Jeremy Clarkson dropped as Top Gear host, BBC confirms

Yes, of course, just because he's famous, let's let him off. I mean, all he did was assault someone, unprovoked. See, only normal people should be punished for crimes of that nature; celebrities should get away with it.

Seriously, why do people think it's OK for someone to verbally abuse someone else for half an hour and then punch him?

@RaceProUK Yes he should be fired for punching someone. But people are allowed to have their own opinions on whether they are telling the entire story. All of the stories have got their information from the BBC so you cant say that for instance the Advertiser allows for the argument to be better because they got their info from the BBC. I think that if he did punch the producer without being provoked then Hammond and May would stay with the BBC and continue a new, reformed Top Gear. But as they are now talking about leaving and probably have agreed upon it, then that begs the question as to why. What was said/done for Jeremy to punch the producer? I really dont think that the BBC is telling the entire story.

Now does that make me an idiot for not believing everything that I have been told? No it doesn't. It is my opinion and its your opinion that the BBC is telling the truth. I am not insulting you because that is your opinion and it is different to mine so why should you?

Yes he should be fired for punching someone. But people are allowed to have their own opinions on whether they are telling the entire story.
This also starts up an argument on whether the end result justifies the means. If he did out of protection you would say fire the producer. If he did unprovoked then I would say fire him. But I dont think that either of these things happened.

I think that if he did punch the producer without being provoked then Hammond and May would stay with the BBC and continue a new, reformed Top Gear. But as they are now talking about leaving and probably have agreed upon it, then that begs the question as to why.
Because they're mates, and they want to stick together :p
What was said/done for Jeremy to punch the producer? I really dont think that the BBC is telling the entire story.
It was something about there being no hot food available at the hotel IIRC, a fact the BBC did report on before. A pathetic excuse for Clarkson's actions of course, but what's done is done.
Now does that make me an idiot for not believing everything that I have been told?
Being skeptical is fine. Dismissing facts entirely is not. You are the former, btw; as far as I can tell, you're not wilfully dismissing the BBC's statement ;)

I wouldn't trust or believe anything the BBC said anyway. They deliberately tried to hide Jimmy Savilles hobbies from the general public (the very ones who pay their wages) for 40 years. I detest the BBC and really do wish they would have their licence fee tax taken off them. If they go down the pan, so be it. Plenty of other channels of the old googlebox.

Oh, of course, let's just throw out everything the BBC says, true or not, because of one event. Let's ignore how their reports are corroborated by independent eye-witnesses, as well as evidence provided by all the parties involved. In fact, while we're at it, let's just throw all logic and rational thought out the window, dress up as bananas, and dance the Funky Chicken.

So someone is reporting news you don't like. Man up and deal with it.

Reminder:
Golden Rule in RD - Forums--->
Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

Stop insulting people by breaching our simple forum rules
removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies