Ordered my wheel on Ebay Tuesday night and got it today.
IMG_20150501_204847_zps8wigqvpe.jpg%7E320x480
Nice. You got the same wheel I did as a replacement. That's a beautiful wheel -- all metal (it shocks me) with buttons that you could really imagine being on a wheel IRL. Perfect size for me...and the FFB is phenomenal. You are going to think you died and went to heaven when you get it hooked up.

Robert, I was skeptical about the wheel but I love to way it feels in my hands the base and rim are so solid compared to the CSR. I can't wait to use it. And I'm not sure what I like better I like the 458 wheel too and the way they have their buttons placed on the wheel. I'm going to take it over to my Bro's and try it out with Forza 5.

Michael, yea, I feel the same. Everyone takes the wheel out and thinks that it's cheap and small, but light is exactly what you want so the FFB is to a greater degree; my hands are medium sized so it fits me like a glove, and the rubber tack they use is of very high quality. So, all you feel when you are racing is the right weight, size, and grip, at least for me...and that's all you want. Unfortunately, one of my wheels went bad, but you already have a backup! perfect. Wait until you get it on...you will feel like you are driving a child's toy when you go back to the Fanatec. Yours is still probably better than mine, but even new, there is no comparison, IMO.

Robert, I was skeptical about the wheel but I love to way it feels in my hands the base and rim are so solid compared to the CSR. I can't wait to use it. And I'm not sure what I like better I like the 458 wheel too and the way they have their buttons placed on the wheel. I'm going to take it over to my Bro's and try it out with Forza 5.

I must say, I didn't like the feel of the buttons compared to the add on wheel, which are so simple, yet so elegant and solid. The d-pad will last forever and so will the buttons on that wheel. Although the 458 wheel's buttons are very solid compared to other wheels, I could never quite get used to their pattern, so I figured if I was going to just remap a whole new pattern, I'd go with the better feeling wheel. You do have to increase the ffb some on the add on wheel, but it only at 85% or something, and some may prefer even lower. I love how Forza adjusts for the weight of the car too. I can only imagine what pCARS does. When you look at the mapping of the vibrations of that wheel you just got, there are 12 different sensations that all move or vibrate the wheel in different ways and the combinations thereof.

I'm sorry Boothy.. I got roped into a House Painting project by my wife and Mother-in-law, and was trying to watch the NASCAR race. Robert, I hope everything turns out ok with your Father-in-law. Maybe we can reschedule this for another day, I was quite looking forward to it.

Yea, we all got sidetracked. Sorry Boothy. Seems like you were the only one that could make it. I think this one will have to go by the wayside due to pCARS, but next Sat may be an option since most of us will not have it by then. We can just play it by ear since I have no idea who will be available.

Tested the Thrustmaster TX wheel out today, and was very happy. Pedals are still a weak point with me, and I think the pedals need to be fine tuned for the game in Forza 5. The wheel feels very solid and you can feel everything the road presents to you, including paint strips and different textures in the tarmac. I only had a small TV dinner stand to mount to so it was a bit tough to get a great feel for it on Forza, but overall I was very happy and impressed with the feedback.

T.V. dinner stand? Jesus. I'm surprised you didn't flip it. lol. True the pedals are not good for big feet, but my size 10 1/2 does great with a warm pair of socks and a rubber stopper behind the brake. Like the whole "ecosystem" pedals can be upgraded, but I really don't mind them, since I prefer paddle cars.
Now wait until you get that thing mounted properly...and even better, play a game that's got proper physics and tire modeling. But don't you think Forza has come a long way? I know I do. I still struggle to wonder if it's the wheel or the game, but in about a week, that question will be answered.

Yeah Robert there is certainly a lack of either good tire physics or the sensation of Speed represented in Forza. I was looking at several brake mod options last night, including a Basher Board that would let me use my Fanatec pedals that I've grown very accustomed to.

Forza has always seemed to lack that sense of speed. It seems to have improved in a lot of ways but that particular issue is a problem. I'll still likely pick it up on the cheap at some point though.. I have 3 and 4 so might as well look at 5 too lol.

Forza5 seems to lack in a lot of areas, but I give them massive amounts of credit from FM4. It's like night and day. The cars feel different and alive...and several I have driven on a track, and are damn close. Road Atlanta is exquisitely mapped, if not laser scanned, and of course, it's a beautiful game. But alas, it's just not a racing game, no matter how you dress it up. pCARS is going to blow the socks off people. It's going to be great to watch the reactions.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.