AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 14th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ah right, I found this video the night before the Monxa race Dmitry, I didn't know what the WR is - If memory serves, he does say that he could have pushed the setup into the 1 min 47's. And people were doing his times on the practice server.

Plus you know if I am at 1 min 51 seconds and he is at 1 min 48 seconds for me it is still a massive improvement to aim for. I can't pretend to think about WR times when I can't even drive or feel the car basically - and to dare to compare to your levels would be just arrogant on my part.

That said tt is pretty desperate stuff when you are trying to just survive a first race in this kind of field with what you have in your kit bag, while time is running out to the starting flag, so you try to learn from anything and anywhere. Besides this was all I had that day - and I did not know anyone here and I don't want to disturb people, so it was the best information at the time. I was able to use his setup to go faster - it gave me an anchor.

On the physics side - that is super interesting: AC is such a massive sim, just fantastic ...
I understand. The only reason I'm pointing out to WR is that it is absolutely possible to run 1.5s off times driving the car wrong. I am a good example. Yesterday, I tried that WR set and after fighting with that stupid bus of a car for 30 minutes or so I was able to do mid-48 times, but I am 100% sure I was not doing it correctly because I'm used to driving MR cars and really struggle with FR ones. So, you better learn from the best of the best :)

Just to put this into relation:

This was my first race at Monza (my 8th race I think overall). A lot easier than a GT3 :p

Since then I races about 5x at Monza in different cars. And still my best lap with the Ferrari was only a low 1:49...

It takes time to build speed. A lot of time. Look at it like learning an instrument. You don't just grab a guitar and play song! :barefoot:
These round little cuties could stand for a good 9-ball game at Monza T1 on public serves. Disappointed by your video, nobody tried hard enough to send it there :D

Should we derail it further or start a PM? :roflmao:
The guide is in my downloads:

It's a bit old and after editing for the thousands time, I stopped..
Some phrases here, some new screenshots there.. I'm still looking for the same profiler screenshot in English, if you could be bothered :p
And I should put in some Content Manager screenshots too I guess... (Sadly can't, don't have the G27 anymore).

What the LUTs do in short:
g27_ac_howffbwouldalternated-jpg.185553

The idea comes from project cars 1 where you had 2 settings:
- deadzone removal (basically like min force)
- deadzone removal falloff (cutting off the ffb smoothly at the very center)
My pleasure mate:

1613438868851.png

Also let me know what content manager screenshots you need - I will send you my G25 ones

Last edited:
If you find that LUT thing too complicated and overwhelming you can use the old trick of setting overall effects strength to 107% in the Logitech profiler which will remove center FFB deadzone for all games. Or leave it at 100% and set minimum force in AC FFB settings to (I believe) 12%. This will be already a huge improvement from the default settings. But LUT is even better as it makes everything as linear as possible with G27 (or any other wheel that doesn't have perfectly linear FFB)

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we'll be out in the Austrian hills -- come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

If you find that LUT thing too complicated and overwhelming you can use the old trick of setting overall effects strength to 107% in the Logitech profiler which will remove center FFB deadzone for all games. Or leave it at 100% and set minimum force in AC FFB settings to (I believe) 12%. This will be already a huge improvement from the default settings. But LUT is even better as it makes everything as linear as possible with G27 (or any other wheel that doesn't have perfectly linear FFB)
Cheers Dmitry - I am trying to set up the LUT right now - but before that I am also setting up the telemetry - I tried the 900 degree wheel thing and the car drives MUCH better at VIR : no more understeer at the usual places and it reacts fast to where I want it to go ... it's my birthday today and these are wonderful presents to have which took years for you guys to learn. I really appreciate them.

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we'll be out in the Austrian hills -- come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

Somehow I first read it as "Australian hills" and got super-excited for Bathurst to come up, but then realized how wrong I was. Sad

Cheers Dmitry - I am trying to set up the LUT right now - but before that I am also setting up the telemetry - I tried the 900 degree wheel thing and the car drives MUCH better at VIR : no more understeer at the usual places and it reacts fast to where I want it to go ... it's my birthday today and these are wonderful presents to have which took years for you guys to learn. I really appreciate them.
Happy birthday, mate!
1613439863720.png

But LUT is even better as it makes everything as linear as possible with G27 (or any other wheel that doesn't have perfectly linear FFB)
Not my luts! And this "linearity" thing is flawed as heck!

I read through ALL posts from the Lut generator author and somewhere he states that he never had a Logitech wheel!
Also I'm still waiting for someone to prove to me that the "I throw the wheel with a little push and measure how far it rotates - friction coefficient is actually linear".
From my experience, the Logitech wheels have very little initial resistance when being turned slowly but when you really throw it, the resistance goes up.

So what wheelcheck is measuring the fricting coefficient over force-pulses.
Does it have anything to do with holding the wheel steady against a constant cornering force with your hands?
I doubt it...

I also tried all different wheel check, lut generator, hand crafted vodoo and it all felt completely awful.

I'm not saying that I'm completely right, for this I would need professional measuring tools that I don't have and a team to check my equations and logics but I'm an ongoing mechanical + electrical engineer and I've put about 200 hours into analysing all this stuff :barefoot:

My LUTs only shape the minimum force to get rid of the notchy feeling both the increased overall force in the profiler and the Assetto min force have.
After the first 16%, the FFB is completely default!

Sorry for the little rant/waffle. I'm easily triggered by all this. So many misconceptions on the internet about all this and nobody who knows the internals says anything about it.

I did a lot of testing with my hands, skid pad and some real life driver training and for me, LUT generator feels awful. And the author of it never had a Logitech wheel...

Not my luts! And this "linearity" thing is flawed as heck!

I read through ALL posts from the Lut generator author and somewhere he states that he never had a Logitech wheel!
Also I'm still waiting for someone to prove to me that the "I throw the wheel with a little push and measure how far it rotates - friction coefficient is actually linear".
From my experience, the Logitech wheels have very little initial resistance when being turned slowly but when you really throw it, the resistance goes up.

So what wheelcheck is measuring the fricting coefficient over force-pulses.
Does it have anything to do with holding the wheel steady against a constant cornering force with your hands?
I doubt it...

I also tried all different wheel check, lut generator, hand crafted vodoo and it all felt completely awful.

I'm not saying that I'm completely right, for this I would need professional measuring tools that I don't have and a team to check my equations and logics but I'm an ongoing mechanical + electrical engineer and I've put about 200 hours into analysing all this stuff :barefoot:

My LUTs only shape the minimum force to get rid of the notchy feeling both the increased overall force in the profiler and the Assetto min force have.
After the first 16%, the FFB is completely default!

Sorry for the little rant/waffle. I'm easily triggered by all this. So many misconceptions on the internet about all this and nobody who knows the internals says anything about it.

I did a lot of testing with my hands, skid pad and some real life driver training and for me, LUT generator feels awful. And the author of it never had a Logitech wheel...
After 200 hours and all that expertise you would be bound to feel a little indignant at the very least - entitlement comes with effort and benefit to others I would add.

Remember to let me know if you need more screenshots for your page ok?

Didn't read the birthday part.. Happy Birthday then! :)
Also let me know what content manager screenshots you need - I will send you my G25 ones
1613440044921.png

This one would be sweet :)
Would feel a bit stupid to upload this screenshot with big fat Fanatec in the steering box :whistling:

Since these are the settings that I would recommend anyway, here's the second part of the screenshot I'm going to upload. No brand in there so no need for you to screenshot it :)

Logitech_CM_FFB_Settings.JPG

And finally if you're using Custom Shaders Patch, I would recommend to use these FFB Tweaks:

FFB_Tweaks.JPG

There's a bug with CM though and I have no idea why:
After going on track and going back into CM, the selected LUT may reset to what was used before...
Or it will after you went on track, closed CM and launch CM again.

For me it worked to set everything up, then go on track via the default Assetto Launcher and then launch CM again.
It also might have something to do with this:
1613440542091.png

Sadly setting the ini to "read only" will cause a crash to desktop...

Last edited:

View attachment 445835

Would feel a bit stupid to upload this screenshot with big fat Fanatec in the steering box :whistling:

Since these are the settings that I would recommend anyway, here's the second part of the screenshot I'm going to upload. No brand in there so no need for you to screenshot it :)

View attachment 445836

And finally if you're using Custom Shaders Patch, I would recommend to use these FFB Tweaks:

View attachment 445837

After going on track and going back into CM, the selected LUT may reset to what was used before...

For me it worked to set everything up, then go on track via the default Assetto Launcher and then launch CM again.
View attachment 445838

Thank you very much - I had a great time :)

Here, I think this should be good :

1613440979839.png

View attachment 445835

View attachment 445836

View attachment 445837

View attachment 445838

Ok I will work through these instructions and report back when set - my god ... the sophistication of this simulator : Ackermann FFB :confused:

Last edited:
No everything is stock on the G25 - I will put in 1.55 then : cheers Rasmus!
I highly recommend this inexpensive upgrade for stock logitech pedals.
It was the best 30 bucks I spent back when I was using a G27 set. I put the stock brake spring to the clutch and stock clutch to the throttle to make them a bit stronger.

Gonna go to bed now. Report back when everything is set up! Curious about your reaction to the new driving experience haha.

You will have to turn about 2x as much as before though, don't wonder. But rest assured, you're simply steering like the real drivers do, instead of only having to turn 0.5x as much.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.