Grid Girls Become Grid Kids for Formula One in 2018

I don´t think you get what this discussion is about. No one watches F1 for some nicely dressed girls. The point is the show aspect, it´s like banning cheerleaders from a football game. It´s just a feature of the show which everyone enjoys.
Objectivism of women and their body is no valid argument here, as after that logic you´d have to ban events like fashion shows etc. as well then.
Another clueless gamer.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...grid-girls-feature.144904/page-6#post-2680808
"Grid girls" - have - nothing - in - common - with - "cat walk girls". Ok, except that "girls" part. :D
...So how many kids are the FIA gonna offer free candy in the back of their van?
Oh sweet God... :alien::roflmao:
Well, let's hope none.

I've said this in another thread (before the grid kids were announced), but it bears repeating: Big companies generally don't care about political correctness or feminism or what have you - they care about the bottom line.

In this particular case, it's obvious they've looked at football's bottom line, which is bringing in a lot more money then F1 ever did, and copied one of their techniques. Forgoing the money that model companies pay for the sake of the advertising opportunities that having your brand associated with children brings in is simply an economically sound move.

giphy.gif

I've said this in another thread (before the grid kids were announced), but it bears repeating: Big companies generally don't care about political correctness or feminism or what have you - they care about the bottom line.

In this particular case, it's obvious they've looked at football's bottom line, which is bringing in a lot more money then F1 ever did, and copied one of their techniques. Forgoing the money that model companies pay for the sake of the advertising opportunities that having your brand associated with children brings in is simply an economically sound move.
Good point.

What the heck is the problem? Ive read many strange opinions now on this matter, i dont understand your problem.

Seems to be a controversial topic while it shouldnt be one.

Conspiracy people are going to like this #pedogate.
countering_criticism.jpg

Then what the hell do you call this?
https://twitter.com/WomenSportTrust/status/958700713051328513

Adding children was a late move decided after the fuss about the suppression of grid girls. It won't bring them any single more viewer.

The decision taken by Liberty Media/F1 group is driven by trends that are utterly annoying. There is hardly any woman with responsibilities at FIA, Liberty Media or F1 group, they race in countries where women are not equal to men - they could not care less about women rights, they just want to conform with standards dictated by a few vociferous groups.

Hummm, judging by the comments i thought the number of men that didn't like pretty women were just a few percentage, but i'm starting to think that i was wrong... :O_o:
Oh no they like them so much that they want to protect girls from the hiddeous concupiscence of their fellow males and even protect them from themselves.

Adding children was a late move decided after the fuss about the suppression of grid girls. It won't bring them any single more viewer.

They don't actually need to bring in more viewers, they just need to sell the time and space the grid girls used to occupy to somebody who brings in more money. It's about selling something to the audience. And although there is a very large amount of men that like pretty women, there isn't actually a lot of money to be made there. Singles don't spend much, and it's kinda self evident from the responses here that all the men are too busy looking at pretty girls to notice what they are actually trying to sell :p. Replace it with kids, and suddenly you're appealing to the side of parents who want to make their kids happy. Those people spend a lot of money. I would hazard a geuss here, and say that just about everyone at RD has spent more money on children then they have on photo models.

Another clueless gamer.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...grid-girls-feature.144904/page-6#post-2680808
"Grid girls" - have - nothing - in - common - with - "cat walk girls". Ok, except that "girls" part. :D

Oh sweet God... :alien::roflmao:
Well, let's hope none.
I never compared grid girls with catwalk girls, but with cheerleaders, if you'd read my message more carefully. The fashion show thing was to show how ridiculous the argument of objectivsim is. Double standard olé.

What they have not mentioned is that if you work with Under 18yr olds, you need to have now LEGALLY a DBS check, which is a basically a security check, I know as I used to run a football team that my lad played for.

So everybody, and I mean everybody, TV Crew, Teams, Mechanics, Drivers, you name it, anybody connected with the sport will need a DBS check LOL

EDIT - Oh, have they not read the rules also....anybody under the age of 16 has to be accompanied by an adult on the grid...Grids going to get a little busy HA HA HA So where is their Hero...buried in a sea of people

So, as you have edited in yourself, anyone under 16 have to be accompanied by an adult, and they will be accompanied by their immediate family, which in turn negates the need for the check, as the parents will be there (according to a British autosport-forum member), that will in that case negate that issue.

Nothing says "fighting for women's rights" like getting a whole bunch of them fired from their jobs.

I've said it before, but if a business goes bust (losing jobs), due to losing 4 days of business in a year. 4 days that can be contracted to whatever else. Than the business was on shaky ground regardless. The girls are usually contracted to an agency, there is nothing to keep those agencies to sell in to other places, maybe the teams themselves etc.

If it had been the same 20 girls on the grid for all FIA events throughout a season, and it was a total FIA-ban, I would've agreed. But that's actually not the case.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back