Yea, I don't have much tuning at all (I think I may have gotten to 20 or something) since we didn't really level up today. The idea was to level today since you can practice on your own. I can't level on my own. :O_o:

Tuesday or Wednesday sounds good to me. I'll just not bother practicing and crash out (so as to record the action from other cars) since my only chance at keeping up (due to having three other series' running) was to have a fully tuned car.

Let's try Wednesday so maybe Watts, you can get with Railer on Monday or Tuesday night and get him properly leveled up if he wants. Even playing fields are preferable, IMO.

Sounds like we are about the same Robert. It's more laps here than tuning that will make the difference as the tune doesn't seem to make much difference,the car is a handful whatever you do. We can race each other and Michael, Railer and Boothy can get on with it up front as they seem more at home in these things. They are also a money pit!! Cost a fortune last night... down to just over a million left now. Need to start doing those challenges properly to get the bank balance healthier again I think.

I'll be around lunch times Monday / Tuesday if you want to level your car more though.

Always prefer even playing field hence why I've suggested non tuning in the past :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, it is what it is. I was actually more concerned that all three in the hunt (you, Railer, and Michael) all have equal cars. Since we can't go back in time, leveling up is the only way to insure that. Shame a Championship has to come down to tuning. But I agree, in general, seat time is crucial. But as I learned last night with the Diff, tuning is important too.

Will not be around at your lunch times, but thanks for the offer. Yea, I had to sell my IndyCar to even buy one of these things! lol.

Managed to squeeze in a couple of short lunchtime sessions yesterday and today (20 minutes TT yesterday and 20 minutes custom cup practice today) and now managed to get my backside down into the 1:40's. 41's and 42's are comfortable but lower at the moment is trickier and no idea how you achieved that 1:37 @Michael Watts :notworthy:. I find these cars pretty difficult due to the excessive movement which makes accuracy into the corners much tougher than the other cars we have driven over the 2 seasons. Getting the car settled on entry is paramount for me and of course the undulating and bumpy nature of this track adds to the difficulty. Great fun though all the same.

Is this still going ahead as scheduled? @Railer Cantrell You on for this now?

Reactions: Rob
I think we are going to run this Wednesday..Railer was supposed to practice with me last night, but he couldn't make that. So we are trying to again tonight. We managed to get together Sunday and run some laps so he's up to level 19 I believe and can achieve 1.41's.
Yes, this is a tricky car to drive as you can't manhandle it at all you have to be very patient with it into and exiting the corners. I found that when I focus on being smooth is when I tend to run very fast. If I push the car too much and the rear end slips out, I almost always lose a whole second on that lap. It kind of reminds me of the Catterham's, but much faster.

Reactions: Rob
Well, damn.. I was successful in getting Railer leveled up and within a half second of me :confused:. So I have to have a brilliant race tomorrow in order to beat him. Its definitely going to be some tough competition.
Glad to hear it :thumbsup: I'll see how my race is going (i'm hoping Robert and I will be around the same piece of tarmac) but if not a lot is going on i'll maybe jump out to watch if you two are that close. Two wins for Railer and he pips you at the post, but of course Boothy could throw a spanner in the works too.

Only managed another quick TT run and then quali and the first two laps of a 5 lapper last night before the disc error popped me out of the game :mad::( and I couldn't be bothered to fire it up again then :thumbsdown:.

What times were the pair of you running?

I was practicing in TT today and got down into the 36's. Railer was right I guess. I don't know if I can replicate that lap, but I was following my personal best until the 3rd sector and then somehow found an extra 7 tenths.

haha, he said I'd be in the 36's today, I doubted him, but I can see its now possible. I'm sure Boothy runs 36's all day long. I backed it up with a Custom cup run hitting 1.36.91.
I didn't know you could see everyone's time in the offline Time Trail. That's pretty cool Peter. Also a good way to get practice with no AI.
Yeah TT is fun but not sure if it's under the same conditions as Custom Cup. In F1 the TT mode is always optimum conditions each lap. Probably all equal in Grid as there is no fuel or tyre wear to consider.

I want to say thanks to all of you that competed today, and during the season. You guys will probably never know how much it means to me to race with you guys every week. To push our cars to the limits and earn your respect as a driver and a competitor. I value everyone's experience and participation and it is very special to me to compete against Gentlemen racers such as yourselves. Again Thank You so much for showing up and driving your heart out. :thumbsup:

Rarely has a series seen a "most improved" from the previous series won the next, and, indeed toward the end, outright dominate. But Mr. Watts, driving is cars and on tracks that were designed to test not only a certain type of racer, but a broad range of car types and track types, including Open Wheel, Hot Hatches, Indy 500 style racing, Datyona 500 style racing, and everything in between, Mr. Watts performed well enough to take the title fairly and squarely from a couple of seasoned veterans.

If you want to know how he did it, send him a note. I suspect the words "practice, practice, practice" will be heard...and a devotion to attend, enjoy, and, above all...learn. Student beats Master style....

Well Done.

Best,
Series Directors

You passion is infectious Michel. Hard work and dedication are one thing, but I could actually see and feel you learn to drive types of cars and types of track that were your weak points before. And drive them better than those who always were fast on them. Well done, mate. Thanks for being so reliably solid.

I appreciate all you do Robert, without you this league wouldn't probably exist. I just want to be a tenacious competitor and a challenge, and at the end of day, when someone beats me, they know they did a hell of a job! Some are blessed with natural talent, others have to work for it. But everyone here has pushed me to be a better driver and everyone in this league deserves credit for that. :thumbsup:

I appreciate all you do Robert, without you this league wouldn't probably exist. I just want to be a tenacious competitor and a challenge, and at the end of day, when someone beats me, they know they did a hell of a job! Some are blessed with natural talent, others have to work for it. But everyone here has pushed me to be a better driver and everyone in this league deserves credit for that. :thumbsup:

Thank You Michael...that means a lot. And I will see YOU on the One. lol. Where I'll give you much more of a fight hopefully. Can't wait for you to get it and Railer to get a wheel.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 122 86.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 34.8%