AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 7th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Love "The Mountain"! I've been to the big one (the 1000) four times!

However, I'm no hope of keeping it off the walls for a whole hour so I'll give it a miss this time

Also, I want to try RF2 GT3 @ Zandvoort instead (one race per weekend) - maybe I won't suck as bad :) :) :)

anyone ever have this?
every time I try this track it reminds me of playing it
definitely not. They were really scarce, they might not even existed in the late 90 and early 00 in Romania. I don't even know friends that might have had something like that :)) And before that, in the 80, they definitely weren't.

ohhhhh heard so much about this track and finally I'll race there. Pls sign me up, TBD for now

You didn't miss much :) It was a really poor alternative to scalextric. Because of the sides around the track it really required no skill in moderating the speed of the car, which meant everyone just went full throttle. When you tried to overtake, because the car briefly disconnected from one track as moved to the other, it slowed down preventing you from taking advantage of the main selling point of the whole thing!

Last edited:
You didn't miss much :) It was a really poor alternative to scalextric. Because of the sides around the track it really required no skill in moderating the speed of the car, which meant everyone just went full throttle. When you tried to overtake, because the car briefly disconnected from one track as moved to the other, it slowed down preventing you from taking advantage of the main selling point of the whole thing!
We didn't have Scalextric either back then :)) We didn't really import them, or I didn't have so wealthy friends :)

I do remember having myself some small trains where I could have made an oval and an infinity loop with the tracks provided, where I had to turn on the locomotive manually (it had a switch) to move the carriages. And some radio-controlled cars, one was a Porsche and the other something similar, but it had no brand (this is what I had, not all the available market :) ). Also, I've had lots of HoWheels or small cars like that.

But I've never known anyone with Scalextric or TCR.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.7%