good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
installed the fixfile and still get this error message.
Mod I have not installed with CM.

Peter, can you see what that could be?
Weather settings you can see on the picture.

New:
I have dragged the mod and the fixfile now in cm by dragging and dropping. Now the error message does not come.
What is different then with the JSGME?

Thank you

Last edited:
In the manual there is reference to adjust partical levels.
Can this be used to reduce the amount road spray density.
If yes where would I find this input.
Thanks

EDIT:
I think I got it
in weather file tire smoke - SETTINGS["OPACITY_BASE"]
do you need to adjust both the config and lua files?
Just use the gbwSuite_config.lua. The weather files will be generated every time and then changes will be overwritten.

Just use the gbwSuite_config.lua. The weather files will be generated every time and then changes will be overwritten.[/QUOTE

I see the heavy rain weather has it's own tyre smoke LUA.
where as the light rain and other damp track conditions use the basics LUA.
Are those the things I need to change or is there one gbwSuite_config.lua that covers every weather solution and where will I find it.
Thanks

The particles for all weather will be calculated with the particles__quality value in the gbwSuite_config.lua. The lower this value is, the less or smaller the particles will be. Actually this is used to control gpu consumption, but you can also use it to control the density and duration.

installed the fixfile and still get this error message.
Mod I have not installed with CM.

Peter, can you see what that could be?
Weather settings you can see on the picture.

New:
I have dragged the mod and the fixfile now in cm by dragging and dropping. Now the error message does not come.
What is different then with the JSGME?

Thank you
Yesterday I had a similar case with some other mod. It doesn't copy anything, because of a folder's copy protection. Maybe there is some overlapping with CM's background activities.

Sun position at sunset comparison between GBW, A4S and Google Earth for Macau on June 21st 2018. Both are way off with GBW being slightly less wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/8jXDpYZ
This depends on the track making process. If the track is not oriented to north, then a sun heading angle has to be defined in the lightning.ini in the tracks data path. So it could be adjusted by this. Due to the picture you can try to set it to -20 or -25 to correct it. Please tell me, then i can put this also to gbwSuites correction library.

But is this even the same perspective you choose to compare. Better you use some specialized tools like sunearthtools.com. If you want to use this, double check the GMT and DST value.

If you check with other tracks, you will see gbwSuite's sun position is almost correct.
All of the Kunos tracks are corrected and many mod tracks are oriented correctly.

-- EDIT --
I looked for it. Maybe the track modders tried to get a working sunpath with the former AC logic. Thats why a sun_heading_angle is set to 45°. Now with gbwSuite's sun correction this is near obsolete. Just the tracks orientation has to be corrected.

Here is the sun position for 21.06.2018 e.g. 19:00. No DST - China hasn't a time change anymore and they stay at standard time.
e0uEhTI.jpg

With a slight orientation correction of just 10° Macau is right now.
o83oYEK.jpg

This and other corrections will constantly released with updates or bugfixes.

Last edited:
Yup, you are completely right. And you did a great job with sun position and timing. :thumbsup: Checked some other higher quality mod tracks (watkins, bikernieki, chang,...) and only watkins seems to have the correct sun position (maybe a degree or two off). Others are way off. It's gonna be a lot of work testing and correcting all those tracks. Is there a compass app for AC? :laugh:

Yup, you are completely right. And you did a great job with sun position and timing. :thumbsup: Checked some other higher quality mod tracks (watkins, bikernieki, chang,...) and only watkins seems to have the correct sun position (maybe a degree or two off). Others are way off. It's gonna be a lot of work testing and correcting all those tracks. Is there a compass app for AC? :laugh:
Working right now on all reboot tracks. If you have some values for me for other tracks, let me know...
Its just a manual search of directions for given times. I try to use early or late sun times to get a low position. But the easiest way is to find out the time where the sun should be on a long strait.

e.g. suzuka
xV2lGzP.jpg

and then adjust it:
Oiwkbjp.jpg

Last edited:
HOTFIX 03: (8.10.2018)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnvjzt1m3gieg7t/__gbwSuite_2_5_1_fix03.rar?dl=0
- fixed "Key not found in dictionary" when lighting.ini is missing
- wrong DST (Daylight Saving Time) value
- Feldbergring Wet Mod support
- sun position fixes for many tracks

Gladly found a "Key not found in dictionary" error. Some mod tracks don't have a lighting.ini.

Sun position fixes for the following mod tracks:
acu_bathurst
algarve
atlanta_motorsports_park
bathurst_fm7
knockhill2017
knutstorp
macau
monaco_2017
monaco_1966
oulton_park
salzburgring
sebring
snetterton
sonoma
suzuka
tajo
zolder
Zolder_Pascalwb

Hi Peter,
Amazing mod, the best out of the group by far. Just a question, is it possible to do a 24 hour cycle? Such as start at noon, set time to 60x, and watch the sun go down and become dark. Cant seem to make this happen.

Hi Peter,
Amazing mod, the best out of the group by far. Just a question, is it possible to do a 24 hour cycle? Such as start at noon, set time to 60x, and watch the sun go down and become dark. Cant seem to make this happen.
Not yet, but the work on the new graphics system and day-night-cycle has started...

After installing the latest version of this mod I once again have the issue that no matter the time set it's always night time in-game with g&b weathers (your modified original kunos and other weather presets are not affected). Tried it with different times, different g&b weathers, different Kunos and mod tracks, reinstalled good and bad weather suite manually several times (I recall one time I missed copying the script folder, which isn't the case this time), I copied over the files from fix03, and CM is up-to-date (0.8.1837.34607 (x86)). Should be unrelated but the shader mod is also on the latest version. I'm not using ReShade. And yes, I read the manual again, no idea what I am doing wrong.

lL1QY43.png

Edit: With Laguna Seca and Nürburgring GP it seems to work fine regardless of weather, with Imola, Barcelona, Paul Ricard (which I've tried so far) it doesn't. Does CM just ignore the time I set and use my local time (late evening right now) sometimes? I also noticed that Laguna Seca and 'Real conditions' sets it to my local time.

Last edited:
After installing the latest version of this mod I once again have the issue that no matter the time set it's always night time in-game with g&b weathers (your modified original kunos and other weather presets are not affected). Tried it with different times, different g&b weathers, different Kunos and mod tracks, reinstalled good and bad weather suite manually several times (I recall one time I missed copying the script folder, which isn't the case this time), I copied over the files from fix03, and CM is up-to-date (0.8.1837.34607 (x86)). Should be unrelated but the shader mod is also on the latest version. I'm not using ReShade. And yes, I read the manual again, no idea what I am doing wrong.

lL1QY43.png

Edit: With Laguna Seca it seems to work fine regardless of weather, with Imola, Barcelona, Paul Ricard (which I've tried so far) it doesn't. Does CM just ignore the time I set and use my local time (late evening right now)? I also noticed that Laguna Seca and 'Real conditions' sets it to my local time.
Do you get any errors?

Yes - from CM itself: System Drive:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Logs
That shows exceptions like this:

Code:
22:57:53.553: ⚠ [TimezoneDeterminer:29] TryToDetermineAsync(): System.Exception: Invalid response
       at AcManager.Tools.Helpers.Api.GoogleApiProvider.<DetermineTimeZoneAsync>d__1.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at AcManager.Tools.Helpers.TimeZoneDeterminer.<TryToDetermineAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.6%