RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

EU GT4 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 01 May 2019

GT4.WATKINS GLEN.png

America here we come! we will be racing on the iconic track "Watkins Glen" Watkins Glen is the spiritual home of road racing in the USA, with crowds flocking to see top-level racing since the 1940s.

ADVANCED - INTERMEDIATE - BEGINNER - EVERYBODY IS VERY WELCOME TO JOIN

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on your forum profile (click here).

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Incident Reporting: click here

Racing Club Rules: click here


Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU PRACTICE GT4 #04
Race Server: Racedepartment.com EU RACE GT4 #05

Cars - See second page for Bop settings
Track: Watkins Glen International 1.0 Download
Layout: Watkins Glen Short Classic
Track Temps: 26c
Track Condition: Clear

Schedule (EU):
Wed 01 May 2019
Official practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:40 UTC (20 minutes)
Break: 20:00 UTC (3 minutes)
Race 2: 20:03 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List :
  1. Medilloni - G55
  2. Faceplant - Cayman
  3. Craig Dunkley - Host - G55
  4. Miguel Batista - Cayman
  5. Lee Maunder - Cayman
  6. hape - MC
  7. pattikins - G55 (RHD)
  8. JoelK - G55
  9. Hugo Hekkenberg - Cayman
  10. Kek700 - Cayman
  11. manu68 - TBD
  12. KKJUN - G55
  13. Raresch - Cayman
  14. Fatalist88 - G55 (RHD)
  15. Björn Johansson - G55
  16. Juan Viloria - Cayman
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
MC 01 Cayman 07 G55 05 G55 02 (RHD)

For your pleasure I have added another car, but with heavy Bop settings, the balance of the car is still fine. The settings may need fine tuning as time goes on? I have also removed the Lotus 2-eleven which sadly was very underpowered. See page two for Bop settings.

UTP# 02 -CD
 
Last edited:
GT4 BoP:
----------------------------------------------------------Bop-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Event:
Wednesday 01 April 2019
Cars:
Track: Mosport (CTMP) 0.8 Download
Track Layout: N/A
Track Temps: 24c
Race length: 50 mins
Track Conditions: Clear
 
Last edited:
Welcome m8 ..what wheel and pedals did you buy? :thumbsup:
It was the 2nd hand kit from Josh Martin in the RD market place thread Craig, wheel is TS-PC and pedals are T3PA Pro. In the couple of hours I had to set it up, the wheel is gobsmacking so far - with the old G920 it was so hard to catch a slide, with this it's instant.:inlove:

The pedals are OK-ish, but was surprised the brake pedal is naff compared to the G920 with GTEye (and a bit of sponge) mod. No faith in the pedal (yet) was the reason I started at the back so I could get used to it.

Will try and make something to give it a progressive feel..... now where's 'me rubbers:geek: :whistling:
 
It was the 2nd hand kit from Josh Martin in the RD market place thread Craig, wheel is TS-PC and pedals are T3PA Pro. In the couple of hours I had to set it up, the wheel is gobsmacking so far - with the old G920 it was so hard to catch a slide, with this it's instant.:inlove:

The pedals are OK-ish, but was surprised the brake pedal is naff compared to the G920 with GTEye (and a bit of sponge) mod. No faith in the pedal (yet) was the reason I started at the back so I could get used to it.

Will try and make something to give it a progressive feel..... now where's 'me rubbers:geek: :whistling:

Interesting ..I was thinking about buying the TS-PC myself, although I am very fussy, I would hate to have one with a scratch on it ...superb price though :thumbsup:
 
M in the cayman too please. Regarding the TS-PC I have one too and can't say enough good things about it. Although to be fair, I had a T300 before and the difference is not that big.
Regarding the T3PA pro pedals, the conical brake mod and a custom brake pedal curve are a must. Normally I give about 70% of brake pedal range until I hit the rubber and then use the pressure to modulate the remaining 30%.
 
M in the cayman too please. Regarding the TS-PC I have one too and can't say enough good things about it. Although to be fair, I had a T300 before and the difference is not that big.
Regarding the T3PA pro pedals, the conical brake mod and a custom brake pedal curve are a must. Normally I give about 70% of brake pedal range until I hit the rubber and then use the pressure to modulate the remaining 30%.

I am using the TX300 (same as T300) and was thinking about the TS-PC. It is a hard choice because of my disability I doubt I will ever get any quicker..but I still like nice things and racing is not all about winning.

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
 
I am using the TX300 (same as T300) and was thinking about the TS-PC. It is a hard choice because of my disability I doubt I will ever get any quicker..but I still like nice things and racing is not all about winning.

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
Well, it is more powerful than the tx so quicker to spin but in terms of what you feel, it is about the same only more intense. It is the power of a t500 with the smoothness of the t300 really. A good wheel. The pedals are pretty meh though. The lack of a loadcell is a problem imho.
 
Cayman for me please @Craig Dunkley. Thanks for arranging these races, really been enjoying them. Could not get my setup right at Spa, anyone got any ideas on making the Porsche more stable? Not too familiar with Watkins Glen either so need to practice
 
Cayman for me please @Craig Dunkley. Thanks for arranging these races, really been enjoying them. Could not get my setup right at Spa, anyone got any ideas on making the Porsche more stable? Not too familiar with Watkins Glen either so need to practice

You are welcome ..The layout we are using at Watkins is fairly simple, you will have no problems in learning it....welcome aboard :thumbsup:
 
Well, it is more powerful than the tx so quicker to spin but in terms of what you feel, it is about the same only more intense. It is the power of a t500 with the smoothness of the t300 really. A good wheel. The pedals are pretty meh though. The lack of a loadcell is a problem imho.
Found an answer to the 'meh' brake pedal Miguel, cost is £1.50.
Top dog pedal mod.jpg

I kid you not:thumbsup: Yesterday I cut one our dog's balls up (don't worry, he's OK:whistling:) to fit the width of the brake bracket behind the pedal. Cut each side where the holes are so it fits perfectly behind the pedal, and keep the bits you cut off. Pushed down behind the pedal it gives good feel, though I inserted one of the cut off bits for extra resistance, you might like more, or maybe a bit of foam rubber - the result is fantastic, exactly what I'd expect from the official mod. This dog ball has a bell inside, leave it in if you like music with your braking:p:roflmao:

Sorry for the off topic Craig!
 
Cayman for me please @Craig Dunkley. Thanks for arranging these races, really been enjoying them. Could not get my setup right at Spa, anyone got any ideas on making the Porsche more stable? Not too familiar with Watkins Glen either so need to practice
Hiya Lee, try http://thesetupmarket.com , I get most ideas from here though I find going through 10 to get a good one to build on. Hope that helps.

Forgot to say, the website is unbelievably slow, but it does work.
 
Found an answer to the 'meh' brake pedal Miguel, cost is £1.50. View attachment 303175
I kid you not:thumbsup: Yesterday I cut one our dog's balls up (don't worry, he's OK:whistling:) to fit the width of the brake bracket behind the pedal. Cut each side where the holes are so it fits perfectly behind the pedal, and keep the bits you cut off. Pushed down behind the pedal it gives good feel, though I inserted one of the cut off bits for extra resistance, you might like more, or maybe a bit of foam rubber - the result is fantastic, exactly what I'd expect from the official mod. This dog ball has a bell inside, leave it in if you like music with your braking:p:roflmao:

Sorry for the off topic Craig!
I use the conical brake mod and a custom brake curve and it still is meh compared to a loadcell. It offers some pressure modulation but it is not the same.
 
Top