Jeremy Clarkson dropped as Top Gear host, BBC confirms

Stigs reaction to all this?

landscape-1427296987-stig-reacts.gif
aVWoB3M_700b.jpg

So they decided on a road trip to Argentina, then decided to buy a 928, and then by pure chance chose to buy the one that had that plate?

Do you not think it far more likely that they saw that car first, and on the basis on the plate decided on a trip to Argentina?

I don't know how it is in countries outside the US, but in the US, you buy a car then you get a plate issued to you by the state you live in. Unless you request a specific "vanity" plate, you don't get any choice of what plate is given to you and you don't get to keep whatever plate was on the car when you bought it. I just don't believe anyone intentionally chose that plate and to be honest you would really have to read a lot into that plate to make something offensive of it. It looked more to me like the veterans had a bone to pick to begin with and looked for any reason to make a scene.

Haha lol. The thoughts and opinions made me giggle a bit. Top Gear showed the world a way without political correctness. The people that are going off at Top Gear are the type of people that jump on you for racism if you say something is "black" even if it is. Political correctness needs to stop as it is getting over the top and Top Gear was a great leader in this. I miss Top Gear and the BBC really did shoot themselves in the foot here.

Haha lol. The thoughts and opinions made me giggle a bit. Top Gear showed the world a way without political correctness. The people that are going off at Top Gear are the type of people that jump on you for racism if you say something is "black" even if it is. Political correctness needs to stop as it is getting over the top and Top Gear was a great leader in this. I miss Top Gear and the BBC really did shoot themselves in the foot here.

You realize he was fired for more than just political incorrectness. He struck one of the shows producers in the face over an incident related to a steak. That was crossing the line.

You realize he was fired for more than just political incorrectness. He struck one of the shows producers in the face over an incident related to a steak. That was crossing the line.
And a lot of people are saying that he should been fired a long time ago due to this 'political correctness'. You must be asking what provoked him to attack as he has never done it before apart from Piers Morgan which was provoked as far as I know.

And a lot of people are saying that he should been fired a long time ago due to this 'political correctness'. You must be asking what provoked him to attack as he has never done it before apart from Piers Morgan which was provoked as far as I know.

Jeremy is a grown man, I assume he has thick skin and should be able to control himself to the point of striking one of his co-workers. Did you happen to see when the media asked Jeremy about his firing and he responded by saying "all I know is that people should leave Oisin Tymon alone, this is not his fault." If that's not an admission of self-guilt, then nothing is.

This is clearly my opinion, but I'm a pretty good judge of character and I feel Jeremy felt he was untouchable based on the fact that he felt Top Gear wouldn't exist without him and he likely felt that the BBC couldn't do without Top Gear so Jeremy ran off at the mouth too often whenever he felt like it. He simply went too far this time and bit him in the butt. This is all coming from a HUGE Top Gear fan and I'm seriously bummed about the future of the show or lack thereof but I can't fault the BBC for what had to be done. This is 100% Jeremy's fault and he put them in this position so I blame him for the cancellation of the show if that happens and likely will.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that if Clarkson hadn't had such a poor name outside of the Top Gear fanboy circles that he would have been fired outright. Its funny, the straw that broke the camel's back turned out to be a metric ton bushel. Its one thing to skirt the boundaries of good taste in this PC conscious time its quite another to push the boundaries and THEN proceed to assault someone.

Assault is assault. If he were squeaky clean he coulda been given a suspension, a fine, community service, and so on. Instead its a case of "oh, now he's gone this far. You not gonna do anything about it BBC?". Impossible position for the BBC to be in. Clarkson made his own bed. Him being amusing doesn't change him committing a crime whilst having spent all and then some of his credit to earn anything resembling a pass.

Its not the end of Clarkson but it is the end of a format that we've come to love and then become indifferent to (or at least I have). He'll turn up again, but this time he won't be striking anyone. There'll probably be something like that in his contract.

I find this all to be pure tabloid drivel to be honest.
If you weren't there, you don't know what happened. Pure and simple.
I am not sticking up for Jeremy, as frankly I found him to be pretty annoying often, but it wont be the first time the media wants us to make up our minds on info they conveniently choose to share.

I am not sticking up for Jeremy, as frankly I found him to be pretty annoying often, but it wont be the first time the media wants us to make up our minds on info they conveniently choose to share.
I agree. He should be fired for punching the producer. He shouldn't be judged on past things that have been said as these are two completely different incidents was what I was trying to say at the start. I think that he should be fired but this does make you wonder if they are telling the entire story.

Robin, he admitted what he did and there were plenty of witnesses. How can you refute that?

I agree. He should be fired for punching the producer. He shouldn't be judged on past things that have been said as these are two completely different incidents was what I was trying to say at the start. I think that he should be fired but this does make you wonder if they are telling the entire story.

I doubt you'll ever know every detail of what happened and they don't owe us that. Even if you heard every detail, who are you going to believe?

Last edited:
The man is not here to take part in the discussion. Defending himself nor admitting anything.
The point I try to make is that all we see and hear is what the media chooses to write. Nuances are often lost (or willingly deleted).
I have a problem with this 'tabloid-ism' and people jumping on it like a child on free sweets.
Women and old people think tabloids are telling the truth. :D
It doesn't interest me, I find it often dishonest and no form of integrity.
If Jeremy were here taking part in the discussion then we should all go for it. ;)
Its easy to destroy someone in an internet/media frenzy as has been proven more than once.

Again, its not that I am a JC fanboi. I find this way of talking about people and judging people on the internet and in the media poor taste.

You can either agree or disagree. I have no problem with that.

Just to illustrate my point here. Please do not see this as a personal attack. Its not meant as such. I am just using something you said:

This is clearly my opinion, but I'm a pretty good judge of character and I feel Jeremy felt he was untouchable based on the fact that he felt Top Gear wouldn't exist without him and he likely felt that the BBC couldn't do without Top Gear so Jeremy ran off at the mouth too often whenever he felt like it. He simply went too far this time and bit him in the butt. (...)

Here you state your opinion about things you have read or know otherwise about JC and the incident.
You support this view by your confidence in your judgement of character.
This is all subjective and might very well be based on wrong facts.
It doesn't HAVE to be, mind you, I understand that, but you are threading on the fine line here.
Do you know JC? Do you know any of his co workers? Were you present in such a way that you can really fund your judge of character by observing JC's behaviour on the workfloor on a regular basis? If not, where do you get your details from?

If you are member of his inner circle then you do know, but then I would find it disingenious to mouth off about someone in public where he isn't present to defend himself.

And if not, I hope I have put my point across in an understandable way.

Again, not trying to send a personal attack here. I hope that comes across. :)

And that's exactly what happened.

No it didn't. He has not had his contract extended and no further contract given. As it was expiring this week anyway. So in effect, he wasn't actually fired.
Anyway, what's done is done now and me personally, well I think he should have been fined, slapped on the wrist and made to apologise and that would have been sufficient. But no, it all blew up in the media and we have lost of of the only true entertaining programmes on TV today.

Get rid of the BBC I say, I am fed up of paying their compulsory annual tax anyway.

Had you or I assaulted someone while at work, we'd have been fired for it; I don't see why Clarkson should get off any lighter simply because he's famous.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.