Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hmm. I don't know much about AC's sound configuration in the files, but I think something in your common.bank is broken, or something akin to that. Like the car's not being read or something.

I would back up all my stuff like mods and profiles and do a good hard re-install. If that doesn't do it, then **** me. I was just driving the NSXs today, so I don't think it's on our end.

Okay, done that and still no cigar, never mind, obviously something wrong at my end as it seems to run well for others. Thanks for trying.

You can always replace the sound with something that does work (really easy in CM.) Might not be as nice as the custom sounds in this thing, but I'm sure you can find something that's a lot less immersion-breaking than total silence. :)

Some1 updated Honda NSX with a new update entry:

Version 2.3

Changelog

Graphics:
- Slightly better tire texture/material
- Replaced Acura logo with Honda logo on the JDM version
- Mirrored wipers for the JDM version
- Other minor improvements/fixes

Physics:
- Revised suspension geometry points to be more accurate
- Revised stabilizer bars to be more accurate
- Revised dampers to be more accurate
- Revised stroke length to be more accurate
- Revised stock alignment to be accurate to factory values
- Revised suspension height to be correct

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi. I noticed a small discrepancy between blurred rim textures as presented on the screenshot below. Only rear right wheel looks alright to me. The rest of them is somewhat strange.
Thanks for updating this brilliant mod! I was just driving it yesterday ;)
Screenshot_acura_nsx_ks_monza66_23-12-119-14-28-47.jpg

Having never attempted a LOD downsizing (and not knowing the right terminology either :p) I must admit I struggle to understand why it can't be done in an automatic fashion (or possibly with a little assistance, but certainly not the high-labour approach that sounds like it's the norm).
Is there a good link out there which explains this?

Having never attempted a LOD downsizing (and not knowing the right terminology either :p) I must admit I struggle to understand why it can't be done in an automatic fashion (or possibly with a little assistance, but certainly not the high-labour approach that sounds like it's the norm).
Is there a good link out there which explains this?
the purpose of LOD (level of detail) is to have a transition from A to B with minimum differences when you reach the distance of transition, about 15m from the car. (the actual real purpose is level of detail according to the distance, so in other words : computer performance)
And there's no way an automated (and efficient) method would work. How a script could decide whether or not to keep that hard edge, and smooth one etc.
It's all manual labour if you want to make it look good.

Surprisingly the simplygon thingy isn't too bad performance wise (although it can look atrocious). But to me, it's only a viable option if you are doing an online championship, and looking for better performance online etc.

It's less important in the LOD C and D but still.
The B is the one requiring more work.
And the NSX here is looking so damn gorgeous that it would be a real shame to use that script on it.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.
It's less important in the LOD C and D but still.
I guess this is because the distances are larger and the hard edges are less noticeable?
And there's no way an automated (and efficient) method would work. How a script could decide whether or not to keep that hard edge, and smooth one etc.
It's all manual labour if you want to make it look good.
Well, I guess I'll have to have a go at it, to gain an understanding of how it works in any real depth. Is it possible to use free tools like Blender to make the LOD B?

I've written code in the (very distant) past to automatically throw away points from waveforms to make them more efficient to store and process. My assumption would have been that with the right heuristics, this could be made to work on a 2D surface but I guess that doesn't actually work so well in practice because otherwise, the experts wouldn't be spending lots of time doing it by hand :)
(I seem to recall using a button in Blender that decimates a mesh, but I can't recall how much control the user gets in the process.)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.