Detroit Stadium Short, Demolition Derby (DLC) - Night Race
9:30pm BST; 4:30pm EDT U.S.

Race #1 - Standing Start, Random (20 laps)
Race #2 - Inverted Order Start, Standing (20 laps)
Race #3 - Inverted Order Start, Standing (20 laps)
Race #4 - Inverted Order Start, Standing (20 laps)

It's good old night racing, 70's American Muscle Style, in a race that driver skill consists of being able to hit another driver, but not get hit...all without compromising a good finish. DAMAGE WILL BE ON.

NOTE:
ANY PARTS UPGRADES ALLOWED
ANY ASSISTS ALLOWED
MINIMUM SIX DRIVERS (TO BE FILLED WITH "HARD" A.I. IF NEEDED)

Rules: There are none. It's simple. Bash as many cars out of the say, but still come in 1st.

Lobby to open at 4:15pm U.S. Eastern and informal practice sessions may take place before, however, the race will start on time. Late drivers may join after qualifying or any race is complete. Your host will be: OctoberDusk06. Please sign up with your name and gamertag and be sure to friend request October if you are racing. Good luck!

Driver Signup :
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Michael Watts/ michaei watts
3. Matthew Booth/boothy116
4. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh

Notice To: @Peter Hooper @Railer Cantrell @Matthew Booth @Karl Fuss @Chris Hempsall @Michael Watts @Vence Alfred @mcnasty1

NON POINTS RACE

Eligible Cars:
70s American Muscle

Last edited:
Barcelona – Memorial Run

Race 1
1. Michael - 25
2. Peter - 18
3. Railer - 15
4. Robert - 12
5. Boothy - 10

Race 2
1. Michael - 25
2. Railer - 18 (+1 for fastest lap)
3. Peter - 15
4. Robert - 12
5. Boothy - 10

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
1. Michael - 420
2. Railer - 394
2. Peter - 388
4. Robert - 240
5. Matthew - 206
6. Chris - 172
7. Karl - 98
8. Vence - 27

Great fun last night and a very surprising run at the front of the humans for most of the first race for me. Struggled with this car for the most part in the little practice I had previously, especially so in the pre-race warmup with Railer and Michael but once the first race started I felt much more at home. Took it very gently and threaded my way through the first lap carnage and took it very easy with the AI making sure to make moves just at the places I knew they were vulnerable. With Michael and Railer compromised badly in the opening laps I had a decent lead but knew my pace was well off theirs and with the AI slowing me further had an idea one or other would still figure in my race at some point. Second or third lap saw me damage the steering, I think when one of the AI stopped abruptly in front of me, probably at that final left-hander were they were very slow. But it wasn’t too bad and I was able to carry on fairly comfortably. Michael caught up with around 4 laps to go but I held fast and managed to open a gap again until slowed by the front two AI when the gap came down again. Got past the first one and then at the end of lap 8 (I think) with Michael now closing I tried to squeeze past Sophie on the inside of the final turn (a move I had pulled on another AI earlier so thought it was a workable one) but she pulled over on me and spun me into the wall allowing the Champion elect an easy ride through. Collected myself from the incident and made it my mission to beat Sophie to the flag with Michael now out of reach and closed on her during the final lap, making my move up the inside of the penultimate turn to snatch second with Michael crossing the line to seal the title.

Second race I felt quite confident at the start, second on the grid behind Michael I quickly pulled over to the left to block any attempt up my inside from those behind. Right from the off though the car felt very different from the first race even though I had not made a single change!! Really struggled through the first part of the lap but kept it together and was following behind Michael hoping the car would come to me quickly and enable me to maybe put in a challenge with Railer for the second spot in the Championship. Unfortunately going round the left-right section before the fast right-hander the car just wouldn’t turn and I found myself headed for that jutting out bit of barrier which threw me around and across to the other side of the track damaging my steering and losing bits of the car in the process. Everyone passed me by before I got going again but off I trundled determined to fight my way back. The steering was damaged needing me to hold it to the left to keep in a straight line but once I adjusted I was not feeling too bad. Passed Robert when he had a problem around one of the right-handers in the final sector and similarly got past Boothy when he lost it somewhere early in the next lap or so. He kept close for a while but then fell away before destroying his car shortly after. Robert followed suit within the next lap or so to get a look at the battle ahead between Railer and Michael. I was actually just about holding the gap to them at this point and even managed to get myself into the sub 1:40’s so kept on pushing knowing that if Railer had any problems a second place finish could see me pip him for second overall in the Championship.

Around about lap 8 I think it was when I approached one of the right-handers in the final third of the lap (I think it was the one after the long right-hand sweeper) when suddenly I felt the left-front pop and the car refused to turn and went straight on but fairly gently (it seemed to be gently anyway) into the wall. The red mist came up and that was it, my race over, first DNF in two seasons  Really surprised and disappointed that it ended with that…. Especially so after seeing Railer’s battered car reach the end on two wheels and virtually no bodywork lol. I’m pretty sure I had a shot of him crawling out of the car and pushing it over the line ;)

Anyway, watched the second half of the race and it was the two right protagonists fighting it out in this final race but just a shame that it didn’t quite go to the wire.. I thought at one point Railer might just eat into that gap and put some pressure on which would have been fun to see.

Congratulations to Michael for the title. Great performance all through the season and a deserving winner for the effort you have put in throughout. Another hard fought campaign for Railer, always there or thereabouts and strong at whatever track and in whatever car we were competing in.

Thanks Robert for the work in getting this all together, it’s been immense fun throughout and pretty cool that we have managed to get such a good and lively series completed yet again. Nice one buddy :thumbsup:

Pretty stoked myself for the second season running to have reached the final race of the season still in the mix. There’s been some great battles throughout with most of you guys but I’ll especially remember the ones in the Indianapolis races with Railer and Hemps where I managed to hold you off for lap after lap to claim two victories and then the two victories at the Autosport Tri-Oval.. A big smile on my face after those victories.. a brit winning on the ovals lol. Chicago chasing Robert for several laps was a lot of fun and the lap after lap battle with Boothy at the Autosport Infield Circuit was so intense. So many more memories of this season that I’m sure I’ll think of when I glance over the race threads and watch the videos back at some point so thanks to all who took part.

I’ll get my two race videos up hopefully overnight.. it was too late to mess about with it after the race last night but watch this space they’ll be here in the next 24 hours.

I’m still going to be playing Grid for some time to come and will finally start career mode in the game as well as get into those Racenet Challenges again and maybe post some Time Trial times to see how far up the board I can get. We’re approaching a year since this games release and it may have been hammered at times by many but hell it’s provided some stellar racing for us and has been absolutely amazing entertainment value as far as I’m concerned CM deserve a lot of credit for what they have put together in this little gem :thumbsup:

Cheers 

Last edited:
as far as I’m concerned CM deserve a lot of credit for what they have put together in this little gem

It still amazes me that CM put together some of the best street courses I have ever seen. And that includes next gen. A good example are when you see a flag waving. In Autosport, it literally looks real, but not on Forza5. And the rest of the detail goes with it.

Thought you might play spoiler in that first race Peter, as you were running a very intelligent race, as usual, trying to put A.I. between you and Michael, knowing your smoothness may have an advantage over his speed, but that one mistake cost you...and once the speed demon was close, that's all she wrote. Michael truly was a man on a missio. He even called it himself "That's it, I'm done". No -- should have been "hold on guys, you'll be done in a few laps." lol.

And there's noting ruling out grabbing a few Wednesdays (if I can pull myself away from pCARS) to have a mini-series of "each man gets to pick a street course and a car" kind of thing.

Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh

I will struggle to get to this one but will make it if at all possible. I've only ever done this type of race in one of the early challenges and it's a lot of fun so keen to get involved if I can. Great chance to take out some frustrations and have a laugh lol

Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh

I will struggle to get to this one but will make it if at all possible. I've only ever done this type of race in one of the early challenges and it's a lot of fun so keen to get involved if I can. Great chance to take out some frustrations and have a laugh lol

I'm coming after you too Hooper. If I can somehow take your roof off during the jump I'll count the day a success.

OK, so for those who don't know, GRID Autosport has an appalling rubber band feature which can't be turned off. Deleting the catchup.xml file removes the effect, but also the game's ability to save.

Does anyone know how to edit/mod the game so that only the former is achieved? Thanks.

I bought Grid Autosport today along with the season pass on sale and cannot figure out how to run cars on Silverstone, etc. When I select a car, it shows the same tracks. Is there a way to unlock the extra tracks in the Touring Car pack and the Sprint pack so they can be run with any car? Thanks for any replies. I'm scratching my head on this one

Ordered my wheel on Ebay Tuesday night and got it today.
IMG_20150501_204847_zps8wigqvpe.jpg~320x480

Reactions: Rob

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%