Global Formula Automobilista - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn, I didn't realise how broken Points and Double Points are as a sponsor. I made them that price when I was still considering points for the top 10, not top 15. Please vote below as to how I react to this so there's nobody saying it's ruined their strategy. I will award prize money in full for this round, I'll just adjust it for the next round.

Like: Change it from "points" to "top 10" with the same prize pool.
Love: Reduce prizes to 500 for Points and 1100 for double points.
Haha: Leave it as broken as it is, but introduce something to force teams to drop that sponsor at a certain point.

It sucks that a broken sponsor has therefore taken up 9/10ths of the grid, and therefore reduced variety in strategy

Very cool to watch the race but indeed, it was veeeeery hard to hear you correctly. I think you would just need, in Automobilista, to lower the engine volume and that would be enough.

Very sad for the pole position, i was almost 100% sure it would be good ^^
At least de Vries did exactly the same as Villeneuve who just bump into the wall with no reason XD

Question however because I didn't realize that : The "randomizing" process will happen every round right ? Or now it is set it's over ?

Randomising is done. If you buy 3 Speed, you get 3 Speed. You now just do buys with prices determined by constructors position, which I have colour coded so it's easier to work it out.

Last edited:
It really feels like 80s with these dramatic retirements. AI fights nice as well. I was sceptical of AMS over Grand Prix 4, but no more.

For my team, it was a decent start with solid points. I wish Heidfeld could also ran the distance, but still we have a strong foundation on to build.

With all the DNFs, we got luck with Mario. Dan's race was ruined when Max bumped him for no reason despite having blue flags.

Overall @Jimlaad43 it was really interesting and fun to watch the race. I hope now to make the proper improvements to my car and drivers to bump out of the lower midfield.

Very bad result for the team, I never heard these 2 complaining as much as they did during this weekend. We as team have underestimated downforce, obviously we lost all the time in corners. With very bad finish, it will be hard to make improvements now, but we will try.

DUTCH DISASTER/DELIGHT IN BRAZIL
1586374013369.png

NLE Motorsport were denied a spectacular 1-2 after Pole-sitter and long time leader Nyck de Vries's engine let go three laps from the end. His team mate Max Verstappen inherited the win after a crazy overtake on Elio de Angelis through the middle sector a few laps before de Vries' demise. De Angelis came home second, a place occupied by his team mate early in the race before his retirement too, while Fabien Barthez crossed the line third, ahead of his team mate Chris Hoy, placing DTK Racing top of the standings. Frentzen took 5th ahead of the Harvey's, Andretti, Perez and Fangio. The Siggy Pop cars of Rossi and Alonso were involved in a collision on lap 1 which sent them to the back, and after some dodgy blue flag shenanigans, they recovered to 11th and 12th ahead of Clark and Schumacher. 2KF1 Racing were the big losers, as their temporary livery seemed to translate into temporary engines as both blew up close to the end while on for good points.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Lesley Buurlage: Heartbreak for Nyck, but are you still happy to take home victory and really show the world that NLE means business? What was your reaction to Max's race-winning overtake?
@Meff28s: So close, yet so far was the best way to describe that race for your drivers. How do you think the team can go forwards from here?
@Aidan Keranen: What was the problem? Both cars blew up in the same spot on the track, was it something in their driving, a certain bump or some shoddy bit of engineering in the engine?

Championships and Money is all in the second post. Please check your championship position against the table in the first post for the price of your upgrades. It is colour coded with the Constructors standings. Range and randomisation has now finished, so everything you purchase will go onto the car as you asked for.

The "Points" and "Double Points" sponsors have been changed to "Top 10" and "Double Top 10". Anybody currently with that sponsor can change it to something else (except the other Top 10 variant) for free this round only. After that, any change will cost 500cr.

Interviews
@Lesley Buurlage: Heartbreak for Nyck, but are you still happy to take home victory and really show the world that NLE means business? What was your reaction to Max's race-winning overtake?
winning the first race of the season can be seen as promising, would had preferred the 1-2 but Nyck got at least a pity point. we've send everything back to Dave (which is the name of our facility, and not a mechanic) and are working around the clock to improve the reliability of our parts to prevent this happening in the future. + with how max was driving today a car which is a bit more beefy will only prove beneficial for us. Speaking of Max, he was on a mad one, like i expected of him. The overtake was crucial, but he shouldn't have had to make that move in the first place, that Rossi fella should had sticked to driving on 2 wheels :cautious:

@Meff28s: So close, yet so far was the best way to describe that race for your drivers. How do you think the team can go forwards from here?
We are in a tough position. We've played a risky strategy and it hasn't paid.. so far. The next 2 rounds will be absolutely crucial for the future of the season.

MARKET CLOSED
All buys are in and have been applied, they are now visible in post 2.

Race will be recorded tonight and uplaoded overnight.

There has beena slight addition to the rules post. Firstly I have included a section on how teams can join the season if they miss the start, and secondly I have also had to put a cap on engine power at 1.20. Once you reach that much, you cannot buy anything else for the engine.

Barthez leads DTK 1-2
Championship leaders DTK Racing took a dominant 1-2 in qualifying for the Argentine Grand Prix. With all-out power being the main requirement for this circuit, the top cars all had bucketloads of power behind them.
New Project(8).jpg

Race is being uploaded and is worth a watch. All I'm saying is: "lap 28".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%