good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
WIP 1.2 - light drizzle
VD0ka6F.jpg

hello. What a fantastic piece of work!!!
have a question, some weather mods need some Saturation adjustment. What about this mod, what is the best Saturation value?
Thank you

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way I can force your light rain weather to show up in a replay I already have saved. I have tried copying the contents of one of your light rain folders into the light clouds weather that was used for that session and also deleting all other weathers other than your 3 or 4 light cloud folders but no joy so far. If you know of a way to do this I would be very grateful of any tips. I have a replay of some MP racing at Goodwood Circuit Wet and it would look so much better with spray :D

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way I can force your light rain weather to show up in a replay I already have saved. I have tried copying the contents of one of your light rain folders into the light clouds weather that was used for that session and also deleting all other weathers other than your 3 or 4 light cloud folders but no joy so far. If you know of a way to do this I would be very grateful of any tips. I have a replay of some MP racing at Goodwood Circuit Wet and it would look so much better with spray :D
Hi,

only the path of the weather is stored in the replay. So if you recorded with the weather xxx_folder_1 than you must delete all files in that folder and copy all things from another weather folder to this one. CM will load every clouds and particles automatically. Sure, you must use CM....

Hi @Peter Boese, I'm a big fan of your G&B weather mod and pp filters but the skies tend to get quite washed out in VR. Could you please consider having an additional range of weather specially for VR with REALLY vivid, saturated high-contrast blue skies, something like the blues in the image below?

3185151961_1de0c516ce_z.jpg

Similarly for your Autumn weather (probably my favourite) I think the dark rain clouds would look better in VR with more contrast to them to compensate for the bleaching that VR introduces.

Hi,

only the path of the weather is stored in the replay. So if you recorded with the weather xxx_folder_1 than you must delete all files in that folder and copy all things from another weather folder to this one. CM will load every clouds and particles automatically. Sure, you must use CM....
Everything seems to work other than the particles. The clouds and stuff change when I paste your light rain into the default light clouds folder but no particles when launching the replay through CM.

Everything seems to work other than the particles. The clouds and stuff change when I paste your light rain into the default light clouds folder but no particles when launching the replay through CM.
Did you activate it in CM? You have to activate "use weather's particles" Settings->Content Manager->Drive->Extented Weather...
Rain spray is made with smoke, so it shouldn't be off. It could also be, if you use a low grip mod, there is not enough friction to generate smoke.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help, I will try with smoke on and the mod activated. Im going to try and get it working in VR as well by pasting the G&B PP filter (or maybe the one in the G&B light rain folder) into the default PP filter.

Hi @Peter Boese, I'm a big fan of your G&B weather mod and pp filters but the skies tend to get quite washed out in VR. Could you please consider having an additional range of weather specially for VR with REALLY vivid, saturated high-contrast blue skies, something like the blues in the image below?

3185151961_1de0c516ce_z.jpg

Similarly for your Autumn weather (probably my favourite) I think the dark rain clouds would look better in VR with more contrast to them to compensate for the bleaching that VR introduces.

You can take the weather you like and raise the fog distance in the weather.ini. I set the fog distances to get a balance in placing the clouds. It is very tricky to get a smooth fade to the horizon. AC's graphic engine can't do this. So i have to take the fog to do this. But with the fog, the sky will get washed out.

But just try the use fog distances like 10000-15000. Another thing you could do is to saturate the horizon colors in the colorcurve.ini

• Deleted member 241736

Peter@german: Danke für dein unentgeldliches Engagement! Obwohl ich dein Wetter-mod nicht nutze (Content manager issues) schätze ich dein Beitrag für die AC community sehr.
Grüsse aus Stuttgart
1aleX

Fist of all, thank you for your work, Peter!

I checked the Suite yesterday and first impressions was I don't like it.

1. I drive in hood view and use a virtual mirror, but found the weather in the mirror is different - too dark.

2. In scattered clouds weather the ground and road are too white (overexposed, washed out).

3. I tried to return to your "original" weather (which replace original Kunos files) - they also are too dark

4. So I removed all the suite files and returned to a true original Kunos weather and tried your Reshade package alone. And found it pretty interesting, it adds little punch to default dull AC weather. Except the clouds - they are washed out (too white, bleached out) on default settings.

Will try once again, but my first experience was not very good.

BR

Last edited:
Even though I'm really happy with everything in the Suite, Peter ... I have to admit there's a little problem with the virtual mirror view.

I never noticed the virtual mirror was so dark looking before using gbw ... and wondered where the problem might be now.
Reading the Teppopups's post above ... and his comment about the virtual mirror ... I know now I'm not the only one noticing its darkness. Virtual mirror is something very useful and recommended in Online races .... ( single screen user in my case )
so .... do you have an easy solution to improve this point ?

There's maybe just a little tweak to do somewhere in one or other file ?

Knowing your taste for perfect things ... sure you'll find a solution. ;) :thumbsup:

Fist of all, thank you for your work, Peter!

I checked the Suite yesterday and first impressions was I don't like it.

1. I drive in hood view and use a virtual mirror, but found the weather in the mirror is different - too dark.

2. In scattered clouds weather the ground and road are too white (overexposed, washed out).

3. I tried to return to your "original" weather (which replace original Kunos files) - they also are too dark

4. So I removed all the suite files and returned to a true original Kunos weather and tried your Reshade package alone. And found it pretty interesting, it adds little punch to default dull AC weather. Except the clouds - they are washed out (too white, bleached out) on default settings.

Will try once again, but my first experience was not very good.

BR
Thanks for your feedback!

You have to use Content Manager.
Are you sure you use the “__gbWSuite” PP-Filter.
Are you sure you checked:
"Replace clouds by weather’s clouds if exist",
"Use custom weather’s PP-filter",
"Use custom weather’s particles"

There is a chapter "Necessary settings" on page 9 in the manual.

best regards,
Peter

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back