Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Car and Lap

Has to be the modern F1 cars in AMS. Difficult under braking and slidy on exit, yet so intuitive and predictable. Had a blast last time round Montreal. Also really enjoying the Boxer Cup.

Closely followed by iRacings Audi R18 at Le Mans.

Automobilista is my constant 'artists muse' so to speak, love all the content, constantly good...but at the moment it is Reiza's flagship car the 'Stockcar V8 on Melbourne'....really like it.
...an honorable mention is rF2 'Callaway Corvette GT3 on Istanbul' coming in at a close second

Grid Autosport
Holden Commodore V8 Supercar
Dubai, Gulf Approach

The Dubai city environment as a whole sucks in Grid but there's one short layout that's perfect for the V8SC class - kinda like a fantasy Surfers' Paradise.

I Could never really pick one but..
I really Love LMP1 & Group C in Assetto Corsa any circuit.
Automobilista Would have to say All the Openwheel Formula Cars that's one area that AMS does miles better than the rest even without rf2's tire model or AC Hybrid system. The feel, Physics, FFB, & overall polish makes them #1 for me. & Can never forget about CART EXTREME in AMS (hopefully the rf2 version gets fixed so there's a good version for it too)
In terms of tracks for sure can not make a decision
But All of Patrick Giranthon's Tracks

Screenshot_shelby_cobra_427sc_thomson_25-2-118-22-33-39.jpg

Assetto Corsa - Shelby Cobra @ Thomson Road (by @Fat-Alfie)

Best lap/car combo ?

Car: CART Extreme mod for Automobilista
Track: Portland (Vanport)

I know it's quite short but so so sweet for me. Can't really explain it. Love it.
Love my CART Extreme mod too. The best eva. @@
Maybe Automobilista isn't exactly my favorite game ever but it does have CART Extreme mod. And have that Portland track. And them two just ...deliver, for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

:inlove:

upload_2018-5-26_18-22-45.png

I've been prepping for Le Mans as of late. So AC/ any modern car / Le Mans, but I kind of get in to whatever is the next big race. I just went through a Nurburgring phase and before that I was wearing out Sebring and Spa. All on AC as I like to control what skins the AI have. I did do N24 in PC2 just to model day/night & rain more than just a few times.

Live for speed in Blackwood with any car to be honest.

Blackwood and the short variant of brands hatch achieve to be tracks so short yet so fun to drive that i feel like if i can do them for hours and still feel like a kid in a candy store with unlimited money.

My most favorite is any cars at Oulton Park on PC2 or AMS
2nd place: RSS GTs at Imola on AC
3rd place: Flat6 at Mills on rF2 / WTCC cars at Suzuka on R3E

Assetto Corsa, Mercedes AMG GT3, Nordschleife with extended pits, 60 AI cars in slower classes (235i Cup, TT Cup, Cayman GT4 Clubsport, Toyota Altis, Toyota GT86, Z4, Seat Lean TCR, ...) and just having fun lapping slower cars while trying to go as quick as possible. Sometimes a bit frustrating due to the behavior of the AI but mostly real fun

There are a few combos that really gets me smiling...

The HistoriX Jaguar MkII (rF1) at Knockhill (Knockhill is always fun the fun is made significantly larger by the raw weight, power and wayward handling that the Jag offers.

HSO's BTCC 1996 Super Touring mod (rF1) around Knockhill or Oulton Park is immense fun, the mod is excellent and the nostalgia, it being the series I watched as a child, makes it an un-beatable combo in many regards.

The WSC70 (rF1) Healey Repco XR37 and trying to handle that beast around Targa Florio always brings a smile to my face for some reason, I suppose I'm a massochist... :whistling:

HSO's excellent USAC 1973+74 and CART 1988 mods (rF1) around any of the tracks the series ran around is a good bit of fun. The biggest challange is the CART 1988 cars around Burke Lakefront Airport though, 750-odd BHP around a bumpy airport track, what a "hoot" to quote a friend of mine :roflmao:

Final combo would be the Touring Car Legends/Touring Car Masters cars around Adelaide International Raceway (not the street course) or Bathurst or Wellington, always a great bit of fun, no matter how many times I've driven them over and over again :inlove:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.