Jeremy Clarkson dropped as Top Gear host, BBC confirms

Let's see, who am I going to believe more, a bunch of randoms on a web forum, or a press release from the UK's oldest TV broadcaster…

We have been discussing the viability of press releases in this thread for the last couple of posts.

You come in and state as a fact that whats been said must be the truth cause BBC released info as such.
Sure, its fine to believe that. Perhaps it is true.

Oftentimes press releases are not entirely true or honest or well informed, though. Especialy those 'tabloid topics' like who fired who or who divorced who.

Personally i wouldn't go off a press release without checking other sources first. That's the whole point.
And it doesn't make your truth trump anyone else's.
You have your truth, I perhaps have another.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'll just ignore the press release issued by the party that conducted the investigation, which happens to be the press release every news outlet is reporting on, shall I?

Just to illustrate my point here. Please do not see this as a personal attack. Its not meant as such. I am just using something you said:

Here you state your opinion about things you have read or know otherwise about JC and the incident.
You support this view by your confidence in your judgement of character.
This is all subjective and might very well be based on wrong facts.
It doesn't HAVE to be, mind you, I understand that, but you are threading on the fine line here.
Do you know JC? Do you know any of his co workers? Were you present in such a way that you can really fund your judge of character by observing JC's behaviour on the workfloor on a regular basis? If not, where do you get your details from?

If you are member of his inner circle then you do know, but then I would find it disingenious to mouth off about someone in public where he isn't present to defend himself.

And if not, I hope I have put my point across in an understandable way.

Again, not trying to send a personal attack here. I hope that comes across. :)

I provided my opinion on JC's character separately and stated it as just that, my opinion.

The fact that he yelled at his co-worker for an excessively long time and actually hit his co-worker is a fact that is not debatable and has already been proven and witnessed by quiet a few people which gave their testimony. I don't know how it could be any more cut and dry quite honestly.

Its mind boggling that some people are willing to disregard actual facts and just pretend it might never have happened just because JC was popular.

Had you or I assaulted someone while at work, we'd have been fired for it; I don't see why Clarkson should get off any lighter simply because he's famous.

Where I work, I can be fired for even threatening an employee with any violent act as long it was witnessed by another employee. I've already seen one co-worker that was fired for threatening another.

No, you don't read. I don't claim it is false. I just question the fact that people tend to eat whatever the media feeds them.
And I question the act of mouthing off over individuals eventhough they are not present to defend themselves.

But I digress. Perhaps I need to be more clear. :)

I don't claim it is false
No, of course not. You're just claiming that the BBC don't have the information from a BBC investigation led by someone from the BBC investigating someone from the BBC who assaulted someone else from the BBC, the results of which were reported on by the BBC.

No, you don't read. I don't claim it is false. I just question the fact that people tend to eat whatever the media feeds them.
And I question the act of mouthing off over individuals eventhough they are not present to defend themselves.

But I digress. Perhaps I need to be more clear. :)

Robin, the only response I can give to that is that you if you don't believe all of the overwhelming and consistent reports about the incident that took place then nothing else will likely convince you. Since you were not there to personally see what happened, I suppose you can write it all off as a big conspiracy. I can't really debate that with you because if that's the way you feel, its just the way you feel.

No, of course not. You're just claiming that the BBC don't have the information from a BBC investigation led by someone from the BBC investigating someone from the BBC who assaulted someone else from the BBC, the results of which were reported on by the BBC.

No I do not either. You are just getting irritated about the fact I don't view things like you do. :)

Robin, the only response I can give to that is that you if you don't believe all of the overwhelming and consistent reports about the incident that took place then nothing else will likely convince you. Since you were not there to personally see what happened, I suppose you can write it all off as a big conspiracy. I can't really debate that with you because if that's the way you feel, its just the way you feel.

And again you try to put words in my mouth. I have, on multiple occasions, said that I don't feel on way or the other towards the JC case.
For all I know it is true.

I just used this example for my bigger point, which you don't seem to understand.
Might very well be me not getting it across very well.

Let's just leave it and race some more!

I just used this example for my bigger point, which you don't seem to understand.
Your point seems to be "Ignore the BBC; after all, all they did was conduct the investigation themselves".

And again you try to put words in my mouth. I have, on multiple occasions, said that I don't feel on way or the other towards the JC case.
For all I know it is true.

Let's just leave it and race some more!

If your point was that we shouldn't believe everything the media tells us, believe me I don't.In fact, I hate the news and media in general for this reason. However, in this case, I haven't seen the media taking liberties with the facts.

Dave, I am not sure why you resort to insults. It only shows your inability to properly discuss matters.
I have reported your post as I find it unneccessary.

@Blkout indeed. I don't want you to have any different opinion either.
At least we agree on this then. :D

I am not sure why you resort to insults. It only shows your inability to properly discuss matters.
I have demonstrated, repeatedly, that you're talking out your back-end. Yet you seem wilfully ignorant of the basic facts. So report me all you like, it won't change the fact that you're completely wrong here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back