AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 14th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would try it as well mate - the G27 is a great wheel imo

I have 0.1.73-preview1 from Ilja's patreon which has the new wet physics options and love it.

I have the saturation set at 50% and filter set to SOL_extras and graphics options maxed out. It is like looking outside the window.
Yeah I'll stick to 0.1.71 as long as I can until I figure out how to keep the look of the reflectionsFX...

Look at these:
0.1.71:
0171_oldCockpitShader.jpg

0.1.72: same settings, just the new ReflectionsFX:

0172_newCockpitShader.jpg

The big issue is that the sunscreen at the top of the windscreen now flickers from shadows like trees etc. and I like how the bright focus is at the track in front of me with 0.1.71...

However the shadow and 1-face-reflecion-anti-stutter from the 72 update are very nice and I'd gain quite some CPU limited fps! But not worth the flickering shadows in my windscreen :(

Note: Without CSP at all, the windscreen behaves like with 0.1.71!

Rasmus, thanks for yourhelp. I also see that you checked the 'unlock experimental options'. What does that do?
And another questions: you didn't check the 'enhanced understeer effect'. What does that do and why don't you use it?
experimental options are just the Gyro, Damper Gain and Min Damper level.
Gyro: should be off when using the FFB Tweaks better gyro!
Damper Gain: I have it at 100%, that's default. With a Logitech wheel I would put it to 0% to be honest. The standing still rubber effect feels like sandpaper in the FFB motors. I hated it!

Min damper level: 0%!!! I know Aris from Kunos used 1% in some videos. That is NOT physics based or anything. It's just artificial friction. Only with the CSW wheels or DD wheels you want artificial friction. Not with a Thrustmaster or Logitech wheel!

These 3 settings can also be manually edited in the ini files so it's nothing special really. If you uncheck the unlock bock, it will be set to default I think.

Understeer:
When a real car understeers, you're losing maximum grip at the front tyres so the steering wheel becomes lighter. With a good wheel or a lot of time with a cheaper wheel, you will feel the subtle drop-off anyway, since it's physics based!
But when you're new to simracing or not feeling it with a certain car, I would activate it so you learn how it feels, when it will happen etc. It just boost the drop-off and the wheel becomes really light when you turn too much!

Feels pretty unrealistic though...

@RasmusP
late 1:49 at vir as promised - I was on for a 1:49.2 before I got the sweats and messed up the last bit - please when you have time let me know what you think.

Attachments

• vir_&_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_&_Jack Dyson_&_stint_31_hotlap.ld.txt
    755.1 KB · Views: 42
  • vir_&_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_&_Jack Dyson_&_stint_31_hotlap.ldx.txt
    625 bytes · Views: 42
Last edited:
Yeah I'll stick to 0.1.71 as long as I can until I figure out how to keep the look of the reflectionsFX...

Look at these:
0.1.71:
View attachment 446102

0.1.72: same settings, just the new ReflectionsFX:

View attachment 446103

The big issue is that the sunscreen at the top of the windscreen now flickers from shadows like trees etc. and I like how the bright focus is at the track in front of me with 0.1.71...

However the shadow and 1-face-reflecion-anti-stutter from the 72 update are very nice and I'd gain quite some CPU limited fps! But not worth the flickering shadows in my windscreen :(

Note: Without CSP at all, the windscreen behaves like with 0.1.71!
Right some sort of GPU mess then ... I had black sky with 0.1.63 ; what sort of system are you running ?

Damper Gain: I have it at 100%, that's default. With a Logitech wheel I would put it to 0% to be honest. The standing still rubber effect feels like sandpaper in the FFB motors. I hated it!

Min damper level: 0%!!! I know Aris from Kunos used 1% in some videos. That is NOT physics based or anything. It's just artificial friction. Only with the CSW wheels or DD wheels you want artificial friction. Not with a Thrustmaster or Logitech wheel!

These 3 settings can also be manually edited in the ini files so it's nothing special really. If you uncheck the unlock bock, it will be set to default I think.

Understeer:
When a real car understeers, you're losing maximum grip at the front tyres so the steering wheel becomes lighter. With a good wheel or a lot of time with a cheaper wheel, you will feel the subtle drop-off anyway, since it's physics based!
But when you're new to simracing or not feeling it with a certain car, I would activate it so you learn how it feels, when it will happen etc. It just boost the drop-off and the wheel becomes really light when you turn too much!

Rasmus,
I used your recommended LUT now and the steering feels heavier and more natural but there's also a strong vibration of the road effects. I even lowered the setting for road effects to zero but they're still too strong for my liking. Any ideas how to decrease that vibration?

Understeer:

If I can offer feedback on the understeer bit ; In T1 mid corner (at VIR) for example you can feel what Rasmus says quite strongly: It feels like this :
IMG-20210216-WA0003.jpg
on the G25

Last edited:
:ninja::unsure:
@RasmusP
late 1:49 at vir as promised - I was on for a 1:49.2 before I got the sweats and messed up the last bit - please when you have time let me know what you think.
Ermh... I never drove VIR in ac so if I don't get a faster lap from someone else to compare it, I would sadly need to ask you to record some laps at the red bull ring. That track I at least know inside out.
Sorry, miss communication there...
Right some sort of GPU mess then ... I had black sky with 0.1.63 ; what sort of system are you running ?
No no it's in the changelog! "new and more accurate interior reflections while being more efficient" or something along those lines.
It looks fine, I just don't like to have realistic shadows when passing a tree. It's annoying in real life too haha.
So default ac doesn't have this "feature" and csp only got it with 72.
Sadly I'd really like to get all the other things from the 72 changelog.
You can hover over the version in the Csp main tab and the changelogs will appear.
Rasmus,
I used your recommended LUT now and the steering feels heavier and more natural but there's also a strong vibration of the road effects. I even lowered the setting for road effects to zero but they're still too strong for my liking. Any ideas how to decrease that vibration?
What settings are you using the Logitech profiler?

It's the very first value in the LUT file. 0.0
It's just "ffb noise". The game doesn't output anything but you can set the lut to output.. Something..

It's like when putting the volume knob on your radio to maximum without playing music.
I use this to fill in the very last bit of dead zone.
But if you don't use 900° or use more than 100% overall gain in the profiler, it will be too much.

So either your settings are a bit off, your g27 has a bit more gain than my g27 had or you just don't like my level of ffb filling noise and you should edit the lut via text editor (notepad++ is awesome if you don't have it yet) and just lower the very first line (right side value) about 20%.

Ermh... I never drove VIR in ac so if I don't get a faster lap from someone else to compare it, I would sadly need to ask you to record some laps at the red bull ring. That track I at least know inside out.

No no it's in the changelog! "new and more accurate interior reflections while being more efficient" or something along those lines.
It looks fine, I just don't like to have realistic shadows when passing a tree. It's annoying in real life too haha.
You can hover over the version in the Csp main tab and the changelogs will appear.

It's just "ffb noise". The game doesn't output anything but you can set the lut to output.. Something..

It's like when putting the volume knob on your radio to maximum without playing music.
But if you don't use 900° or use more than 100% overall gain in the profiler, it will be too much.

So either your settings are a bit off, your g27 has a bit more gain than my g27 had or you just don't like my level of ffb filling noise and you should edit the lut via text editor (notepad++ is awesome if you don't have it yet) and just lower the very first line (right side value) about 20%.

:confused: :roflmao: I thought you were in the race ... seriously: understood - changing track RedBull Ring - 1:49.2 was not far from the fastest Nissan so RiP VIR (for now). My thanks to you Rasmus, Chris, Han, Dmitry, Ernie and every person for all this learning today.

I just had a thought about Han's issue : has he set the FFB strength to 50% like you recommend ?

Shadows: ahhhh ok, you know I hate shadows too - the contrast flicker really irritates, and I just noticed that 0.1.73-preview has them too ! However the rain is fantastic so I'll take it :p

Ok time to eat - check you guys later :)

Last edited:
Did you try to activate Windscreen FX in CSP. It has "Remove dirt completely" setting (which I like very much) and I believe it also removes the windscreen shadows (maybe not from the sunscreen visor though).
I am personally using 0.1.44 version as any newer ones I tried were more GPU demanding and often dropped frame rates below 90, especially in traffic. I could probably compensate for that by lowering SteamVR resolution down from 210%, but that makes an already blurry mess even more blurrier

Shadows: ahhhh ok, you know I hate shadows too - the contrast flicker really irritates, and I just noticed that 0.1.73-preview has them too ! However the rain is fantastic so I'll take it :p
Hehe I like static shadows that don't crawl, flicker, change with lod or catch your attention at any point.
Just be a steady reference point and make things pretty please :D

Rain: I'm practicing about 30-60 minutes throughout the week for the race on one day. Then do the race.. If I want some rain and stuff, I must load up acc :p

Last edited:
Did you try to activate Windscreen FX in CSP. It has "Remove dirt completely" setting (which I like very much) and I believe it also removes the windscreen shadows (maybe not from the sunscreen visor though).
I am personally using 0.1.44 version as any newer ones I tried were more GPU demanding and often dropped frame rates below 90, especially in traffic. I could probably compensate for that by lowering SteamVR resolution down from 210%, but that makes an already blurry mess even more blurrier
Gonna try that! Also the look on the roll cage in the left of my Screenshot looks dull with the new version!
So it's not just windscreen shadows...
But if it gets rid of the flickering shadows (that are actually there but I'd like to keep them where they were before the update haha, I might be sold for the 72 update, giving me about 30 fps in the cpu limit!

My setting in the Profiler in Dutch but you know what it stands for:
1613512329319.png

:confused: :roflmao: I thought you were in the race ... seriously: understood - changing track RedBull Ring - 1:49.2 was not far from the fastest Nissan so RiP VIR (for now). My thanks to you Rasmus, Chris, Han, Dmitry, Ernie and every person for all this learning today.

I just had a thought about Han's issue : has he set the FFB strength to 50% like you recommend ?

Ok time to eat - check you guys later :)
Yes I even lowered it now to 40 but I will do Rasmus his adjustment in the file and put the gain back to 50.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%