Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Car and Lap

Personally I very much enjoy driving electric conversions in Assetto Corsa. Many great cars to name, but I find Mitsubishi Evo IX and Honda S800 to be the most enjoyable. Pair that with a nice hillclimb like Transfaragasan, Trento Bondone or Monte Erice and that'll make for the most fun you can have with your (sim racing) pants on.

All time favourite: rF2 - URD DTM - Hockenheimring

Combos that brought a smile to my face lately:
1) rF2 - Skip Barber - Oulton Park
2) rF2 - Flat6 - Nordschleife
3) AC - Mazda MX-5 - Pacific coast (cruising)

AC/McLaren 650S GT3/Mugello - Yes on stright everytime slower from others but when curves came nobady have chance. Full happy play with overtaking on curved sections, than be overtaked on stright and again, and again. Luckly Finisch line was in place where I'm still was first with My Mac :)
And...I have much more lovely cars with combinations with tracks where i can drive over and over and never be boring.

rF2 and AC at Silverstone with LMP1 and GT cars driving whilst driving the R8 or Aston. Nothing compares when you can hear the LMPs starting to catch you after about 8 or 10 laps, (I think), then you see them bearing down on you lap after lap in your rear view mirror before they overtake. The noises and feeling of this are unmatched for me.

TCR 2018 (especially the Peugeot) @ any track they run at.
rfactor2018-05-1923-1tsq8q.jpg

rfactor2018-05-2022-13fugn.jpg

I grew up with SuperTouring in the '90s and this is the best thing to happen to touring car racing since then.

probably the maserati in the 55 mod for gpl and any period circuit.

also, stock cars on road courses is always good fun.

Last edited:
Live For Speed: Blackwood - Formula XR (FOX)

Any vintage simracer will have driven hundreds of laps of this classic circuit. The benchmark of online racing for years, it's an amazing track. The first few turns are the most challenging, especially through the slippery chicane after turn one, but it doesn't let up. After the main straight, you reach a right turn, which must be taken at speed then right, left through the uphill, spilling right out over the track limits. Downhill again to the second last right turn, then a wide right brings you up to the left-right uphill turn onto the main straight.

Fictional track, but an all-time classic. Scored my first online win here and was punching the air with delight. I wasn't the fastest, but had kept the racing line on the last lap and second place spun off in frustration.

That's what I love about sim-racing.
i really liked the fxr in kyoto :]
is lfs still active?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back