Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content

This corner in particular is pain in the ass in Type S-Zero.

I delete 3.4 and instaled again the 2.3.2. The Acura S1 tuned with compression do this corner easily faster in street tyres.

Also, normal behaviour in this corner is understeer and not oversteer.

It is just one of the cases it is hardly to find any other car that behaviour like that in this corner.

These cars are a blast to drive. Even on a Dualshock 4, hooning the Type-S Zero is so much fun.

Some tips for people who have trouble driving the NSX:
- This car has the weight distribution of a RR car with the inertia of an MR. Keep in mind while driving.
- Practice left foot braking. If the rear starts to step out under braking, gentle throttle application stabilizes the car
- Do not lift in corners. Try to never enter corners while coasting (unless you know what you're doing). Lifting causes oversteer.
- Try not to brake in corners. Brake well before a corner, and go through the corner with the throttle applied.
- NSX-R is stiff and very understeery. Drive that if other variants feel too difficult.
- S1 has modern Advan AD08R tyres.
- Turn off the tyres app. Do not think about the tyre indicators going red. Just drive.
- Use its natural oversteer to your advantage. Understeering in a corner? Lift the throttle a little bit to upset the car and cause oversteer, which can help you turn.

Last edited:

This corner in particular is pain in the ass in Type S-Zero.

I delete 3.4 and instaled again the 2.3.2. The Acura S1 tuned with compression do this corner easily faster in street tyres.

Also, normal behaviour in this corner is understeer and not oversteer.

It is just one of the cases it is hardly to find any other car that behaviour like that in this corner.
stay more left and turn later

I really like the changes to the tyre mode with the latest update, the only problem i have is that i find the car to be a bit slow on some tracks, particularly the nurburgring, with the NSX R 94 i had a 8:08 lap time there something close to the real thing in the previous version, with the new tyres though much better in most respects i struggle to drop below 8:20 and the car is very unpredictable in some corners, is anyone able to get sub 8:10 times at nords with any of the NSX? i know im not the fastest but as the real car could do sub 8:10 with its normal if i'm not mistaken tyres then the 3.4 versions not being able to do so might be an issue in regards to the total grip the tyres provide (thermals etc are amazing on the latest version and feel very realistic, it's just the total grip they provide in ideal/close to ideal temps that i question)

Is the type s zero accurate? No amount of explanation in the physics department would convince me such a car exist that a driver could not peacefully turn corners when the tyres heat up. When there are videos of the real car battling against evos and gtrs with ease in Tsukuba, hell even taking victories in endurance races.

[10:42 AM]
Arch:
I implemented helper springs to some NSX versions that have them IRL and changed the implementation of the damper data. Perhaps it will resolve most of the remaining issues.

[10:42 AM]
Arch:
I implemented helper springs to some NSX versions that have them IRL and changed the implementation of the damper data. Perhaps it will resolve most of the remaining issues.
I'm entirely sure it will help out with the car, but I'm not entirely sure most of the remaining issues are with the car.

Some1 updated Honda NSX with a new update entry:

Version 3.5

- Added helper spring setup to 92R, 94R, S-Zero and Zanardi
- Added lookup tables and installation stiffness for bumpstop rate
- Changed implementation of damper data
- Changed engine reference humidity
- Changed tire temperature vs mu curves
- Changed tire load vs mu curves
- Adjusted normal suspension alignment height
- Recalculated brakes
- Improved autoblip parameters (Autoblip driving aid only)
- Other minor changes, housekeeping of .ini syntax

MIRROR...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Improved with 3.5. A bit less temperamental tires. Still difficult to recover from large slides but maybe just a reality of NSX?

Could water temperature needle be fixed? Sits at the top all the time when it should be near the middle.

Improved with 3.5. A bit less temperamental tires. Still difficult to recover from large slides but maybe just a reality of NSX?

Could water temperature needle be fixed? Sits at the top all the time when it should be near the middle.
Well, you can't expect too, too much from a stock MR car, it's also 90's tyre technology, so it wouldn't have alien grip like new supercars.

Good thing NSX doesn't snap-oversteer like MR2. lol

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%