AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 7th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
48742566973_07720a8a1e_o.jpg

by Chris Down, link

We're at the much-requested Bathurst this week. A challenging and undulating circuit which really has something for everybody, this is a real classic with a lot of unique features.

Mount_Panorama_street_racing_circuit_in_Australia.svg.png

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 PRACTICE #12
  • Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 RACE #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:
Track: Bathurst (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory from 10-50 mins
Temps: Air 20C/Track 26C
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (Download here)

Free practice:
server will be available throughout the week.

Official practice: 20:00 BST/19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying GT3: 20:30 BST/19:30 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 20:50 BST/19:50 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry List - 36 Slots:

1. Chris Down - 650s (event host)
  2. Interslice - 488
  3. HF2000 - R8
  4. uvraver - R8
  5. nash112 - R8
  6. FischBoB - 488
  7. Raresch - R8
  8. GeekyDeaks - GT-R
  9. SOLO59 - Z4
  10. Luca Badin - R8
  11. Kek700 - 650s
  12. alpebo - GT-R
  13. Evgeniy Neytman - 650s
  14. 640er - GT-R
  15. Steve O'Malley - Z4
  16. Sean Devlin - 488
  17. Stefano La Commare - GT-R
  18. neesve - Z4
  19. marek2209 - R8
  20. GEO147 - 650s
  21. hape - R8
  22. BertramRaven - SCG
  23. Rex Hygate - 488
  24. erazerr7 - 488
  25. Sheashant L - 650s
  26. Aksu - GT-R
  27. karan733 - Z4
  28. stribbeck - 488
  29. Waffen - Z4
  30. jackyboi2708 - 488
  31. Ernest Raoult - Z4
  32. Norkin - GT-R
  33. Free slot
  34. Free slot
  35. Free slot
  36. Free slot
UTP#87

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Last time I practised this track I played ping pong between the barriers for most of the laps, sign me up please with the R8
Im in with the 488 Again :D
This will be nuts with 30+ people ... Sign me in, R8#29, of course
GT-R please Chris! I'm keen to see how it handles over skyline.... Did anyone catch the V8 virtual race here a few weeks back?

EDIT: https://uk.motorsport.tv/esports/video/round-3-mount-panorama/34312
Sign me up please! Car TBD

BATHURST! Jeeeeze lets get it!
Thanks for organising, Chris! I'm in with the R8.

For once, I'm glad the cars aren't real (and neither are the walls and the insurance bill).

Welcome everyone! You're all in. :inlove:

Silverstone, May 31st.

So far, every weekend, I come to the end of Qualifying and then quickly get my calculator and guesstimate how many laps and more importantly when to pit. (Please dont be like me). And last night, I noticed that my fuel tank can hold 60 mins for racing. At this point Ive got about 90 secs to decide and punch in the numbers. (Please dont be like me)

To say that I completely forget I had a full tank is an understatement.

And right on cue, my car couldn’t handle all that weight transfer and I went off 15 seconds into the race, P3 to P24. Happy days! From then on, it was a matter of trying to remember that I have a full tank and manage driving style but every now and then, you see a car ahead and everything goes out the window. So you push to the limit! Too much cornering speed or not enough traction for a heavy car, doesn’t matter, I ended up losing control 3 times during the race. These were not power slides, but significant time losing, Olympic Ice-skating silver medallist worthy spins. And I cannot even lie and say it was on purpose because there was no ice.

Anyway, charged up on barbecued flesh and a few refreshing beers, I enjoyed the racing bit of the 60 mins. Some of the guys I was with during the race, all top-notch lads. Everybody racing with gentlemen conduct. Jens Boli must have thought I’m having a picnic here, I pass you you pass me I pass you you pass me. Luca Badin racing strategically, lifting off to let me pass.

By this point I was P4, without a pitstop and 32 mins into the race. I started pushing to close the gap before my pitstop. 5 laps later I was wheel to wheel with Raresch Oprea. Clocking 40 mins now, I thought ill make the stop now so I can hopefully come out with some clear track but as we approached the pits, it became a tricky situation! Last second decision and I decided not to pit and do one more lap (Please don’t be like me). Tyres at past 50% used, my inlap was absolute rubbish and realising now I had about 20 mins left, I switched to Softs. And this made my pitstop about 3 hours long.

With the softs I was gain on the next group of guys ahead by 3-4 seconds a lap. After 50 mins of driving, I thought ill try to short shift early into the last double right hander corner and didn’t compromise on exit. Ended up doing a lovely 9.7 pointer Olympic spin (Please don’t be like me). Time to regroup again and push to the max for the remaining 10 mins. Go hard or Get broken suspensions? Thanks to John Plant for lifting off to let me through.

6 more laps of chasing Opera for the podium unfolds …. Oh wait.
Team Radio: “Its not for podium, Its for 6th place Limbu.” God dammit.

Here is my onboard, and more overdriving the car moments, chasing down Opera, what felt like fighting for the top Podium. Enjoy!

Great racing all round guys!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back