Grid Girls Become Grid Kids for Formula One in 2018

I'm I the only one that doens't care? I watch F1, and I don't think the grid girls add anything, mostly annoying when they get the focus of the car and on them instead. But that said, I don't give a squat about the halo either so...

t70hv7.jpg

For me:
Grid Girls are fine.
As long as Grid Men and Grid Children are a thing. Grid people perhaps as naming any type of grid personnel by their gender/age puts pressure on that group to fill a certain role.

I think I understand your reasons for being hostile, I just don't agree with them.
I am not being hostile. You guys are. Hostile to the very idea of freedom of choice for all women.

:As you said, it's about the right to do it. The girls don't have a right to do it.
But they do have a right to turn up at an event and wear whatever they want to wear. Fine for female spectators but not the grid girls?
I really don't understand your reasons for being a "male" feminist. Sorry I just don't.

Last edited:
I really don't understand your reasons for being a feminist. Sorry I just don't.

If Ears is a male, then their reason for being a male "feminist" is most likely nefarious. Male "feminists" don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

Huh no response to the answer earlier on, I´ll take it.
Didn't find it really need my answer to it. Sorry for hurt your feelings.
Don't know why you people keep throwing this video into our faces, for me video is quite stupid and serves more to promote her title sponsor (hey, IT'S DENSO everybody!!! look at me!) than to serve as one honest female (wow, even racer!) opinion.

I mean... let's for a moment just imagine one ALL GIRL (yup F1 is strictly all guys racing club, in case you've forgot) racing series, then we pick ALL BOYS grid, shrinking their clothes year by year, bit by bit... then after we get used to their (mmm:inlove:) g-string only outfits we come here and say "c'mon they actually want it,
default_th_shrug.gif
we've never force anyone, they practically beg for it!"
. They are the ones to blame. They are the ones who'll lose their... lol "jobs".

You can always find some people, regardless their sex (there's a male and female prostitutes and strippers right?), who will go low for some amount of money but we shouldn't really encourage that kind of behavior. Especially in something as irrelevant to it as car racing is. It's not like they promote clothes, at least.
"but they look pretty next to it!"
avtorklif.gif
This is not '60 or '70 anymore people, sexual revolution and stuff... Woodstock was like a 40 years ago, you people need to *** wake up.

And all you laughing, find Bernie amusing and all of sudden a decent person - I wonder where you have been earlier, when Bernie's support on RD or anywhere else on www was like.... 0.002%. Bring Bernie back. Yeah right. :p

Last edited:
We are living in an era where life seems to be too easy, and these sort of debacles always pop up.

I fully agree with the pro female racing driver, her points are completely logical.

But it's super fun to watch the left eat itself up. You literally can't please everyone, and by thinking you can you stand to ruin what you've built up. That's not saying that Grid Girls are the straw that broke the camel's back, DRS and Tilke dromes did that :p.

Also what "young kid" wants to stare and land space ships, is Kimi gonna have to let them press the buttons while he's parked on the grid LMAO.

You honestly can't make this stuff up, loving the comments btw.

Didn't find it really need my answer to it. Sorry for hurt your feelings.

Don't know why you people keep throwing this video into our faces, for me video is quite stupid and serves more to promote her title sponsor (hey, IT'S DENSO everybody!!! look at me!) than to serve as one honest female (wow, even racer!) opinion.

I mean... let's for a moment just imagine one ALL GIRL (yup F1 is strictly all guys racing club, in case you've forgot) racing series, then we pick ALL BOYS grid, shrinking their clothes year by year, bit by bit... then after we get used to their (mmm:inlove:) g-string only outfits we come here and say "c'mon they actually want it,
default_th_shrug.gif
we've never force anyone, they practically beg for it!"
. They are the ones to blame. They are the ones who'll lose their... lol "jobs".

You can always find some people, regardless their sex (there's a male and female prostitutes and strippers right?), who will go low for some amount of money but we shouldn't really encourage that kind of behavior. Especially in something as irrelevant to it as car racing is. It's not like they promote clothes, at least.
"but they look pretty next to it!"
avtorklif.gif
This is not '60 or '70 anymore people, sexual revolution and stuff... Woodstock was like a 40 years ago, you people need to *** wake up.

And all you laughing that find Bernie amusing and all of sudden a decent person - I wonder where you have been earlier, when Bernie's support on RD or anywhere else on www was like.... 0.002%. Bring Bernie back. Bunch of hypocrites. :thumbsdown:

Now, another round of "disagrees" everyone, c'mon people...
everyone on a "disagree" party ! They hurt my feelings really bad !
- In case you've missed it, it's a little red cross down there.
clear.png
clear.png
x There you are. Attaboy.

Why is it even when a professional female racing driver gives her opinion (throughout many media platforms as stated by her) she's not taken seriously? This is exactly what women, and for that matter any other person, wants. To be heard and to have an input, especially when they are explicitly qualified to offer said opinion as is clearly the case here. How do you know better? Why is she promoting her sponsor? I didn't even get a hint of that in her whole speech.

Taking the grid girls/boys/men/trans/queer away from anything is taking away choice. Equality of opportunity is paramount in a civilised society. Why take anyone's choice away is beyond me, more so to replace it with (seemingly) forced attendance of "young kids", wtf weird.

Also, being a grid girl to you is the equivalent of "going low for some amount of money". Correct me if I'm wrong there, that would be a stupendous statement considering the point you're trying to argue from.

Why is it even when a professional female racing driver gives her opinion (throughout many media platforms as stated by her) she's not taken seriously? This is exactly what women, and for that matter any other person, wants. To be heard and to have an input, especially when they are explicitly qualified to offer said opinion as is clearly the case here.

Because she is either an Uncle Tom or is a victim of systematic sexism and doesn't know, or some other male feminist term used to invalidate a females opinion because she might not prescribe to the same idealogical group think as he does.

Also, being a grid girl to you is the equivalent of "going low for some amount of money". Correct me if I'm wrong there, that would be a stupendous statement considering the point you're trying to argue from.

I almost commented on that one, too. Wow... if that's going low, then I'm surprised he can even read his monitor from atop his high horse.

This argument seems really pointless and stupid, especially for something I didn't even notice was in F1 before this. Children are a real bad idea but still are you going to die because you got your grid girls taken away? Again I didn't even knew they existed before, they don't affect the sport and they are not what racing is about.

Remember who did this: feminists. They were so happy that they managed to fire women all over the west by doing this. So its women being happy that they made women unemployed... These women have spoken out against feminists and rightly so. They are independent women making their own choices and then feminists come and get them fired because they dont like beautiful women getting high paid jobs where they feel happy. Whats next, modeling? Women are waking up and realizing feminism is not about equality anymore, its about hate.

The grid girls going away is not what i care about. It's not what I'm watching races for. The issue is the motive behind it. This sets a precedent that there's something wrong with models/beautiful people being paid for a job. That somehow male & female attraction is wrong. This whole kids replacing them is BS that was a total after thought to try & cool the flames with something people are uncomfortable being against. You see it all the time when someone does something shady or stupid whether its laws or regulations They'll say oh well we did it for the children. You wouldn't be against the children would you... If they really wanted to bring youth drivers in they could've have done that without firing the girls. This was nothing more than to appease this culture of insanity & recreational Outrage.

If girls in skimpy outfits is what you need to enjoy motorspots, then you're not really a fan... Here's another clear case of people overreacting on something completely unimportant. There is so much going on on the grid before race start that I don't even notice the girls anymore. I don't even see the point of having anyone at all holding grid signs, especially with TV screen everywhere telling you who's where...
I Don't need fries with my hamburger to enjoy it but take my fries away and i will scratch your eyes out!:)

I'm fine with dropping the grid girls, as I think it's become a distraction and there are just too many serious flaws with the racing itself to justify any distraction...but grid kids??? C'mon, really? A direct swap of overt sexual objectification with...little kids? It would be hilarious if it wasn't so bizarre!

I really don't understand your reasons for being a feminist. Sorry I just don't.
Getting a job with a company then being told exactly what to wear and where to stand and how to smile is not feminist freedom of choice, any more than it would be if Liberty Media dictated the personal clothes of their drivers when they weren't wearing their race suits. It's freedom to choose your own role (and women who want to be promotional models still can be in various capacities off-grid), but to try and claim that it's still freedom when you have to do exactly what your employer tells you is a weird concept. I'd like to drive between stops at work in my personal car wearing my pyjamas, but I'm not free to do that any more than the grid girls were free to wear flat shoes or bundle up appropriately for the weather of their own free choice (I was at Formula E the first time it was in London, and it was bloody freezing on the Sunday, felt proper bad for the gaggle of Visa Girls there in their heels and skimpy dresses. Goosebumps wouldn't even begin to cover it :roflmao:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back