Grid Girls Become Grid Kids for Formula One in 2018

...because children are exempt from labor laws, right? No need to worry about minimum wage and no need to pay them the sum that grid girls earn, just send them from third world countries and pay them more money than what they earn from stitching Nike trainers.

And I'm asking again: In halo's sight... WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT BOXENLUDER? They are/were just a side-phenomenon. Not important for the sport. There are so much more problems in F1, that need to be addrresed. But what is important for the fans is "Gridgirls".

And going on what @IMrIMike said, you only have to look at most social media, even the Grid Girls have said, that we are now unemployed now from "one voice" not theirs, and also how safe they feel, and part of the whole setup / team, and one even came out on national UK TV and said, it helped her in to racing, as in a professional stunt driver....who said it doesn't have progression.

Like Mike said, so they going to ban Fashion Shows, pictures in catalogues of women wearing less than they do on the Grid, Calendars, where does this insane thinking stop......

Employment in the UK is on the rise, we don't need, and I quote from a news page "some boring, flat chested and nothing going for her and the girls on live TV looks miles better than her, she was just jealous" women telling the ,000's of women that "love" doing this JOB and make good money out of it being their voice"

I thought that was a fantastic quote, from a grid girl ;)

Shaun

And I'm asking again: In halo's sight... WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT BOXENLUDER? They are/were just a side-phenomenon. Not important for the sport. There are so much more problems in F1, that need to be addrresed. But what is important for the fans is "Gridgirls".

And so is the whole pre race procedure, interviews, previews, recaps, celebration with anthems and champagne, interviews again?!...I could go on and on and on. It´s called show. F1 has always been much more than just a race.

And btw, yeah theres so many problems in the sport, good thing they have changed who´s gonna stand infront of the cars. The racing will be much improved, teams finally receive equal amounts of money and boy did they decrease the cost of the PU! Great job LM!

Last edited:
Since I've already posted in the other thread:
giphy.gif

Serie's that was the thing since 50's, went to total **** in last 10-Year's. And keep's digging... Even watching snail's having a drag race is more entertaining these day's.

"The governing body of world Motorsport has now confirmed that young children will take their place on the starting grid, in a move designed to engage younger audiences into the high octane world of Formula One."
Really?
Christ!...you can't make this stuff up.
"Want to appeal to kid as your target audience?"....How about lowering the ticket prices, so mom or dad can take them to a Grand Prix sometime.

Meanwhile MMA has ring girls, NHL ice girls (very important job, the ice machine alone wouldn't be enough to clean the ice without their efforts), NFL with their cheerleaders etc.... without breaking a sweat.

While I think it's a bit low-brow tradition, nobody is forced to work there, not like they are prostitutes at gunpoint.

Also, let's not pretend that high paying catwalk model (male or female) is any more valuable, dignified or intellectual job. They are all just professions based on looks, no matter how much money you make out of it. If you have the looks and are fine with being valued only for the looks, free world. Don't blame men for it, or victimize women for it. There is plenty of beautiful women who are 100% fine with that, always been.

Last edited:
How about rewarding best young racers from various disciplines local to the track venues
They get to go to a GP and stand on grid, they could wear racing suits or team colours
Martin and commentators could talk a little about them, get to know the up and comers

I'm genuinely surprised people are this mad over replacing "women that just sort of stand there" with "aspiring driver kids that just sort of stand there" and act like it'll affect the actual on-track action at all. The grid girls are professional models and will do just fine elsewhere. F1's not going to suddenly shrivel and die just because you have ten seconds less eye candy on the broadcast. Grow up.

As was mentioned by others prior in this thread, these kids won't actually get to spend time with their heroes due to being stuck on the grid. This smacks of LM tightening the budget, not wanting to spend money on the real issues facing F1, so they sack the girls to save a few thousand, then exploit jnr racers under the guise of meeting their heroes, at no financial cost obviously. If LM were allowing these jnr racers to spend the race in their heroes team garage, I would agree, great idea on LM's behalf but I doubt the teams would actually agree to it.

So we've gone from allegedly sexually exploiting grid girls, to financially exploiting jnr racers, who need every cent they can find to pursue a career in expensive world of motorsport, as it's fast becoming a rich mans elite sport. Even karting is quickly becoming financially beyond the reach of the average family income today.

Oh jeez, so now they have removed the best part of the F1 starting grid ....certain people get paid 3 4 5 6 7 times the average yearly salary, to come up with ideas like this....why would anybody believe that this is the way forward....its just sad, so very sad.

View attachment 234342
The FIA have confirmed children will replace the traditional grid girls found on Formula One grids in the coming season.

Having announced a few days ago that Formula One will no longer be employing the services of glamorously attired grid girls for the coming year, the governing body of world motorsport has now confirmed that young children will take their place on the starting grid in a move designed to engage younger audiences into the high octane world of Formula One.

The children will be selected by the local governing body of each race and are expected to perform similar duties to those undertaken by grid girls in years past. Quite how that will work out holding big and heavy flags in high winds remains to be seen...

Speaking of the announcement today, Formula One Managing Director Sean Bratches has the following to say:

"This will be an extraordinary moment for these youngsters: imagine, standing beside their heroes, watch as they prepare to race, the elite of the elite in motorsport, to be there, alongside them in those precious few minutes just before the start,"

"What an unforgettable experience, for them, and their families. An inspiration to keep driving, training and learning so that they can dream of one day being there themselves. What better way to inspire the next generation of Formula 1 heroes."
Both the Formula Two and Formula Three events that travel to the majority of Grand Prix are expected to follow suit in this new initiative, however it remains to be seen how quickly the rest of the motorsport world will take to adopt this new policy from the FIA.

If you like your motorsport fast and open wheeled, check out the Formula One sub forum and get yourself in on the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think to the initiative of removing grid girls in favour of grid kids in Formula One? Let us know in the comments section below!
Another weak set of males, bowing down to the current feminism drive. Not against females, in fact I love em, I got one, but I think I'm right in thinking 90% maybe more, like glamour, dressing up, make up, etc,. Rather than 10% of the wanna be men. PC gone nuts.

Last edited:
I think they're trying to reach the pedophile audience... seriously, F1 what you became! Those feminazis one more time winning against "normal" people.

Question now is: If you put your kids in the construction it will be child labour, but putting them under the sun with people with millions around them making them think life is easy it's just a sacrilege...

Strange world we're living in those days, at least we have MotoGP, seems like there are normal people there...
If you read the much published "MEMO" in the states, which I might add is the really reason Dow crashed., because it's about to be released! That's exactly what they're up to.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%