Jeremy Clarkson dropped as Top Gear host, BBC confirms

+100 That idiot goes to Vietnam thinking it is funny to paint a car to be a giant rolling stars and stripes flag, they go to the Argentina and start hitting on the Falklands War (*1) for laughs, he should have been fired years ago! Also, he gets expensive cars for free to play with only to pan them with the most brutal reviews, why? Because Clarkson cannot drive the car! Or he needs some bile to pump into 'Product Clarkson' so some company has to lose hundred of thousands of dollars just so he can go acting an ass on Sunday nights. Get out of here Clarkson your many years out of date!

*1 I know they deny this, this is one of those unusual occasions where it would be stupid to give them the benefit of the doubt, they themselves would well understand why I am sure.

Oh please. Don't people have a sense of humor anymore? He has ripped on America so many times and far more viciously than other "smaller" countries, but everyone just has a great big laugh as he knocks down the big fat bully. And I was laughing the hardest. Hell, he came to my state and did that jig in the garage when he blew a tire while driving in the Appalachian Mountains all the while ripping the speed limits, the Christians, the gun-toting rednecks and the fat asses. So what? It's entertainment.

Yup. That hefty fine proven to be one hell of a deterrent didn't it... Put it this way, if it had been any one of us mere mortals saying that stuff, we'd probably be in court on god knows how many accounts of inciting racial hatred.

You got to remember, the 2 Jamaican women are only "representatives" of the black population in this particular instance. You can bet your life that a large amount of the Black British population was offended by that, just like a lot of Asian British people probably would have been. Gogglebox isn't the ultimate acid test of what public opinion is, I agree, but you can get a good general feel for what people are really thinking.

So I don't think it's pointless at all. My point is, people got offended and he needed to have been taken down a notch or two a bit earlier IMHO.

People get to offended to easily. I agree with that he should have been punished more and that if it was someone like us who said such things then we would have gone to court. The world cannot please everyone but it tries too hard to do so.

Still don't believe for one minute they didn't realise what they were doing with the number plate in Argentina
I just did a nationwide Auto Trader search for the Porsche 928. Want to know how many I found? 7.

Not 7000, not 700, not even 70.

Seven.

Also, don't use that numberplate as an excuse for the appaulling and despicable behaviour showed by those particular Argentinians; there is no justification whatsoever for starting a witch-hunt over a damn license plate.

image-jpg.337407

Also, don't use that numberplate as an excuse for the appaulling and despicable behaviour showed by those particular Argentinians; there is no justification whatsoever for starting a witch-hunt over a damn license plate.

At what point did I excuse the Argentinian behavior? I'm just saying I don't believe it was a coincidence that that particular plate was chosen....and I certainly don't believe they decided upon a Porsche 928 first and then happened upon that particular one! How naive are you?

EDIT: Please stop comparing or mentioning Clarkson in the same paragraphs as Jimmy Savile, and co. These people are monsters and did horrific things.
I am not comparing him. I am comparing what was for many years a flawed attitude that existed in law enforcement and organisations such as the BBC.
So sorry but its a legitimate example of where people were excused their actions and it went unchecked and lead to horrendous actions. The behaviour is not on the same scale, it is merely an example of Celebrity in the past making you untouchable.

Did you not bother to read the part where I pointed out the Porsche 928 is a very rare car? They didn't exactly have a lot of choice!

So they decided on a road trip to Argentina, then decided to buy a 928, and then by pure chance chose to buy the one that had that plate?

Do you not think it far more likely that they saw that car first, and on the basis on the plate decided on a trip to Argentina?

No, I'm
So they decided on a road trip to Argentina, then decided to buy a 928, and then by pure chance chose to buy the one that had that plate?

Do you not think it far more likely that they saw that car first, and on the basis on the plate decided on a trip to Argentina?
The BBC aren't that ridiculous! They would have decided to go to Argentina they then would have decided on a car and out of the few choices they had by chance they chose it on the number plate but seriously from the actual news reports, not sure if you read or watched any of them, but they seemed genuinely surprised and shocked which suggests that they didn't realise a numberplate that is legal would really cause so much of an outrage.

Yes!
What the hell are you smoking‽ Or does coincidence not exist in your worldview‽

Be a good time to buy in on Netflix stock if the rumours are true. He will get full rights to do what he wants. Would love to see him hamster and slow do the same sort of show but with all machines not just cars! imagine them doing all the challengers and other bits with planes cars bikes and boats! that would be funny.

Oh please. Don't people have a sense of humor anymore? He has ripped on America so many times and far more viciously than other "smaller" countries, but everyone just has a great big laugh as he knocks down the big fat bully. And I was laughing the hardest. Hell, he came to my state and did that jig in the garage when he blew a tire while driving in the Appalachian Mountains all the while ripping the speed limits, the Christians, the gun-toting rednecks and the fat asses. So what? It's entertainment.
Can't agree more. It's the PC police that got Jeremy. Pretty soon you'll only have tv shows that do the "right" thing, only say the "right" things, never say anything controversial or politically incorrect. And not a single one of them will be worth watching.

Jeremy Clarkson...:poop:
BBC...:poop:
MOD edit: 1 is enough- Any constructive words you like to share with us ?
Haha, but there was a rather serious point I was making lads! Yes, what Jeremy did was wrong, but the BBC multiplied it by a factor of 10. So much for the mod edit...:rolleyes::cautious: wondering why no one picked up on my point.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back