Global Formula Automobilista - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAMILTON INHERITS ROSSI'S WIN
1597850466288.png

Lewis Hamilton made it four wins in a row for Kas Racing after long-time leader Valentino Rossi's late heartbreaking engine failure. The Siggy Pop driver fended off Hamilton all through the first stint, and a disastrous exit into a battling pack for Hamilton at his first stop meant the gap became insurmountable. Hamilton took the win, but the battle for second behind him was just as frenetic. Stirling Moss has passed Bertrand Gachot and Sebastian Vettel, but a brake lock-up into the final turn a few laps from the end meant he slid wide and let the other two through.

Villeneuve took 5th ahead of the two NLE Motorsport cars, Phil Hill and the two title contenders. Taki Inoue had an off-day but still scraped 9th after a 3-stop strategy, while Nick Heidfeld had an awful day stuck at the back of the grid, slowly working his way up to 10th in the end.

(Note, I have noticed that I completely forgot there was a bonus of 500cr for Pole Position. As such, Hightech have been awarded a bonus 1000cr and Kas 1500cr because I'm sure I gave the money out for the first two rounds)

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Millsy24, Sebastian scored his first podium for you after Stirling's misfortune. How happy are you?
@the_sigman, Absolute heartbreak for you and Valentino. How can you help him bounce back for the next rounds?
@Tim.E Jawz have been struggling recently, what do you need to do to get back on track?

@the_sigman, Absolute heartbreak for you and Valentino. How can you help him bounce back for the next rounds?
Considering what nearly happened to Valentino last weekend in Austria, I will gladly take an engine failure.

But it has been a major disappointment and we hope lady luck pays off her debts in the future.

Half happy half sad.. very happy by what Stefan did during the race. Constant, fast, he put high pressure on every opponent he had and it always went good for him. Very sad for Gilles. He wouldn't have won the race but we could manage to score much more points. At last he got in the points, which is all I need to keep my team quite high !

I can't understand what is wrong with Heidfeld. His qualifying performance is terrible and he can't pass anyone in the race. His last season infamy is totally warranted!

Obviously a missed chance for a great finish. Phil radio stopped working and he didn't know to watch for the pit boards. We were calling him in for three laps but by the time he noticed he was driving on fumes. Pit delta was running around 26 seconds here, and Nick finished P5 about 32 seconds off the leader. So, we were looking at probably a P5 ourselves.

HAMILTON DEFEATS VILLENEUVE IN TENSE BATTLE
1598431805151.png

Lewis Hamilton made it 5 wins in 5 for Kas Racing after a battle with pole-sitter Gilles Villeneuve. Villeneuve led the initial stages, but was passed by Hamilton at the race's midpoint. Villleneuve kept the pressure on Hamilton, hoping to repass the Brit, but contact with backmarker Damon Hill lost Villeneuve his front wing and he recovered to 9th. It wasn't all bad news for Braverra though, as a last-lap pass from Stefan Bellof on Taki Inoue scored him a second-place finish. Juan-Manuel Fangio scored his best result of the season in 6th place, as did Dan Gurney in 11th. The real story though further down was 14th and 15th place, where 2KF1 Racing managed to get both drivers into the points for the first time since race 1!

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Kas. Another race, another win. Which of your drivers are you throing your support behind for the title, or are you going to let them fight for it between themselves?
@Meff28s Gilles may have lost 2nd, but you scored 2nd place with your other car. How high do you think you can climb in the constructors standings by the end?
@Aidan Keranen it's been a long wait, but you have finally scored some points. Is this a turning point in the season for the team?

There is a 50/50 chance that I can't do the race this weekend so it would be a week off, but don't count on it. Please get your buys made well in time just in case I do find the time to record the race on Sunday.

@Meff28s Gilles may have lost 2nd, but you scored 2nd place with your other car. How high do you think you can climb in the constructors standings by the end?
I really don't know. I seem to be lucky theses times, I hope it will continue. Kas seems unreachable, but, I should be able to finish on the podium I think ! Fingers crosses !

[QUOTE@Kas. Another race, another win. Which of your drivers are you throing your support behind for the title, or are you going to let them fight for it between themselves?
[/QUOTE]
I'm going to let them fight for the title, so far theyve been playing well and by the book and I so no reason to stop them from having fair fights on track for the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back