good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ok ok ok

just to add, ive only used the 7 weather models of yours and the random option wont stay.

EDIT - unless you manually click random weather under ideal condition sub menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Peter !
Well you know I love your mod and use it for every session but I have an observation :D
I just saw it yesterday when I wanted to start (again) the career mode.
Clear weather, at 14h00, my screen turned white and I got an instant tan XD
I don't want to touch the pp filter exposure cause it will darken everything else.
But maybe you could tell me what should I change for this weather so I can see (even a bit) the road ?
Maybe I should send some screenshots, in a few hours when i'm home :)

Btw i'm still using your reshade settings (without the sharpening effects) and it's perfect (the cherry on the cake), the particule effect for the rain is amazing (the weather + the reshade effect + @mantasisg goodwood or nemuno's track, and the placebo effect is no more a placebo effect xD)

Hi Peter !
Well you know I love your mod and use it for every session but I have an observation :D
I just saw it yesterday when I wanted to start (again) the career mode.
Clear weather, at 14h00, my screen turned white and I got an instant tan XD
I don't want to touch the pp filter exposure cause it will darken everything else.
But maybe you could tell me what should I change for this weather so I can see (even a bit) the road ?
Maybe I should send some screenshots, in a few hours when i'm home :)

Btw i'm still using your reshade settings (without the sharpening effects) and it's perfect (the cherry on the cake), the particule effect for the rain is amazing (the weather + the reshade effect + @mantasisg goodwood or nemuno's track, and the placebo effect is no more a placebo effect xD)
This is absolutely strange. I did some test:
AC takes the colorcurves settings from "assettocorsa\system\cfg". So if you put the colorcurves.ini from the clear weather's path into the system\cfg path. It looks ok, BUT i did not find where it takes the weather settings, which should be taken from the weather.ini. But thats not the fact. So it will look like the AC standard clear, which much of this fog. I'm on further investigation...

I've disabled the DOF while driving, i'm trying to get close to the eyesight.
The glare and reflections on your video are stunning, i guess it's related to the video settings you've got.
The DOF is made with the F5 Cam. It just adds a little bit depth. The glare is from gbwSuite PPFilter plus a little bit MagicBloom (very subtle). The reflections comes from the cars shader. Absolutely nice with the chrome parts on this car.

WIP the new "hot" weather:
Ni7yp3E.jpg

Hfe9bEa.jpg

2fcydBY.jpg

IupQTeB.jpg

Loving the teasers so far but i have just one question. You said you wanted to move away from the clutter of gbw and simplify the system. Don't you think you're on the way to clutter the mod again? We currently have 8 weather types. We'll get 2 more with v1.1.

10 weather types is okay with me; hell, i even feel the loss of some weather types so i'm def. happy you're adding more weather types. Just wanted to hear your opinion on it :)

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work.

Loving the teasers so far but i have just one question. You said you wanted to move away from the clutter of gbw and simplify the system. Don't you think you're on the way to clutter the mod again? We currently have 8 weather types. We'll get 2 more with v1.1.

10 weather types is okay with me; hell, i even feel the loss of some weather types so i'm def. happy you're adding more weather types. Just wanted to hear your opinion on it :)

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work.
Hi,

My limit with gbwSuite or the main structure in this mod will be the weather types CM provides. IMO they were taken from Openweathermaps. So there is still a long list of weather types, which are possible in this mod: (Just the half of the list)
R6Ck46S.jpg

I will not do all the weather in the list. Many of them will make no sense in AC.
But i will do the believable weather, mainly the dry weather.

And my limit is to do one complex weather per type. So there are often 4 weather pieces, which will represent 1 weather. And the pieces are adapted to a certain time span.

For example with the "hot" weather i tried to do a little progression in time - Bigger and darker clouds in the late hours and nice colors with dusk and dawn...

So there are some more free slots in the mod for more weather - like "Scattered clouds".

The different thing to gbW is, i take a lot more time to make a complex weather, because i now have more room to do a realistic weather with different sun angles.

The next update will contain 3 weather - "few clouds", "hot" and "cold".

"cold" @ 8:30
X3DoyeT.jpg

Mid_clear and Light_clouds look stunning with less fog in the background.
It's just my personal taste, but I'd like to share it :)
Be careful to check the early and late hours. I also use the fog to soften the clouds. Thats the compromise with 8-18:00 weather. The clouds could look strange with low sun and far fog....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back