Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Car and Lap

MX-5s tend to be very much my jam, as do other low powered but still nice handling cars, but I also tend to get a lot of enjoyment out of sports prototypes, particularly Group C cars. Obviously there's a lot of cars out there I haven't driven so my opinion is liable to change. I had a lot of fun with the Mustang in iRacing as well, so that's another possibility.

Laguna Seca is probably my favourite track, but I have a lot of love for tracks like Brands Hatch, Bathurst, the Nordschliefe, and Montreal.

I'll go with the Unisa Jecs Skyline from Gran Turismo 2 around Laguna Seca, just for the nostalgia.

I'm just a poor student right now but someday I hope to get some version of the MX-5. Do you have a favourite?

Grand Prix Legends: Watkins Glen - Lotus 49

A thousand laps of this track in the Lotus 49. Always thrilling. If you put in a great first half of the lap, the last two turns proved to be a test of your faith in the tyres. The last graduating turn was tremendous. Get the power down as fast as you can without spinning to cross the line.

Last edited:
Live For Speed: Blackwood - Formula XR (FOX)

Any vintage simracer will have driven hundreds of laps of this classic circuit. The benchmark of online racing for years, it's an amazing track. The first few turns are the most challenging, especially through the slippery chicane after turn one, but it doesn't let up. After the main straight, you reach a right turn, which must be taken at speed then right, left through the uphill, spilling right out over the track limits. Downhill again to the second last right turn, then a wide right brings you up to the left-right uphill turn onto the main straight.

Fictional track, but an all-time classic. Scored my first online win here and was punching the air with delight. I wasn't the fastest, but had kept the racing line on the last lap and second place spun off in frustration.

That's what I love about sim-racing.

I hope one day for a gpl2 from papy..
Old tracks of the golden years of motorsport have my love. factor 2 brabham on spa feels good but mis a whole season and tracks with this cars.

Raceroom.... nordschleife all cars! For me raceroom have the best version. Amg gt3 and porsche gt3
Rfactor 2 formula renault 3.5 or renault megane on jerez. The psygics are insane :thumbsup:

AC - KTM X-Bow @ Nordschleife

H-pattern, no assists, a blast to drive on all those twists and turns. :rolleyes:

Lamborghini Murcielago EnduRacers / Nordschleife / rFactor
Minardi F1 2005 CTDP / Spa / rFactor
Williams FW14B ASR / Le Mans VLM / rFactor 2
911R / Suzuka / Assetto Corsa

The last one reminds me dat heel/toe masterpierce from Senna on the Honda NSX (video available on Youtube)

pCARS2, Panoz LMP1, Long Beach. There's certain things to dislike about pCARS2, but this car & track are superbly done so try them together. The Panoz in 5.1 surround with good speakers has to be the best sounding car, even outdoing Raceroom for authenticity.

rF2, Renault Clio Cup, Oregon Raceway Park. Watching the lineup scrub tires on a rolling start and being challenged by the undulations & stark terrain of ORP with a car that requires a lead foot.

AMS, FVee, Spielberg 1977. Nobody else has an official FV and historic Spielberg flows so nicely.

AC, Lola T-70, Bridgehampton. Too much power with blind corners, so easy to scare yourself and it all looks sharp.

Raceroom, DTM92, Mid-Ohio. Amazing that DX9 can look this good and the driving combination has all the right elements.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%