Too bad it doesn't come with Steve Smith's great, great strategy guide that shipped with the original game.

Here you can get the updated version of Steve Smith's guide (the original was shipped with the CD):

"Four-Wheel Drift, A Car Guy's Guide to Grand Prix Legends" 10th Anniversary SHIFT-R Edition by Steve Smith

:)

What's the trick to get force feedback strength increased on modern wheels like an AccuForce?

I've tried core.ini Joy.max_steering_torque = 16000 but doesn't feel any stronger than 400 (default).

Edit: Oops, max_steering_torque gives stronger feedback with lower numbers: ~200 at 540deg wheel rotation, ~300 at 270deg wheel rotation

Also, to get rid of a lot of center deadzone, at least in the Lotus, you need 270deg wheel rotation.

How about 1920x1080 resolution? I only see my 6000x1080 (triples) resolution.

Last edited:
Try this is from the demo website/ instructions/ readme:

Force Feedback 2 Patch
Note: The higher the value of max_steering_torque, the lower the forces. For heavier cars, like sports cars, you may want to use 450, 500 or even 600 instead of 400.

Car setups
Tip: The default car setup of the 1965 F1 Lotus 33 uses a Steering Ratio of 18.1.
Depending on your Force Feedback steering wheel you may want to change the wheel Steering Ratio at the Car Setup menu to 8:1, 9:1 or 10:1. For the other cars, please do the same, depending on your steering wheel and your preferences. Remember that the wheel rotation/angle setting in your Windows Game Controller setting also has an influence on your steering ratio setting of your car setup of the GPL 2020 Demo.

not pestering, but be serious, such an old game on such expensive rigs, its the same bying a ferrari and putting an old Golf motor in it, caus it reminds you of the good old days.....but have fun, im not being a troll, its realistic.....and its 3000 euros
Don't you realize that's just your problem, we don't care what you think about it, okay?

I know you have a really expensive rig but it doesn't make you a world owner, you can't decide what others like, okay?

I believe that you are just a rich boy who can't even drive this GPL, it's too hard for you, okay?

Don't you realize that's just your problem, we don't care what you think about it, okay?

I know you have a really expensive rig but it doesn't make you a world owner, you can't decide what others like, okay?

I believe that you are just a rich boy who can't even drive this GPL, it's too hard for you, okay?
again, im just stating my opinion, thats not a crime is it ? Maybe in finland it is but not here, i didnt offend anyone i just gave my honest revies about this game from decades ago....so why bother installing it when there is so much more, life is to short to play this kind of games in 2020,....i wish you all the best buddy. Ps: im filthy rich......well my parents are...sorry....okay.

not pestering, but be serious, such an old game on such expensive rigs, its the same bying a ferrari and putting an old Golf motor in it, caus it reminds you of the good old days.....but have fun, im not being a troll, its realistic.....and its 3000 euros

101% agree

Exactly why I built a 2nd tower around a AMD 3200G

So my 3900X-RTX2080 is not for browsing, downloading, burning, movies, music, and running GPL through to rFactor, etc.

Have now also moved ATS. ETS2, Mudrunner, Spintires and TrackMania to 3200G as well along with all small fav games, tetris, 3dpool , pacman chessmaster lol as
I use 40" and gamepad on these not to waste expensive wheel, etc........same deal isn't it, gear is too dear
to waste on such titles ...for me that is

Now #1 gaming tower is cleaner, no everyday utils so nothing to get sidetracked with just late steam sims AMS through to ACC and RaceRoom basically nothing else I can do on it :coffee:

In case you would give it a try, this video is very interesting regarding differential settings in this simulation.
[/MEDIA]

That is where I go through Parabolica in GPL and feel it getting " up on the tyre "
GPL, rF2 Historics and AMS Historics to lesser degree are somewhat alike in this regard
pCars/AC historics are different planet

Not much feels better to me then hooking up a lap around old Kyalami in GPL or rF2, call me weird

again, im just stating my opinion, thats not a crime is it ? Maybe in finland it is but not here, i didnt offend anyone i just gave my honest revies about this game from decades ago....so why bother installing it when there is so much more, life is to short to play this kind of games in 2020,....i wish you all the best buddy. Ps: im filthy rich......well my parents are...sorry....okay.
Gentlemen, gentlemen - you can't fight here; this is the War Room!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.