good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't use reshade, maybe changing other stuff on any ini file.. ?
With gbwSuite i use weather's ppfilter very much. This helps alot to get the weather to a decent quality.
You can just deactivate weather's ppfilter and modify the gbwSuite.ini PPFilter or use some other PPFilter OR what would be the best solution - install Reshade and just do this little tonemapping thing. Then you have all the quality of gbwSuite.

Thats why i don't use Reshade anymore, to keep this open for a custom post processing.

BTW. Is this only a problem in AC for you? I compared with many other racing titles and with gbwSuite brightness is on the same level...

1st congratulations for your work once again! i do have some questions. i install the mode correctly but if i dont use reshade the colours looks like washed out. if i use reshade with your older settings (from gbw 3.3) i have too much colour like cartoon cars. i only use hdr, fake hdr and your gbw setting. if i deactivate hdr i have washed out colors... the other think id like to ask is that when i start a race, the selected pp filter is cw and not the suite one... in content manager i have the suite as you say on manual. is that correct? (again sorry for bad english)

1st congratulations for your work once again! i do have some questions. i install the mode correctly but if i dont use reshade the colours looks like washed out. if i use reshade with your older settings (from gbw 3.3) i have too much colour like cartoon cars. i only use hdr, fake hdr and your gbw setting. if i deactivate hdr i have washed out colors... the other think id like to ask is that when i start a race, the selected pp filter is cw and not the suite one... in content manager i have the suite as you say on manual. is that correct? (again sorry for bad english)
Thats correct with the "__cm_weather" filter. For many weather i use the CM option "weather's ppfilter".
If there is a filter.ini file in the weather path, it will be loaded instead of the global PPFilter. This gives me some extra options to do tweaks.

About the colors. You can just raise the saturation in the global menu a little bit. I think this should help.
CM->SETTINGS->ASSETTO CORSA->VIDEO->Post Processing\Saturation. Try 105% or something...

A first try with the few clouds weather (gbwSuite 1.1 WIP)
R8pX1iP.jpg

With gbwSuite i use weather's ppfilter very much. This helps alot to get the weather to a decent quality.
You can just deactivate weather's ppfilter and modify the gbwSuite.ini PPFilter or use some other PPFilter OR what would be the best solution - install Reshade and just do this little tonemapping thing. Then you have all the quality of gbwSuite.

Thats why i don't use Reshade anymore, to keep this open for a custom post processing.

BTW. Is this only a problem in AC for you? I compared with many other racing titles and with gbwSuite brightness is on the same level...

Thanks a lot! was just going to comment on this, it was a bit overexposed in Mist weather, this is with the default EXPOSURE=0.52 value it comes with (from _gbWSuite.ini):

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_ks_laguna_seca_7-2-118-17-20-36.jpg

And this is with EXPOSURE=0.43, a lot nicer to my eyes :D

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_ks_laguna_seca_7-2-118-17-33-36.jpg

Thanks a lot! was just going to comment on this, it was a bit overexposed in Mist weather, this is with the default EXPOSURE=0.52 value it comes with (from _gbWSuite.ini):

View attachment 234571

And this is with EXPOSURE=0.43, a lot nicer to my eyes :D

View attachment 234570
HI, is it just the Mist weather, which is overexposed for you? For me its a feature of this weather - its a super bright day with much ambient light because of the mist. But I'm open to do changes...

Can I delete the rain ones or have them without spray? Still use?
Just thank You for your 3 star rating!

Because there is content in the pack you could easily ignore or just simple delete it. And than you wish a version without the wet weather - why - it makes no sense to do an extra pack with less content.

But here is a solution for your problem:

Just download gbwSuite again, open the zip and extract it to somewhere.
Goto the folder content\wheater and delete the following folders:
0_gbW_Rain heavy-0
0_gbW_Rain heavy-1
0_gbW_Rain heavy-2
0_gbW_Rain light-0
0_gbW_Rain light-1
0_gbW_Rain light-2
0_gbW_Rain light-3

Then compress the whole stuff to a new zip called "lokid's special version of gbwSuite without wet weather.zip" and place this in your download folder.

Then look in your download folder and - TATA a version of gbwSuite only with dry weather...

Your welcome to support page - now i'm serious!

ok sorry but a rating is better than no rating? :) The only reason i don't use this is as we discussed theres no real way of using random option. I love the fact i can do random weather in CM (curse kunos for not putting it in normal launcher, and god i asked Stefano many a time!!) and not know what weather i have coming into a race!

not being funny if you don't like criticism good or bad, maybe releasing work to the public shouldn't be your thing?
It's not the point of criticism. It's the point of your knowledgement of AC and how modding and support modding is working. What, in your mind, is a 5 star rating? And remember to judge with existing mods. And keep in mind, everything is giving for free and use mods require some simple autonomy to work with it. I spend some time in a simple written manual in the pack, where almost of your question could be awnsered by yourself - but hey, why read the manual, instead of asking people for support and then give a low rating because its not what you individually want - for free...

A first try with the few clouds weather (gbwSuite 1.1 WIP)
R8pX1iP.jpg

I have SEVERELY missed the "few clouds" setting. When you release 1.1, i can finally give this mod a 5 star rating. Everything else is already perfect. A very nice streamlined version of the gbw. Only the few clouds was missing. Can't wait for 1.1!!!

It's not the point of criticism. It's the point of your knowledgement of AC and how modding and support modding is working. What, in your mind, is a 5 star rating? And remember to judge with existing mods. And keep in mind, everything is giving for free and use mods require some simple autonomy to work with it. I spend some time in a simple written manual in the pack, where almost of your question could be awnsered by yourself - but hey, why read the manual, instead of asking people for support and then give a low rating because its not what you individually want - for free...
ok.. fair enough..

So is there a way to get the mod to act random? maybe putting the mods weather folders loose like (content/weather/your folders) Kunos? CM randomises everything in the weather folder, your mod seems to be in its own folder so that folder doesn't get located. Is there a way this could be tweaked to activate the random feature in CM. _edit - ah i see for the time progression to work you need 4 weather scenes in one weather folder.Thats where the random feature fails i take it?

ok.. fair enough..

So is there a way to get the mod to act random? maybe putting the mods weather folders loose like (content/weather/your folders) Kunos? CM randomises everything in the weather folder, your mod seems to be in its own folder so that folder doesn't get located. Is there a way this could be tweaked to activate the random feature in CM. _edit - ah i see for the time progression to work you need 4 weather scenes in one weather folder.Thats where the random feature fails i take it?
I'm in contact with the creator of CM and i will ask him to do a random function in the "by type" selection. Then it will be possible to have random weather types - what is exactly the thing is missing right now. It will be an option i also want to use. I'm in contact, but he is really busy with his universe "Content Manager" - so maybe with the next versions of CM we will get it...

ok that would be cool...

So if you bare with me... if for now (until you get update) i wanted your new clouds, in Kunos original 7 weather models. Can i just copy the 0-7 weather folder in your mod to Kunos? Also i need clouds and PP filter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Just copy the 0-7 folders. AND! copy also the textures (texture\clouds).

Or

Just copy the 2 folders inside the zip to your AC main folder and overwrite everything...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back