Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not in the near future, I'm afraid. Will be really busy with real life starting from summer or so...

I have some other things on my plate, but if you're into doing a physics-only update for our modern tire/aero/etc innovations I'm sure I or I + Arch can get something together.

Hello, developers-senpais, first thing that I want to say is “domo arigato gozaimasu” for your outstanding job and special thanks for adding S-Zero.

I hate to be too annoying, but I have one more thing to ask of you … and it’s headlights animation … again. I know I have already asked you about this, but I want to clarify what exactly was meant.

Don’t get me wrong I have CSP + SOL installed, and I have working head/tail lights, I just wanted to ask you to return proper headlights animation if possible. I think that NSX has some special charm when lamps go out first, and then after a short delay, headlights go down.

For example, there is a pretty old Honda NSX PVLSX mod which is based on your mod as its description says (it’s convenient to use it to avoid conflicts with your current mod). This mod has a proper headlights animation in CM (Content Manager) showroom, in default AC showroom and on the track, same timing for headlights everywhere.

Your current headlights animation has an equal time period for opening and closing, just smoothly up and smoothly down, with no delay before closing, which is wrong. Moreover headlights move with one speed in CM showroom and on the track, but with another speed (very slow) in standard AC showroom (when you run Assetto Corsa without Content Manager, you know the old one where you need to press Num7 to turn on/off headlights, Num8 to turn on/off taillights and so on). Although if I put “lights.ksanim” file from NSX PVLSX mod or your older mods (v2.0 or v2.1) to “animations” folder, headlights start moving too fast and jerky in CM showroom and on the track, but with proper speed in standard AC showroom. There is something else that messes up the headlights animation in your newer mods, except lights animation file. Since the rule is “You ARE NOT ALLOWED to modify this mod. Please do not contact me about permissions for mods -- I will not allow it. Enjoy the car as it was intended by Honda engineers/designers.” fix it please if you can or explain why you can’t at least briefly, because It’s interesting from programming point of view, no other mod of popup HL car has such a bug/feature.

Ferrari 512 from NFS Tournament Class A Pack also has a complicated HL animation (right HL goes up -> left HL goes up and left HL goes down -> right HL goes down) and it’s works the same in all showrooms and on the track.

P. S. By the way, about front bumper lenses lights, I can literally see through the car (Acura NSX S1, Acura NSX Zanardi Edition, Honda NSX S-Zero).

Honda-NSX-S-Zero-Bug.jpg

Best regards and sorry for my English.

Hello, developers-senpais, first thing that I want to say is “domo arigato gozaimasu” for your outstanding job and special thanks for adding S-Zero.

I hate to be too annoying, but I have one more thing to ask of you … and it’s headlights animation … again. I know I have already asked you about this, but I want to clarify what exactly was meant.

Don’t get me wrong I have CSP + SOL installed, and I have working head/tail lights, I just wanted to ask you to return proper headlights animation if possible. I think that NSX has some special charm when lamps go out first, and then after a short delay, headlights go down.

For example, there is a pretty old Honda NSX PVLSX mod which is based on your mod as its description says (it’s convenient to use it to avoid conflicts with your current mod). This mod has a proper headlights animation in CM (Content Manager) showroom, in default AC showroom and on the track, same timing for headlights everywhere.

Your current headlights animation has an equal time period for opening and closing, just smoothly up and smoothly down, with no delay before closing, which is wrong. Moreover headlights move with one speed in CM showroom and on the track, but with another speed (very slow) in standard AC showroom (when you run Assetto Corsa without Content Manager, you know the old one where you need to press Num7 to turn on/off headlights, Num8 to turn on/off taillights and so on). Although if I put “lights.ksanim” file from NSX PVLSX mod or your older mods (v2.0 or v2.1) to “animations” folder, headlights start moving too fast and jerky in CM showroom and on the track, but with proper speed in standard AC showroom. There is something else that messes up the headlights animation in your newer mods, except lights animation file. Since the rule is “You ARE NOT ALLOWED to modify this mod. Please do not contact me about permissions for mods -- I will not allow it. Enjoy the car as it was intended by Honda engineers/designers.” fix it please if you can or explain why you can’t at least briefly, because It’s interesting from programming point of view, no other mod of popup HL car has such a bug/feature.

Ferrari 512 from NFS Tournament Class A Pack also has a complicated HL animation (right HL goes up -> left HL goes up and left HL goes down -> right HL goes down) and it’s works the same in all showrooms and on the track.

P. S. By the way, about front bumper lenses lights, I can literally see through the car (Acura NSX S1, Acura NSX Zanardi Edition, Honda NSX S-Zero).

Best regards and sorry for my English.

The NSX PVLSX is actually an unauthorized mod. I have never allowed them to modify it and release it! Truth be told, they probably never asked either, they just assumed that if they include the credits for the original author they can do whatever they want. I'd rather that you simply deleted the mod, but oh well.

As for the headlights, the old way was actually a hack to get the headlight animation faster -- vanilla AC didn't support adjusting the speed of the popup animation, so to make it faster, you had to make the animation do nothing for ~1/3th of the time and then animate for the rest of the duration. That way, when you turned on the headlights, they would do nothing for the first 0.x seconds and the open up quicker. Depending on where you put the non-moving part of the headlight animation, it was either in the beginning or in the end (or a little in the beginning and a little in the end).
CSP fixed the headlight animation time setting, so naturally I just reverted to fully linear animation and then tuned the animation time via CSP parameters. That however, meant that in vanilla AC the headlight would pop up very slowly.

I think you're right though, that maybe tinkering with the headlight animation and make it less linear, we could achieve better results, just like before 3.0. Some user has also reported problems with headlights not animating, so its worth a look.

As for the showrooms -- I have totally given up on both the vanilla AC showroom and the CSP custom showroom. Neither of those really support the final set of features in game when using CSP (refractions, for example). So for time being, I suggest not using the showrooms at all. Maybe ilja/x4fab has some plans for improving the consistency between the showroom and ingame, I don't know. I had an idea that somebody could make the showrooms as actual tracks, so we could do all the showrooming directly in game -- you can already open doors and toggle the driver through 3rd party AC apps etc.

Last edited:
Showroom should not ever be used to troubleshoot any kind of issues. Assume that nothing works in them and you will be right most of the time.

I think you're right though, that maybe tinkering with the headlight animation and make it less linear, we could achieve better results, just like before 3.0. Some user has also reported problems with headlights not animating, so its worth a look.
It would be great, thank you in advance.

Showroom should not ever be used to troubleshoot any kind of issues. Assume that nothing works in them and you will be right most of the time.
OK, I got it. Next time I'll use free camera that works directly from the track for troubleshooting.

Free camera activation:

Assetto Corsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

[CAMERA]
ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1

Load the track, then start the session, then press F7 to activate use arrows to move, shift + arrows to move slower, ctrl + arrows to move faster, hold right-mouse button to rotate the camera.

But this thing is not very convenient to use.

I'd prefer something like Some1 said.
Maybe ilja/x4fab has some plans for improving the consistency between the showroom and ingame, I don't know. I had an idea that somebody could make the showrooms as actual tracks, so we could do all the showrooming directly in game -- you can already open doors and toggle the driver through 3rd party AC apps etc.

But for now, we are where we are.

really enjoying these
Screenshot_some1_honda_nsx_type_s_zero_1997_ks_nordschleife_4-2-121-22-0-3.jpg

I've boosted the tyre volume through csp ext config, if you want to use it download the .ini, rename it to .zip (not allowed to upload .zip..) and extract to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars

obviously watch out if the mod gets updated, you would probably want to delete these if the tyre levels get adjusted.

edit: also high beams may be too bright compared to other cars

Attachments

• nsx skid volume RENAME to zip.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
This reminds me of a legacy detail, the sebring silver 92' Acura no longer has a TND4SPD plate :)

(I guess if it wasn't for the old TNFS association of this mod, the 92' model wouldn't even be included, as the 94' drives so much better on track :laugh:)

Last edited:
The 92 never had anything to do with TNFS, those were all 94s.
I was only going by the r15/r16 wheels on the showcase model on photos, specs, and clip (link), which looked similar to the 5 spoke ones on the bundled v3 92' model. But looking back, the previous 2.x only included a 94' model on them, instead of current r17/18, my bad. :unsure:

Missed the different ingame wheels as Arch pointed:
1614979509810.png

I was only aware of the similar ZR1 inconsistencies

Last edited:
I was only going by the r15/r16 wheels on the showcase model on photos, specs, and clip (link), which looked similar to the 5 spoke ones on the bundled v3 92' model. But looking back, the previous 2.x only included a 94' model on them, instead of current r17/18, my bad. :unsure:

Missed the different ingame wheels as Arch pointed:
View attachment 451722
I was only aware of the similar ZR1 inconsistencies
The showcase car could have been a pre-94 model, it definitely has the 5 spoke wheels 92 had.

The TNFS NSX is a bit trickier in that regard.

As for the ZR-1, however, I specifically stated a bunch of times that I made the '90 version featured in the showcase videos.

I apologize if my last phrase wasn't clear, as I still remembered your choice. The inconsistencies I meant for the ZR1 were just the mix ups in the original game, where there's the 90' clip and then some late 91' pics (facelift w/ later "92" fender badge) in the showcase, while the 3d can even look like a 90' front with 91' bumper lights.

I apologize if my last phrase wasn't clear, as I still remembered your choice. The inconsistencies I meant for the ZR1 were just the mix ups in the original game, where there's the 90' clip and then some late 91' pics (facelift w/ later "92" fender badge) in the showcase, while the 3d can even look like a 90' front with 91' bumper lights.
Ah, right you are. No worries! :)

I'm not talking about the visuals, of course, I mean the physics of the cars. I know they had an early ZR1 for the photoshoot, but the specs given are consistent with the 93-95 model, and it wouldn't keep up so nicely with the Viper otherwise.

Not sure how that shakes out with the NSX, I never did the research to build that car so I really just don't know.

Last edited:
The physics of the cars are built to the real specifications, and the specs in NFS are for the '94 car, so that's probably the closest match.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 80 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 134 56.8%