AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 29th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really looking forward to this one with the GT-R. On LeMans it was a real pleasure to drive. I hope I can take EauRouge/Raidillon flat out with it.
I will be very interested in that, I have at Eau Rouge only once managed it flat legally, so I know it is possible, I have done loads with setups with just the single aim of doing it, no go.
I think it asks more skill from me than I have available, so it will be interesting to see if you can do it.
just to let you know, I just 100% concentrated on the single task of taking it flat out, and as I said at the start only just managed it once.

illegality I have no problem.:D:D

I will be very interested in that, I have at Eau Rouge only once managed it flat legally, so I know it is possible, I have done loads with setups with just the single aim of doing it, no go.
I think it asks more skill from me than I have available, so it will be interesting to see if you can do it.
just to let you know, I just 100% concentrated on the single task of taking it flat out, and as I said at the start only just managed it once.

illegality I have no problem.:D:D
Here's how to do it flat :)

Nope, i can not do it flat out, copied his setup, still down by 3KPH at the end of the straight, which must only be a skill thing.
It needs a warning sign at the Eau Rouge entry,

[ old gits do not attempt ]

old boy.jpg

:D :D :D

Nope, i can not do it flat out, copied his setup, still down by 3KPH at the end of the straight, which must only be a skill thing.
It needs a warning sign at the Eau Rouge entry,

[ old gits do not attempt ]

View attachment 498878

:D :D :D
It's not just skill, the guy is driving with a gamepad, so he does not suffer from curb hits that affect your steering input if you're using a wheel with FFB

It's not just skill, the guy is driving with a gamepad, so he does not suffer from curb hits that affect your steering input if you're using a wheel with FFB

I would like to say that it is out of curiosity, but it has been my aim for the past two years, especially when Spa comes around..

it is very interesting what you say to that Dimetri, I know that the steering FFB is as you say is putting up a lot of protesting, to the point we’re it dominates that corner and you really have to turn it hard into the corner. So I can imagine when you have just the visual picture and no protesting FFB, so you are quite divorced from the steering effects.

I do usually lift to turn it in, I am also not sure that it is that important in a race, it just niggles me.
Because on the odd occasions I have to give some small time up, and can become a victim to those cars that can flat chat it.
Then use me to tow them up to the next corner.

From my point of view it is virtually impossible for me to turn, the car just does not want to turn, then there is the problem that if I use the curb to the right I am at serious risk of loosing the car
or it destabilise the car with the lose of time that creates..

I have spent some time finding a setup that makes this do able, and failed, but there are the odd occasion when I can , but it is always a very close call to being illegal.
most of the time it adds up to an illegal corner

I did try the GT-R setup from that video. It was pretty bad and sent the car flying if you hit a curb slightly wrong.

thought it was just me it happened too.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
I have spent some time finding a setup that makes this do able, and failed, but there are the odd occasion when I can , but it is always a very close call to being illegal.
most of the time it adds up to an illegal corner

I did try the GT-R setup from that video. It was pretty bad and sent the car flying if you hit a curb slightly wrong.

thought it was just me it happened too.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Just pick the Lambo for Spa. Godzilla is too difficult here because of this particular corner while the Lambo does it flat easy-peasy

Found out how to take Eau Rouge flat out, so I am now going to concentrate on mid engined cars in an attempt to try and do 60min without coming off, some hope of that.
As far as I can remember I have never achieved a race with a mid engined car and not experienced that “instant” going into the red tyre, usually because I edge faster than normal into a corner or marginally over do something followed by the inevitable slow spin,

accompanied with half a dozen **** it’s.

The question is, does anyone need to know that.

PS
Thank-you everyone for your help
only taken me two years to sort that
Problem.

Last edited:
Found out how to take Eau Rouge flat out, so I am now going to concentrate on mid engined cars in an attempt to try and do 60min without coming off, some hope of that.
As far as I can remember I have never achieved a race with a mid engined car and not experienced that “instant” going into the red tyre, usually because I edge faster than normal into a corner or marginally over do something followed by the inevitable slow spin,

accompanied with half a dozen **** it’s.

The question is, does anyone need to know that.

We're always here to listen ernie :roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Forum trophies