• Deleted member 151827

Can't wait! I don't care who makes it or if it's a true sim or arcade racer.......i want it!

I'll play it regardless of what they do with it. I loved Dirt 1,2 and 3, and Grid 1 and 2. They may want to make it more sim-like but I just can't see it happening, Codemasters just isn't known for it.

Was a bit disappointed to read this as I'd love it on Xbox One:-

From MCV
Why will GRID: Autosport not be released on PS4 or Xbox One? For a number of reasons, Codemasters has said.

“Regarding next-gen, ultimately it comes down to a few things,” the company’s community manager Ben Walke has said across a number of posts on NeoGAF.

“The first is that we genuinely want our first next gen outing to be something really great, we don't want to have to rush and only put out a handful of tracks. We've got 22 locations in Autosport, the bulk of those are real world circuits, would all those have made it if we were to support next gen? Doubtful.

“Secondly, we're working our tech for next-gen now, as such, we're not quite ready. Again, we don't want to rush. Thirdly, after GRID 2 we sort of had something to prove, we wanted to leave the 'old gen' with a bit of a bang so to speak.

“Next-gen GRID will come in time, we're not going to rush that and get a game that can only run at 720/30 or something similar, next gen has to look and feel like 'next gen' for us.”

However, PC has been confirmed as the lead platform for the game, and it sounds like it will ship with all sorts of bells and whistles – such as 4K textures. Also confirmed is the inclusion of two separate cockpit cameras.

But I'll pick it up on PC as the cockpit cam is back :)

Looks and sounds alright judging by the features & video, but as with everything it's the actualy gameplay that matters.

Did'nt notice any tire deformation or Real Road (rubbered in track) though.

Won't bother me too much since I'll play it on PC, but it does mean that it will still be at least held back some by its console brethren since it will be using an older engine. The positive note is that they are likely much further in the development than they're willing to divulge since the engine was primarily designed for the PS3 and 360 so it was likely already in development before the next gen consoles were released.

I'm willing to grow with Codemasters into the next phase of it's existence as a developer of Racing Games. If they are in fact willing to listen to it's user base as to what directions they should focus on moving as a company excites me for their future and I look forward to seeing it evolve. I give them a big thumbs up for their current efforts.

I was encouraged about their concrete talk of "pit stops" and "tire wear" in the endurance race mention.

Can someone explain what they mean by TOCA style racing? I was not gaming then.

For me, it sounds like this could be big. Although it's probably too much to ask for Ovals (although they had one, Indy, in GRID2 I believe), the key will be the setups/customization, the physics, and the penalty system/pit gameplay. They have proven they can handle all of them, but do some better than others. My guess is that detailed setups will be lacking as usual, but if they get the customization and penalty system right (at least in "endurance" races) this could be our x360 project cars that actually gets released.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%