Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
From the work you`ve done before and the credit that you receive from many modders I am sure that theory is no problem for you, but did ever crossed your mind that Kunos in all their wisdom implemented the correct formula behind the scene and left for us in *.ini files the easy possibility to enter the correct real life data? In that case the formula if applied twice will give the resulting weak suspension. Out of curiosity only
Kyuubeey how did you arrive at the exact number for the motion ratio for NSX smaller than 1? And what`s wrong with this formula apart from the practical difficulties of measuring damper angle from vertical and calculating installation ratio separately for front and rear wheels?
You can't calculate the motion ratio from the info in AC suspension files, so no.

And an MR smaller than 1 is very typical; higher than 1 is only possible with a rocker arm or similar (think openwheelers and LMPs). So the wheel rate will almost always be significantly lower than the spring rate.

@alekabul

Most of the car I was given to work on was made by David Dominquez. David is not some kind of idiot, he did a lot of things right and I trust even his old work to be sensible, but there were things I could clearly improve.

I could have just estimated the MR myself, but I reverse engineered it from David's files then estimated it visually and confirmed that it's a sensible value. So chances are David ended up with a pretty believable value. Hence I rounded it up to something easy to remember and kept that. I also kept the dampers intact as they are with no chances IIRC. The cars drive very well as they are right now and the values for wheel frequency are quite typical and make sense, so I believe it.

No it didn't ever cross my mind because every car has a different motion ratio and motion ratio curve. For someone who doesn't know much at all you really like to bring up a lot of things to try to discredit others' work and it's quite annoying.

Well, if you are that easily annoyed, then have a look at this. Some say a picture is a 1000 words worth. I did some pictures to save time. First your "perfect" clipping setup:
1travel.jpg
acd data.jpg
pits.jpg

The car is exhausted the front travel even at stand still...
After data edit:
NEW data.jpg
NEW pits.jpg
NEW travel.jpg
Let me be wrong and use this screens for your work. You get no more arguing from me in this thread.

Hey, like I said I've already handled this. They're not yet on the public version. If you want to help me, find the force curve for the front and rear bumpstops and their exact dimensions + the exact stroke for the dampers for NSX and NSXR. Precise ARB measurements would be nice too. Spring-wise, it's more or less correct within reason.

Moreover, the car should be basically on top of the rear stops with just the car's weight, and shouldn't have too much travel to the front either. I'm pretty sure David's car has too much stroke, not too little.

Well, if you are that easily annoyed, then have a look at this. Some say a picture is a 1000 words worth. I did some pictures to save time. First your "perfect" clipping setup:View attachment 322125 View attachment 322126 View attachment 322127
The car is exhausted the front travel even at stand still...
After data edit:
View attachment 322128 View attachment 322129 View attachment 322130 Let me be wrong and use this screens for your work. You get no more arguing from me in this thread.
It’s not being “easily annoyed.” You’re making numerous incorrect claims and presenting them as facts to people that have years of experience beyond yours...

It’s not being “easily annoyed.” You’re making numerous incorrect claims and presenting them as facts to people that have years of experience beyond yours...
Moreover, he's attempting to devalue said people's work and is potentially misleading not as informed viewers of the thread. Some guy might now think David/Jason/myself are full of **** and should just put the springs in directly. :roflmao:

There is a strange problem with the sound - all of the cars sound the same both in session and replay, onboard and outside. Sound is of the car the player drives. Happens for the first time and only with this mod. If I change the sound of the car I`m driving, all other 3 sound the same - Acura NSX-R.

Won't be news to you as CM id's it as a GUIDs conflict. Clicking on the orange sign next to it, there's a link for the original creator on how to fix it (generating new ids by moving everything to a new bank with temp name, delete old bank, rename new same as older). Hopefully it'll be sorted by the next update.

Edit: Just to add, this conflict should happen with different NSX's with their individual soundbanks (but same id's) on the same session. P.e, if you launch a session on a vanilla Acura NSX vs 1 AI with an Acura NSX S1, the S1 will use the player's non-S1 soundbank.

Last edited:
Won't be news to you as CM id's it as a GUIDs conflict. Clicking on the orange sign next to it, there's a link for the original creator on how to fix it (generating new ids by moving everything to a new bank with temp name, delete old bank, rename new same as older). Hopefully it'll be sorted by the next update.

Edit: Just to add, this conflict should happen with different NSX's with their individual soundbanks (but same id's) on the same session. P.e, if you launch a session on a vanilla Acura NSX vs 1 AI with an Acura NSX S1, the S1 will use the player's non-S1 soundbank.

Thanks for the heads up but I`m not adept at using FMOD and also believe that the modder uploading the resource is the one to take care of the bug.

You can't just open the .bank file under fmod for that quick fix, you'll need the original project files. That's why I mentioned "original sound creator"; my post was mostly a follow up on your report with a test scenario for @Modek, if he could take a look at it.

Edit: By this point it should be a non-issue, some posts back Modek mentioned that it was already fixed for the next update. post
TBF, the only practical problem comes with a Acura NSX S1 mixed among the other NSX's, as it sounds way different from the other 3. Mixing a Tatuus in the same pack is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the version I've downloaded is the latest version but unfortunately I don't seem to have any engine sound.
Have you tried validating your AC directory? I remember some stuff about the sfx folders being out of date or something and conflicting with mods.

Thanks for getting back to me, I just validated the AC directory and unfortunately it has made no difference.
Hmm. I don't know much about AC's sound configuration in the files, but I think something in your common.bank is broken, or something akin to that. Like the car's not being read or something.

I would back up all my stuff like mods and profiles and do a good hard re-install. If that doesn't do it, then **** me. I was just driving the NSXs today, so I don't think it's on our end.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.