I cannot understand some people's criticism about the news of the DEMO 2020 GPL release.
For many of us who were lucky enough to live their release 20 years ago, it was undoubtedly one of the best experiences in racing simulation. It was a great challenge to learn and control those beasts and historical tracks everywhere the world. At the same time, the great immersion in its graphic development and the hundreds of accurate mods, completely free, most of times published after years of hard work. With the effort of many skilled people of the amazing GPL emerged community that is still here to offer us a delicious taste of how the old jewel has been developing until today.
Personally, I am glad that GPL community is still alive, I have been part of it and I know what it means.
A huge thanks to all of them, is the only thing I can say.

Thanks also RD for involving ;)

I´ve been with the GPL mods team since 2003 and we never received any source code from Papyrus. When iRacing begun making problems to modders about the NR2003 code, we asked them if we could continue modding by tweaking the GPL code, and their answer was that we could go on. They were not interested in the GPL.exe code.
Someone I remember. You gave us some great stuff back in the days.

I have a problem. The screen slides from left to right. As it does it smears the graphics. Is this a Nvidia inspector required. Or as I suspect something other. Any ideas. Thanks. Rik

I have a problem. The screen slides from left to right. As it does it smears the graphics. Is this a Nvidia inspector required. Or as I suspect something other. Any ideas. Thanks. Rik

Try this - disable AA (and maybe triple buffering) in your graphic card control panel.

Thanks for keeping the GPL experience updated.
Has anybody yet figured out how to get gpl shift to work with this demo?
I neeed the fix!

Quote from SRMZ forum:
Lee200, on Jan 07 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:
We didn't include various options such as GPL Shift or FairShift as the demo's purpose was to get as many people as we could into trying the sim. Probably most people don't have H shifters so we tried to keep the demo as simple and easy to use as possible.

For more support & various questions visit SimRacing Mirror Zone (registration is free)

again, im just stating my opinion, thats not a crime is it ? Maybe in finland it is but not here, i didnt offend anyone i just gave my honest revies about this game from decades ago....so why bother installing it when there is so much more, life is to short to play this kind of games in 2020,....i wish you all the best buddy. Ps: im filthy rich......well my parents are...sorry....okay.
You are not a little boy but an angry child. You are now badly offended when the GPL graphics do not reach the level of your fine hardware. Also this game is too hard to learn, you wanna be fast today. Why hang around in this stuff at all if the GPL isn't interested? This is a wrong topic for you but you still hanging??? Stop answering, you can't win me with words...oh and next you say no one tells you what you can or can't do, right?

The GPL is such an old simulator that you can't in any way call it bad, it's been released as early as 1998, you can't demand the features of new simulators. GPL 2020 means that it works in Windows 10, that's all, still the same old game you can't drive ... I know it's really hard to run, you have to learn for many weeks and you can't

You are not a little boy but an angry child. You are now badly offended when the GPL graphics do not reach the level of your fine hardware. Also this game is too hard to learn, you wanna be fast today. Why hang around in this stuff at all if the GPL isn't interested? This is a wrong topic for you but you still hanging??? Stop answering, you can't win me with words...oh and next you say no one tells you what you can or can't do, right?

The GPL is such an old simulator that you can't in any way call it bad, it's been released as early as 1998, you can't demand the features of new simulators. GPL 2020 means that it works in Windows 10, that's all, still the same old game you can't drive ... I know it's really hard to run, you have to learn for many weeks and you can't
okay ! thanks for the information.

GPL 2020 means that it works in Windows 10, that's all
Well...here i say no...
GPL original:
10921-grand-prix-legends-windows-screenshot-ferrari-in-car-driving.jpg

GPL 2020:
gpl2020demo_road-america-1971_09-jpg.342324

:D :D

Try this - disable AA (and maybe triple buffering) in your graphic card control panel.

Quote from SRMZ forum:
Lee200, on Jan 07 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:
We didn't include various options such as GPL Shift or FairShift as the demo's purpose was to get as many people as we could into trying the sim. Probably most people don't have H shifters so we tried to keep the demo as simple and easy to use as possible.

For more support & various questions visit SimRacing Mirror Zone (registration is free)

Thanks, i hope that someone more knowledgeable than me can come up with a shifter/fov fix.. I have tried many things.. again within my limited knowledge and skills!

When i want to start a race the demo is crashing b2d...
Tried OpenGL and Direct3D... i use 3440x1440... didn't tested another resolution yet. Maybe that would help...

To all saying that GPL content is available through conversions in modern platforms - the problem is it just isn't, no matter how you look at it.

Cars? Apart from recent version of Bazza's '67 mod, which is quite good for what it is, and some official single cars scattered here and there in AC, PC, PC2 & AMS, most of the cars in GPL mods are not available in any modern sim platform, and no modern platform allows me to recreate a historic race with correct late '60s F1 or Sport Car starting grid on historically correct track (and I don't even want absolutely full correct starting grid, 2/3 of it would be sufficient already). Not to mention recreating the whole season. Only heavily modded GPL does.

Tracks? If one want's to count in all the half-arsed conversions from conversions from conversions, with surface 3D meshes, which seem to be made with an axe and hammer, coupled with textures pull out of dog's throat, then yes, there seem to be many track available. But the fact that they actually look and feel worse in AC than in GPL makes you ask a question - what was the "modder" thinking (apart form quantity over quality rush, which seems to be the norm in simracing modding nowadays)? There are literally two hands full of great quality GPL track conversions to modern platforms (or scratch made ones) on the entire internet. Some of the other, latest GPL track releases don't even have their counterparts on any modern platforms (Riverside '66 and Road America '71 come to mind as examples).

I still do drive modded GPL occasionally simply because I'm strictly a content guy rather than gfx fidelity guy. I have zero interest in modern motorsport and all the interest in '60s motorsport, so I don't own either ACC or RF2 or PC2. I cringe a bit at GPL's DirectX7 graphics and physics limitations (theres only so much one can squeeze out of it with mods) and I would sell my kidney to have all the GPL mods content ported over to one of these newer platforms, but after playing and modding AC for a few years I already know it's just never going to happen.

So back to GPL it is, for my Can Am '66 or Can Am '71 fix for example, because there's no other place to go to.

To all saying that GPL content is available through conversions in modern platforms - the problem is it just isn't, no matter how you look at it.

Cars? Apart from recent version of Bazza's '67 mod, which is quite good for what it is, and some official single cars scattered here and there in AC, PC, PC2 & AMS, most of the cars in GPL mods are not available in any modern sim platform, and no modern platform allows me to recreate a historic race with correct late '60s F1 or Sport Car starting grid on historically correct track (and I don't even want absolutely full correct starting grid, 2/3 of it would be sufficient already). Not to mention recreating the whole season. Only heavily modded GPL does.

Tracks? If one want's to count in all the half-arsed conversions from conversions from conversions, with surface 3D meshes, which seem to be made with an axe and hammer, coupled with textures pull out of dog's throat, then yes, there seem to be many track available. But the fact that they actually look and feel worse in AC than in GPL makes you ask a question - what was the "modder" thinking (apart form quantity over quality rush, which seems to be the norm in simracing modding nowadays)? There are literally two hands full of great quality GPL track conversions to modern platforms (or scratch made ones) on the entire internet. Some of the other, latest GPL track releases don't even have their counterparts on any modern platforms (Riverside '66 and Road America '71 come to mind as examples).

I still do drive modded GPL occasionally simply because I'm strictly a content guy rather than gfx fidelity guy. I have zero interest in modern motorsport and all the interest in '60s motorsport, so I don't own either ACC or RF2 or PC2. I cringe a bit at GPL's DirectX7 graphics and physics limitations (theres only so much one can squeeze out of it with mods) and I would sell my kidney to have all the GPL mods content ported over to one of these newer platforms, but after playing and modding AC for a few years I already know it's just never going to happen.

So back to GPL it is, for my Can Am '66 or Can Am '71 fix for example, because there's no other place to go to.

What do you think of the 1967 Grand Prix Legends mod for AC?
I only found out about it the other day because of this post, feels great in VR, but would love to see more content from GPL mods in AC

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.