it SRS that managed to make a system for people joining to download custom skins?
Way way out of my knowledge area though.
And I do think, maybe for now... that 57 is possibly a little bit high... But I really appreciate you trying for that number. I was surprised just how fun having 8 cars last night was in @Correcas Flat Out server.. especially with oncoming traffic at certain points. Awesome... Sorry for the crash Correca... I need to always glance at the mini-map, before driving round a sweeper on the wrong side of the road :D

To be honest, I'm only going for this high number so people can choose from a wider mix of casrs.
Yeah that's cool, good thinking mate... Also it's good having slightly less as loading's a little quicker when swapping cars... I have no idea what a good performance / choice of cars number would be though.

I did notice on loading into your server... that to start with the cars load pretty fast (I'm not on an SSD) then they sort of pause for a second... Could that be some kind of Assetto server limitation?

Might take a little while to find the sweet spot number.
I find it lovely to finally have a newer version out there for people to drive on :)
Awesome to finally see a load of cars other than myself... after months of testing!

Regarding only using AC cars (not DLC) and or mod cars...
There are way too many amazing mod cars... not to use them in any LA Canyons server... Caterhams (great to learn in), Vipers, Diablo's, 512 etc etc etc ... They're just way way too good not to use...
The same goes for the DLC cars... I just love that GT3 RS, Aventador, 488 GTB, Huayra BC, P1, McLaren 570.... etc etc. Maybe one server could use just vanilla?

And regarding the tyre choices... I personally like (and probably need) some extra grip... But I'm happy with what most people want to go with :)

At the end of the day... I'm just really happy there are servers... For people to have these choices :)

Last edited:
Btw... I don't know if this is possible... Is there a way to rotate times of day sessions on a server.

So for example... when it's 8AM in the real canyons...
A daytime event is loaded...Starting at 8AM going to 6PM... Then maybe a Sunset Server for a few hours... Then when that session ends... It switches to a night server? Then back again for the 8AM server....

Btw... Slow as.....[...] 18:41 A seriously slow time in this car... But in my defence it was foggy out!
And pretty scary at places reaching around 150mph :D

I managed to do a 17:33:104 if i'm not mistaken. But I was cautious, not memorized all the dangerous spots yet. I was a little bit faster by a few seconds with the Veloce, thanks to the better tires, tricky and sneaky girl but so enjoyable.

With fog on, it's pretty intimidating. I send you the administrator password, next time you can change the weather as you like. Type /help in the chat for the commands list (/next_session to cycle between different weather conditions).

I managed to do a 17:33:104 if i'm not mistaken. But I was cautious, not memorized all the dangerous spots yet. I was a little bit faster by a few seconds with the Veloce, thanks to the better tires, tricky and sneaky girl but so enjoyable.

With fog on, it's pretty intimidating. I send you the administrator password, next time you can change the weather as you like. Type /help in the chat for the commands list (/next_session to cycle between different weather conditions).
I've done a 15 mins something in the Gallardo... but even that time felt like it could be slow for what the car can do... So many corners to get right... it's a really nice challenge though.

Thanks for the admin password... I kind of liked the lucky dip weather though... I wasn't expecting fog and thought s**t these speeds are dangerous... I was glad to make it round... and with a valid lap! Caution to start with is completely recommended around here! And the Veloce loves these Californian roads... with the right setup it loves PCH and LAC.

Our crew (simrace.pl) plan to spot and ride on Saturday evening, see you on the servers.
In any case we can set up our 40 slots Rack, but as for now seems there are enough of them?

btw great author's contribution for that sensational route :inlove:

Did my first timed lap and did it with the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Bad time. :D
It was a 19:10:345.
It's under 20 mins... so that's an okish time... The new version has only been out about 4 days... so it will take some time to really really push any cars.
When you get some of the lines... you're going to love them... such a flow to these roads. Which is why I took it on, and made them in the 1st place :)

Our crew (simrace.pl) plan to spot and ride on Saturday evening, see you on the servers.
In any case we can set up our 40 slots Rack, but as for now seems there are enough of them?

btw great author's contribution for that sensational route :inlove:
Sounds great @rauf00 , I've driven with @Hachiroku_88PL on Pacific Coast...
And he was super quick along there :thumbsup:
And the group of guys that have been driving in the canyon servers
have been amazing fun to drive with.
Makes all my work much more rewarding :)

Really glad you're liking these roads! It's great to finally see people enjoying them :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back