AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 29th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In that video of the real car, *he does lift, but he does it at the top of the hill, where I usually do a slight lift nearer the bottom. I've done it flat out before, but fellas, during the race that penalty won't be there. If you get it right keep going, if you get it wrong and go wide you'll lose time. If you have to bail and go straight through I suggest lifting to keep from spinning, and not taking advantage of the cut.

*Watching it again, this could be the effect of the g-forces experienced by the driver, and not intentional.

Last edited:
Does anybody use MoTeC, and keep their telemetry? I'm wondering if somebody would be willing to share with me. My best time is a 2:20.460 with race fuel. I'd like to compare my telemetry with someone to see where I am losing time. Thanks.

Does anybody use MoTeC, and keep their telemetry? I'm wondering if somebody would be willing to share with me. My best time is a 2:20.460 with race fuel. I'd like to compare my telemetry with someone to see where I am losing time. Thanks.
what car do you drive?

Unfortunately the comparison tool isn't as good as the one in F1 challenge - or I just haven't figured out how to set up all the graphs and such. Anyhoo..

@Goblin616
Frank
I have a MoTeC trace with the Mercedes AMG, if you want it I will post it here, just say.
It is for a lap time of 2-17-0.8, have been quicker, but it is so difficult with this car.
It is hard getting through Eau Rouge and from there on string one whole fastest lap in without a cock-up.:)
If it is not quick enough for you, I am only an old git, you could try and get one of our resident Aliens to get a trace for you.
Good luck with that.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
I don't wanna be rude, but if you're doing 2:20's, you can gain in every single braking zone, corner and acceleration zone. It's not really worth looking at data when you're 3 seconds off. Data is more useful when you're looking to gain the last 3-4 tenths.

I don't wanna be rude, but if you're doing 2:20's, you can gain in every single braking zone, corner and acceleration zone.
When you are still doing 2:23/2:25

1630189719897.png

@Goblin616
Frank
I have a MoTeC trace with the Mercedes AMG, if you want it I will post it here, just say.
It is for a lap time of 2-17-0.8, have been quicker, but it is so difficult with this car.
It is hard getting through Eau Rouge and from there on string one whole fastest lap in without a cock-up.:)
If it is not quick enough for you, I am only an old git, you could try and get one of our resident Aliens to get a trace for you.
Good luck with that.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Yeah I can look at it.

I don't wanna be rude, but if you're doing 2:20's, you can gain in every single braking zone, corner and acceleration zone. It's not really worth looking at data when you're 3 seconds off. Data is more useful when you're looking to gain the last 3-4 tenths.
I'm sure that's true, but without seeing the data, I can't understand what I'm doing. I need to see someone else's trace to see what they're doing, and try to apply it to my own driving.

Frank, to become a faster driver you might try this:

Last edited:
It is not bad driving a 2 : 23 is a very respectable time, just because some are in the 2:15 does not draw a line that indicates anyone above that is bad.
It is just a gift that is given to some, no one earns it,
All on this forum that I am up against are very good drivers, some are quicker some are slower, all are good drivers.
There are many here that are now faster than me who were once slower but that is only the stop watch talking that does not take other skills that are required to be a good racing driver.

For those who are interested in vintage cars:

I haven't raced with you guys for a while but can we do something about whoever it was that kept shouting "bugger", "bugger me" and exclaiming loudly about goings on while we're all trying to race please. Thanks.

Anyway, I was going well until just after half way, then I found out why it was so calm and quiet in the car, I forgot to put crew chief on and then ran out of fuel!!! I was having a nice midfield battle with a few people :( I jumped to pits, continued racing to see if I could catch the back of the pack then got disqualified for not pitting! It seems jumping to the pits doesn't count.

This is what you get for being away and not racing at all for so long!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies