Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Car and Lap

Best lap/car combo ?

Car: CART Extreme mod for Automobilista
Track: Portland (Vanport)

I know it's quite short but so so sweet for me. Can't really explain it. Love it.
Love my CART Extreme mod too. The best eva. @@
Maybe Automobilista isn't exactly my favorite game ever but it does have CART Extreme mod. And have that Portland track. And them two just ...deliver, for me.
Yup, Portland track is so weird - it seems from the first glance that it's not too flowing or special, but boy, it is. I love it with Lola T70 in rF2 as well.

Another my fav combination for years was Zandvoort and HistorX Pantera in rf1. Nowadays, some slower prototypes and rF2 Zandvoort work well too.

Automobilista - Formula Retro at Spielberg 1974. The Red Bull Ring is OK, but it's a pale shadow of what it used to be.

Assetto Corsa - Ferrari 330 P4/Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale at Mugello.

This is too difficult. I might be editing this post for days. :D

Last edited:
In R3E:
a: 77 Corvette Greenwood on Nordschleife: Generally my favorite car, full sensations, a true wild thing, and I feel Nordschleife as one of the tracks that fit the power of its crazy engine, quite trippy ;-)
b: FR Junior on Falkenberg: the grip challenge this car offers on this track is is a true pleasure each time :)
c: NSU on Knutstorp Ring: again a very lively car, I only can do around 1:12 / lap, but even that slow, for me this little roller coaster of a track is just great with the NSU!

Well, I do not have an absolute favorite one, however here are a few combinations, that makes me happy:

Ligier JS P3 | Le Mans 2017 | rFactor 2
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione | Nordschleife ADAC 24h | rFactor
Mazda 727C | Virtua LM Le Mans 1986 | rFactor
Porsche 917K | Le Mans | Project Cars 2
Honda RA272 | Virtua LM Fuji 1986 | rFactor

and so much more...

No need for me to offer my favorite as you already have.
That Ligier JS P3 | rFactor2 is the bees knees.

rF2 and AC at Silverstone with LMP1 and GT cars driving whilst driving the R8 or Aston. Nothing compares when you can hear the LMPs starting to catch you after about 8 or 10 laps, (I think), then you see them bearing down on you lap after lap in your rear view mirror before they overtake. The noises and feeling of this are unmatched for me.
Race driver who loves being overtaken? don't worry man, your secret is save with me :D

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa
458 Italia @ Imola.
I spent dozens of hours trying to beat the stig in early versions. Man that was hard work...
But the track is now my favourite alongside Magione (which is brilliant for both racing and having massive fun!).
And the Italia... perfectly balanced car - it could be a sideways monster and it could be precise as scalpel - and it demands some skill to go fast.

• ronniej

AC / BMW M3 GT2 / Nordschleife
It makes me smile every time.
Ya, even AC / Ferrari 488 GT2 / Nords....or AC / "insert fav car here" / Nordschleife

*Man, a lot of great combos posted in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for Formula Retro at Spielberg Historic ( AMS)....so intense.
WTCC at Falkenberg or Salzburgring...can you say "lift off oversteer"? Raceroom.
Porsche 919 at Spa. AC...or Highland Long. Insanely fast.
Edit:
On the less intense side:
Caterham Superlights at Oulton Park AMS
Ferrari GTO 250 at Thompson Road AC
Porsche 718 RS 60 at Silverstone Historic AC

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back