Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Car and Lap

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Favourite car and track combo1.jpg

This week in our 'Have Your Say' feature we want to know about your favourite sim racing car and lap combination!

We don't mind which game / car / track combo you pick, either vanilla content, DLC or community made mod, or even a game that's maybe not quite as simulation orientated as some of the more 'hardcore' titles available at present. All we want to know is - what's your favourite car / track combo in sim racing, and why...

Have fun!

Image Credit: Marius Nicolae

Phoenix_Grand_Prix_Route_-_1991.svg.png
Amiga Formula One Grand Prix : Phoenix

Always the first race of our full 100% seasons (and we drove many) and always thrilling. Picking up points in this race was always important. Almost impossible to overtake, it made Qualifying for this race even more difficult. A lot of great memories around this track back in 1992.

That has to be the RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 at Silverstone GP in Assetto Corsa, with the McLaren MP4-22 at the same track coming in a close second place.

CAR GAME = PC2 / Ferrari 288 GTO / Red Bull Ring (the car is something different from the rest)
BIKE GAME = Ride 2 / 2015 R1 / Catalunya (The bike can brake so deep...and lighting up the rear in turn 3)
I couldn't resist saying about Ride 2 and R1....really special

Last edited:
MX-5s tend to be very much my jam, as do other low powered but still nice handling cars, but I also tend to get a lot of enjoyment out of sports prototypes, particularly Group C cars. Obviously there's a lot of cars out there I haven't driven so my opinion is liable to change. I had a lot of fun with the Mustang in iRacing as well, so that's another possibility.

Laguna Seca is probably my favourite track, but I have a lot of love for tracks like Brands Hatch, Bathurst, the Nordschliefe, and Montreal.

I'll go with the Unisa Jecs Skyline from Gran Turismo 2 around Laguna Seca, just for the nostalgia.

1965 BRM P261 @ Zandvoort in Grand Prix Legends. Even with modern sims I don't think any combo has matched this for me.

Project CARS 2, Porsche 908, Nordschleife in Oculus Rift VR.

The 908 feels alive, the wheel control is just so intuitive and feels like real driving, it all feels remarkably close to my overpowered Caterham in real life. The Norschleife is the track that gives me the greatest sense of challenge. Oculus Rift VR in PCARS2 is so immersive, the depth into corners, the elevation changes that make picking braking points so much more like real life.

This car/track combo is made for very strong FFB, i love to fight the sebring bumps, im racing this version until S397 release the laser version for RF2 ^^
Sim: Automobilista.
car: CART EXTREME
Track: Sebring (Virtua_LM version)
B2A9A6418D4CE84081695D7F28BA8BC19FAC81BE

Sim: RaceRoom
Car: Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo Gr.5/Audi 90 GTO
Track: Nordschleife

Sim:RFactor 2
Car: Porsche 917K
Track: LeGrandCircuit (classic LeMans)
7EDD1B114546EE7311209A7BD2EF6E3BF46E398E

Sim: Every Sim that have this car/track
Car: V8 VASC
Track: Bathurst ( a classic track/car combo that never fails to challenge you)
85242F0CA16F59DDE62012530A04CF2345141885

Well, I do not have an absolute favorite one, however here are a few combinations, that makes me happy:

Ligier JS P3 | Le Mans 2017 | rFactor 2
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione | Nordschleife ADAC 24h | rFactor
Mazda 727C | Virtua LM Le Mans 1986 | rFactor
Porsche 917K | Le Mans | Project Cars 2
Honda RA272 | Virtua LM Fuji 1986 | rFactor

and so much more...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back