AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 29th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 29th of August we're off to Spa Francorchamps in Belguim, for some GT3 racing action and you are invited to join!!

flyer nords.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Don't know the track? We run a practice server all week and also an mx-5/cup car multiclass on wednesday so you can learn the track.

SpaF1-07.f8790385e69917207b1a12e00b639228.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars: DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Spa, Belguim
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 60 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Really looking forward to this one with the GT-R. On LeMans it was a real pleasure to drive. I hope I can take EauRouge/Raidillon flat out with it.

I'm in, trying the Z4 again.

I think I'll try a different car this time, but it depends on if I can be arsed to practice between now and Sunday. :)

Welcome gents! I'm leaning towards the 488 for this. Will decide Friday or Saturday when I get a few laps in. I do like a front engined car around here :coffee:

I was playing with a friend last night, and he asked about what FOV he used. I sent him a FOV tool to try. Then I realised I'm using a FOV that's no good. I adjusted it for a while and finally found one that is better. I did a lot of practice in the Skoda, and then jumped in the AMG for a spin, and my god. Not only did I do my best GT3 lap so far, but the car felt lightning quick. I put that sense of speed to the FOV, but also the car felt really good. I only did 3 laps, probably could have gone faster with more laps, and less fuel. Crazy how the right setup (wheel settings, FFB, FOV, car setup, etc.) can really change everything.

I was playing with a friend last night, and he asked about what FOV he used. I sent him a FOV tool to try. Then I realised I'm using a FOV that's no good. I adjusted it for a while and finally found one that is better. I did a lot of practice in the Skoda, and then jumped in the AMG for a spin, and my god. Not only did I do my best GT3 lap so far, but the car felt lightning quick. I put that sense of speed to the FOV, but also the car felt really good. I only did 3 laps, probably could have gone faster with more laps, and less fuel. Crazy how the right setup (wheel settings, FFB, FOV, car setup, etc.) can really change everything.
Do you have a single screen and what FOV do you use now?

Do you have a single screen and what FOV do you use now?
I use a 43" (109cm) 4K TV. I was using 61, then 26.5 (recommended) but too difficult. I'm now using 34 and I think it's the sweet spot, at least for now. I only did 3 laps. It could be all the practice, but it seems to help. The car just felt faster, but also it must have been something else, because .. it just worked. I haven't tried other GT3 cars yet, but yeah. I don't want to alarm anyone, it's not like I've gone full alien. I beat my best lap time in GT3 car around Spa, but that's not saying much. :p

Dang, would love to join, specially now as my new CSL DD just arrived yesterday.
But I am on a short city trip to Chicago over the weekend and next week.
Hope I can make it to the next one!
Lucky you. I'd be interested to here your review of the DD. Have you gone for the 8Nm? How are you mounting it. What did you have before and how does to compare?

My hand is hovering over the buy button at the moment so you might just tip me over the edge.

Due to space I'm going to have to mount it to a desk but various reviews I've seen say this is OK if the desk is sturdy.

Last edited:
Lucky you. I'd be interested to here your review of the DD. Have you gone for the 8Nm? How are you mounting it. What did you have before and how does to compare?

My hand is hovering over the buy button at the moment so you might just tip me over the edge.

Due to space I'm going to have to mount it to a desk but various reviews I've seen say this is OK if the desk is sturdy.
My previous wheel was the CSL Elite. I got in the first round of pre-orders and got the 8 Nm version.
For mounting I am using the Clubsport table clamp V2. That way the wheel is mounted straight in a 90° angle to the table.
If you are used to having a slight angle in the wheel base like the CSL Elite, you might have to find a diy solution. Dont know about the CSL DD table clamp thou. I just adjusted my seating position and lowered my seat, works well so far. It is mounted to the cheapest IKEA desk you can find. It is quite bowed already, but the Clubsport clamp still makes it rock solid.
Only issue, in my current "office setup" my wife´s desk and mine are connected, so she get the FFB as well :D

Right out of the box, I was able to match my pace at Laguna Seca in the Z4, which I definitly needed longer to match when I switched my pedals. Guess thats a good sign.

From what I can tell after some testing and playing around, it is not a "totally" different feeling then my CLS Elite, but it is so much more detail, of the road, curbs and the tires itself. the 8 Nm although I dialed it down to about 65% really has a nice bite. Way better then the belt driven Elite version. You just dont feel pulling agains a rubber belt, but actual a somewhat mechanical force. I didnt experiance clipping ion my Elite, but sometimes the FFB made quite some jumps and had spikes going around some sections of certain tracks. Now I am feeling the CSL DD is more responsive but does not spike as much, still giving you the precise input. I am talking about the bump in the down hill right hander at Road Atlanta.

I just needed to dial in my pedals again in the new Fanatec software and was ready to go. Only issue I got so far, although the LED test for the wheel (Fanatec F1 esports) is succesfull in the tuning software, they do not work in AC anymore. Havnt tried it on other games yet.

I would say if you are coming from a Logitech or older Thrustmaster wheel and have the spare money its a no brainer if you want to switch to the Fanatec eco system. If you have the CSL Elite, its still a good choice imo. Everythin above that, you might want to wait until Fanatec releases the Clubsport DD which will definitly come some time in the future.

Its just my humble opinion so far.

Edit: I just saw that the CSL DD table clamp has a 15° angle, just need to buy it seperatly if you want to use it.

Last edited:
My previous wheel was the CSL Elite. I got in the first round of pre-orders and got the 8 Nm version.
For mounting I am using the Clubsport table clamp V2. That way the wheel is mounted straight in a 90° angle to the table.
If you are used to having a slight angle in the wheel base like the CSL Elite, you might have to find a diy solution. Dont know about the CSL DD table clamp thou. I just adjusted my seating position and lowered my seat, works well so far. It is mounted to the cheapest IKEA desk you can find. It is quite bowed already, but the Clubsport clamp still makes it rock solid.
Only issue, in my current "office setup" my wife´s desk and mine are connected, so she get the FFB as well :D

Right out of the box, I was able to match my pace at Laguna Seca in the Z4, which I definitly needed longer to match when I switched my pedals. Guess thats a good sign.

From what I can tell after some testing and playing around, it is not a "totally" different feeling then my CLS Elite, but it is so much more detail, of the road, curbs and the tires itself. the 8 Nm although I dialed it down to about 65% really has a nice bite. Way better then the belt driven Elite version. You just dont feel pulling agains a rubber belt, but actual a somewhat mechanical force. I didnt experiance clipping ion my Elite, but sometimes the FFB made quite some jumps and had spikes going around some sections of certain tracks. Now I am feeling the CSL DD is more responsive but does not spike as much, still giving you the precise input. I am talking about the bump in the down hill right hander at Road Atlanta.

I just needed to dial in my pedals again in the new Fanatec software and was ready to go. Only issue I got so far, although the LED test for the wheel (Fanatec F1 esports) is succesfull in the tuning software, they do not work in AC anymore. Havnt tried it on other games yet.

I would say if you are coming from a Logitech or older Thrustmaster wheel and have the spare money its a no brainer if you want to switch to the Fanatec eco system. If you have the CSL Elite, its still a good choice imo. Everythin above that, you might want to wait until Fanatec releases the Clubsport DD which will definitly come some time in the future.

Its just my humble opinion so far.
Cheers for the review. I'd get the DD table clamp and a McLaren GT3 V2 wheel. I've already got the CSL elite pedals and load cell so have started down the Fanatec route.

I have a very old Logitec gear driven wheel so this would be a big upgrade. Its not available until Nov 23 so three months to wait if I order it :(

Switched up to the Ferrari from the Lambo. Jumped in a race at Spa with the Ferrari and I just felt it properly on this track. Then I went for a practice run with the Huracan in AC and just couldn't match the performance. Did 3 laps with the prancing horse and knocked of almost 3 seconds in 3 laps...

It has so much more stability and allows you to take certain corners with the throttle on without sliding and it allows you to adjust mid corner a lot easier by playing with the throttle and brake.

Switched up to the Ferrari from the Lambo. Jumped in a race at Spa with the Ferrari and I just felt it properly on this track. Then I went for a practice run with the Huracan in AC and just couldn't match the performance. Did 3 laps with the prancing horse and knocked of almost 3 seconds in 3 laps...

It has so much more stability and allows you to take certain corners with the throttle on without sliding and it allows you to adjust mid corner a lot easier by playing with the throttle and brake.
It takes quite some time to find the car that suits us best. Imagine in real life? I'd hate to drop $300k on a car only to find it doesn't suit me as well as another one haha.. :confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back