Grid Girls Become Grid Kids for Formula One in 2018

et puis les enfants ne sont pas payer, ça me rappelle "Roland Garros" avec les ramasseurs de balles, encore des emplois, alors en boxe ont fait quoi alors? et le rallye cross ect.......

• ronniej

From Bruce Jenner's, Justin Beiber's, Race car drivers looking like girls, Grid girls to grid kiddies........THE END IS NEAR!!

If removing grid girls signals some move in the right direction by society, then why are we still using female models in far more exploitative ways to advertise clothing, lingerie (because those ads are made for women, right?), music videos, and variety of other things that actually do make women look like whores or pursue unrealistic body standards? Why are all those other things completely unchecked, but removing grid girls is applauded as being some step in the right direction This is where society starts when moving to make things better?

Pretty sure the name made them more of a target than what they were actually doing. In today's climate, the term "Grid Girls" is just ripe for the virtue police.

Great idea. I must say I am awestruck with the speed and decisiveness of Liberty Media and Ross B, for making and implementing these changes so quickly. They are literally taking Bernie's hulking, ancient business model and grabbing it by the scruff of the neck.

I agree with Warren Schembri, child exploitation and "chock" as we say in the Canary Islands. (People closest to the motor world and organizers).
And all this for feminist ideology.
By that rule of three, there should be no women in the world of cinema and ...
How far will we go?
Fence stupid.
Translation from google, and I'm not a macho, equality for everyone, because these girls are out of work. What a great idea!

Last edited:
#bringbackgridgirls :inlove:

58647.jpg

Say "NO" to child labour! :D

I just don't understand what the FIA is hoping to gain from this. The people that were whining about sexism around F1 are obviously not motorsport fans, and getting rid of grid-girls won't change it. Those political fringe minority groups are stirring outrage just for the sake of outrage whenever they see anything that they don't like.

This is a sport where death-wish driven adrenalinę addicts dump millions into machines that have no utility other than going fast, just for the purpose of finding out who can go faster. There is no common ground between political correctness and motorsport, it just isn't compatible, and really I don't think it should be related to politics at all in general.

MotoGP, WSBK, IOM, MotoCross and Speedway seem to have no shortage of attractive young women who present well and even seem to enjoy themselves!
Aside from the attempt at Political Correctness (What a farce!) smelling of pandering to fringe lobby groups, how do these idiots expect to control their 'Millennial' kiddies?
Standing in one position holding a pole for more than a couple of nanoseconds will bore that lot completely.

If girls in skimpy outfits is what you need to enjoy motorspots, then you're not really a fan... Here's another clear case of people overreacting on something completely unimportant. There is so much going on on the grid before race start that I don't even notice the girls anymore. I don't even see the point of having anyone at all holding grid signs, especially with TV screen everywhere telling you who's where...

I feel some here are just not capable of understanding the underlying reasons for hostility towards the pc feminnasty idea's. We will soon live in a world of puritan morals and Islamic rules regarding women. No point in discussing this anymore. It's nothing to do with what they wear or how they flaunt it. It's about the right to do it. Not one F1 Grid girl has ever been forced to do anything they didn't want to do I suspect. They can say "no thanks".

Last edited:
I come from 2020 to tell you they removed the kids because some group of people in some social network found it offensive too, so they replaced the kids with ****ing rocks because they got no age and no gender, nothing to worry about. I gotta go to the future again, I got to be in a debate about the rocks against a group called "#OneNatureFreeTheRocksFromF1".

Oh and S397 teams up with Reiza Studios to create rFactor 2.5 which is great (The Reiza18 project was Automobilista Extreme+, which failed in so many levels). ISI is developing Mario Kart 10 for the SwitchMini.
:D please dont give them any ideas

If girls in skimpy outfits is what you need to enjoy motorspots, then you're not really a fan... Here's another clear case of people overreacting on something completely unimportant. There is so much going on on the grid before race start that I don't even notice the girls anymore. I don't even see the point of having anyone at all holding grid signs, especially with TV screen everywhere telling you who's where...

the-point-vs-your-trajectory-sm_orig.jpg

I don't care if they ban grid girls or not but coming up with grid kids like it's some f... solution to the problem that does not exist is just mind blowing. I already see when some kids getting pushed by accident and "old media" will write about how bad this driver injured poor kid...

...equality for everyone, because these girls are out of work. What a great idea!
Yeah right, as Ole said, they will lose whole 4 days of their "work" for a year, they must be starving now. Find another excuse for your
and I'm not a macho
non machoism. :geek:
The people that were whining about sexism around F1 are obviously not motorsport fans
On the contrary.
If girls in skimpy outfits is what you need to enjoy motorspots, then you're not really a fan...
Exactly.

Oh where are the all (a few actually) RD girls now, wish I could really hear their opinions. Ok one I know is sadly quite bad with english and other... has better things to do. Like actual racing. And posting countless videos of it on youtube. Hi Tracey. :giggle:

Yeah right, as Ole said, they will lose whole 4 days of their "work" for a year, they must be starving now. Find another excuse for your
non machoism. :geek:

On the contrary.

Exactly.

Oh where are the all (a few actually) RD girls now, wish I could really hear their opinions. Ok one I know is sadly quite bad with english and other... has better things to do. Like actual racing. And posting countless videos of it on youtube. Hi Tracey. :giggle:

Huh no response to the answer earlier on, I´ll take it.

I don´t think you are in the position to decide who´s in need for a job or not. If you´d actually dig into the topic you´d find lots of female opinions, even from those who are directly affected.

I think RD needs a "you´re missing the point" voting/ emote for this thread, I see lots of people trying to make a point where theres acutally none to prove. No one has ever claimed that F1 needs nicely looking girls in order to deliver good racing. Cmon guys :O_o:

I feel some here are just not capable of understanding the underlying reasons for hostility towards the pc feminnasty idea's. We will soon live in a world of puritan morals and Islamic rules regarding women. No point in discussing this anymore. It's nothing to do with what they wear or how they flaunt it. It's about the right to do it. Not one F1 Grid girl has ever been forced to do anything they didn't want to do I suspect. They can say "no thanks".

I think I understand your reasons for being hostile, I just don't agree with them.

:As you said, it's about the right to do it. The girls don't have a right to do it.

F1 has decided not to line up attractive women for the viewing pleasure of those who wish to look at them. F1 no longer wants them on its patch. They won't get a pitlane pass. They'll be turned away by security. They have no right to be there.

Don't know about RD, but here's a professional female racer, stating what some people seem to miss because they are so busy virtue signaling. Feminism is supposed to be about empowering women, and letting them make their own choices. But, no... when it comes to Grid Girls, we'll make that choice for them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back