good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
gbwSReshade is for boosting the brightness. I calibrate the gbwSuite look the way, that there is no clipping in bright part - so the dynamic range of 8 bit RGB is used without reaching the limits. That means, if i want to do a realistic look, it could be to dark, because the contrast between bright and dark parts, like sky and earth, is huge. So with the Reshade pack i compress the dynamic and raise the brightness for a better average level of brightness. Just like a camera...

Peter Boese updated good and bad weather SUITE with a new update entry:

pro few clouds, clear + night, install via CM

A big functions update update:

#### gbwSuite is now fully compatible with "install via CM" / just drag'n'drop the zip to Content Manager

you may delete the old folder "/content/texture/gbwSuite"

#### start of a new kind of weather scripting -> plan wise generating

#### redone clear:

---- Clear + Night ----
F E A T U R E L I S T

- custom lighting

weather's time span: 0:00-23:59
sun angle adapted to: 7:00-19:00 (12h - day of equinox)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Its very much what comes with this update. Not visible on the first view.

"Clear" and "few clouds" are the first weather, which are temperature dependend:
change the temperature and the scenery will change too!

With Clear comes the new extended time and the night mode!

To all the nerds outside, I recommended to load the new gbwS Reshade!
Follow the link to the headlight mod - install this - then install gbwS Reshade 1.3 - set the time to night (22:00 - 4:00) - it will blow you away...

First of all. There is a manual. I updated it to this type of installation.

After you drag'n'drop the zip to CM, you will see upper right, the menu symbol appears green. Click on it, the menu opens and then press install on the bottom...

Last edited:
I updated it and the clear weather is still kind of strange. On your default weathers, they sky is almost grey, which isn't very realistic at all. On the dynamic weathers, if I set it to 12:00, the sky still looks like an early morning sky. This is really the only thing keeping me from using the mod, as I use the clear weather quite a bit.

When I look at the "gbW_Clear__dynamic" and "gbW_Few__dynamic" weathers in CM the box for "Disable shadows" is checked, I would imagine this is an error!

I updated it and the clear weather is still kind of strange. On your default weathers, they sky is almost grey, which isn't very realistic at all. On the dynamic weathers, if I set it to 12:00, the sky still looks like an early morning sky. This is really the only thing keeping me from using the mod, as I use the clear weather quite a bit.
Just a test. Go in /content/weather/0_gbW_Dyn_Clear folder.

Open the colorCurves.lua with a texteditor and replace the block (almost at the end)
with this:

HORIZON = {
LOW = getColorByPlan(hor_low__plan, hor_low_plan_N),
HIGH = getColor( 193 / getTemperatureOffset(temp__base, 0.05, 0, 2) , 0.27 * onlyDOWN(getTemperatureOffset(temp__base, 0.05, 0, 2)), 3.95 * curve(0.27) / getTemperatureOffset(temp__base, 0.045, 1, 1.05))
}
SKY = {
LOW = getColorByPlan(sky_low__plan, sky_low_plan_N),
HIGH = getColor( 35 * getTemperatureOffset(temp__base, 0.015, 0, 1), 1.5 * getTemperatureOffset(temp__base, 0.13, 0, 1), -1.6 )
}

This forces the sky to have more blue. And tell me if this is the thing you want...

When I look at the "gbW_Clear__dynamic" and "gbW_Few__dynamic" weathers in CM the box for "Disable shadows" is checked, I would imagine this is an error!
No, its not an error. The weather is dynamically generated! You see the last status of generation. If you set daytimes and begin a race, the weather will be generating again and the disable_shadows value turns off...

Hello Peter, refering to my bad performance experience compared to GBW (original, v3.3): with all the weathers in GBW, I usually tend to have 50-60fps. With GBWS, I have 40-50fps (still playable). The problem comes with dusk/dawn weathers, when I get < 30fps. This doesn't happen with GBW.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 396 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 251 44.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 267 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 119 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 157 27.6%
Back