Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Update--I was finding that if I launched using the Test button on the settings page, the wheel would work, but if I entered an event under Drive, it wouldn't work. When on the Settings>Control page, I noticed the preset name was italicized. I clicked Save preset, it overwrote the file, and now it's working in events. I guess it was something going on with Content Manager, but it's strange that other mods were working.

could it be possible to have the tire sounds for default settings? becuase if you turn up the tires volume for this car then the rest of the cars will have really high sound, and the default volume for tires is 5
ccYcSpB.jpg

at least I don't remember ever touching this before
thanks

No because theres more things related to tyres event so in order to lower it i have to increase the other ones,
as i said in fmod all the nsx sounds are balanced to play at those values i gave

Whats sounds more default to you? having all the events at 10 or having all the events at random numbers ?(like default KS audio (10 4 5 9 8 ))

thats why i did it that way otherwise i would have to blast fmod values (play above 0dB) in order to sound high in game....(for example tires would have to play at peaks of + 9db to be heard nicely at volume 4 in game as in your image )

Not sure if you understand but yeahh...nothing to fix here

ok, no worries, I'll try to balance them within my game. thank for reply.
on other subject, I was trying the car at night on a touge and while the low beam light illuminates pretty good, when you turn high beam on though you get more light, it's still a bit low on height, like pointing down a bit.
Probably will have to do a video to show it better, later on.

maybe it was that I was driving downhill also.. will test furthermore

Last edited:
No because theres more things related to tyres event so in order to lower it i have to increase the other ones,
as i said in fmod all the nsx sounds are balanced to play at those values i gave

Whats sounds more default to you? having all the events at 10 or having all the events at random numbers ?(like default KS audio (10 4 5 9 8 ))

thats why i did it that way otherwise i would have to blast fmod values (play above 0dB) in order to sound high in game....(for example tires would have to play at peaks of + 9db to be heard nicely at volume 4 in game as in your image )

Not sure if you understand but yeahh...nothing to fix here
Since you're making sounds for a game where people predominantly drive Kunos cars (which are balanced for the default values - which people will be using), I'd say the defaults make more sense. I don't think most folks will change their audio settings for one car, so the sounds will just sound unbalanced to the majority.

It's too bad we have to try to adapt away from the proper method just because KS' audio engineer(s) think it's okay to have the tires at +24db and the engine at -12db or something. :rolleyes:

...I will change it once again i will make the wind sound "normal" at 4 and tires to sound "normal" at 5

Thanks

Last edited:
As much as I like the mod, i think the 1990 NSX handling was a bit odd. It feels very difficult to turn at least for me.NSXR is a lot better but I kinda expected NSX to be more agile and a bit tail happy in some ways.Unfortunately, the car feels very "dead" to me with little weight transfers and suspension, especially the 1990 version.

Thanks a lot for such an amazing mod. Even though its Beta, i think its a pretty damn good mod.
That's how they were. Remember the NSX NA1 was a street car being given to less-than-gifted customers and it had no stability control whatsoever. So, they made it quite stable (diff was tight, for one thing). The NSX-R is a lot better in that regard, but Honda/Acura's 1st priority with the original NSX was safety and street performance - not generating lap times.

The NA1 with the planetary gear diff indeed seems to be somewhat reluctant to rotate under throttle compare to the Torsen cars. The original non-R car also had noticeable lift-off oversteer issues, which they corrected in the R with the spring balance.

Stay tuned for the next release to see some stuff I did. Namely I touched the geometry to finally make it complete, adjusted the alignment and height to factory settings (Not sure if it was before, maybe it was) and I figured out the (probably) real alignment range for the wheels and input it in and I made a differential. :thumbsup:

As an addendum to the whole issue regarding sound, I've recently been installing a lot of sound mods by the likes of Hillclimber, ACFAN and Fonsecker and the audio settings where the wind and tyres are at 9 is the best mix. On some of them, I had to turn the engine audio off completely before I could hear any tyre sound at all!

If understand correctly, Fonsecker isn't publishing now because too many people ripped his work for their own mods. Sad if true, but understandable, I've seen artists in other fields do likewise for largely the same reasons. The others have been a bit quiet of late too. Modek, if you want to take up their mantle and produce sound mods for other cars, I'd very much welcome it.

Most of my favourite cars now don't feature Kunos sounds, I've heard what I want to hear and I want to hear more!

Dear @Modek

When modding (and in a more general way, when creating things), you gotta keep in mind that there are 3% of junk people, who are ruining it for the rest. Taking all for granted and expecting to be delivered the best just for their petty eyes. More known as selfus entitlilia bastardinosa

We have to accept that, and expect them to put their salt in each of our creations. Knowing that in advance will help about the amount of f*ck they should deserve.

Do what you like, and do it for your own reasons, nobody should change that.
Now that said people are changing your mind about modding, that's a real shame, because
1.) a lot of good people are enjoying your work
2.) and most importantly for yourself, how they shouldn't keep you away from something you enjoy doing.

You're not the first taking a hit from that and it's understandable.
But dude, take some time off if you wish, sometimes it's needed, but do come back to us, we love your work!

I don't want to lose more good modders because of these 3%

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea