Global Formula Automobilista - Season 1

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
20,244
6,648
United Kingdom
GFA logo.png

Global Formula Automobilista is finally a thing! Automobilista will make its Forum Games debut OFFICIALLY with a proper racing game, not some betting ridiculousness. Due to a suspected lack of numbers, the first season (at least) will be a manager type game, rather than a drivers one. All races will be simulated by me, the host @Jimlaad43 on my personal copy of Automobilista

Users will run a team, signing drivers, choosing sponsors and developing the car to gain an advantage. Rewards will be given out at the end of each round which can be reinvested into your car and/or drivers to increase the stats, and therefore your chances.

Race Calendar
Calendar copy.jpg


The cars
We will be using the Formula Classic default Automobilista cars - basically late 1980's Formula 1 cars.
The template can be found here - https://www.mediafire.com/file/y4af1gdzrtjf1mb/RD_F_Classic_Templates.zip/file - which has been made by @Meff28s. Please feel free to download this template and edit it as much as you like to create your unique livery for your team. You will have two cars in the team, but they must have about 90% of the livery the same. You can change small things to make it nice and easy to identify the different drivers.

Random Generation
Talent and Engine power will be randomly generated within a range of values at the start of the season. The randomiser is designed to make sure that all drivers on the grid should have different skills at the start, especially if a lot of people make the same buys.

The centrepoint and the range can both be edited. A centrepoint of 60 and a range of 10 means the value can be generated anywhere between 55 and 65. A centrepoint of 61 with a range of 15 will be generated between 54 and 69 (odd numbers will give the extra value to above). The range can be increased and decreased for the same price as it's a risk vs reward decision either way.

The drivers
The drivers all have unique talent files, which will be randomly generated upon purchase. Each attribute that can be edited will be randomly generated, with the range of numbers depending on how much you want to spend on it. You will have a budget for both drivers, which you can spend on reducing the range or moving it for each attribute. All numbers are percentages out of 100.
  • Aggressiveness - How aggressive the driver will be on overtaking and defending
  • Composure - How often a driver avoids making mistakes
  • Speed - How quick a driver is in general
  • Crash - How often a driver will crash on his own
  • Tyre Management - How well a driver looks after their tyres
  • Start Skill - How good a driver is off the line and into the first turns
  • Min Racing Skill - How consistent a driver's speed will be over a race
All drivers will begin with a range of 10, centred on 60 (Except Crash, which will start at 10 with a range of 10). You will spend money when buying your drivers to move the centre or drop the range.

Driver names are first come, first served. You can pick any racing driver from any period of time or (big) racing series. Make sure they have a Wikipedia page if you're going obscure (more than just a page in their native language, they need to be notable enough to be translated at least once).

Chassis
Chassis upgrades will come down to Downforce levels. Everyone will start with ultra-low Downforce level, which can be upgraded to Low Downforce and High Downforce. Each upgrade is permanent, for both cars, and costs 2000cr.

Engine
Engine performance will be determined through a power multiplier. Engines will be edited with a multiplier to 2 decimal places. The default engine generation will be centred on 0.90 with a range of 0.08 for the randomiser. You will be able to spend money to adjust the range or centre.

Engine reliability is also simulated. This is formed by a standard variation curve which I have setup so that your engine has a 25% chance of failing after 1hr 30mins hours of driving, and a 50% chance after 2 hours. Each credit you spend on reliability adds a second to the average , and therefore moves the 25% and 50% time along by however many seconds you buy. So for example, if you spend 600cr, you'll push the 25% failure to 1hr 40mins and 50% to 2hr 10mins.

Rule Change: Engine Power is capped at 1.20x. At this point you are no longer able to buy power for your engine.

Prices
The price for the initial buys and in-season purchases is exactly the same.
1585417071070.png

However, to preserve competition and reduce runaway or fallaway teams, there will be a price change depending on your Constructors Championship position for buys once the season has started. Range and randomisation is not a thing after this point.

1586271788724.png


Sponsors
Sponsors will give teams targets to reach in a race. if they are met, you will be given the bonus reward they say.
1586375515407.png

You may switch sponsors at any time you want, but the cost of this is 500cr.

Season Start
Once your team and drivers are created, you will be given 4000cr to spend on your cars and drivers. For everything except downforce, you can spend it to change your midpoint and range for the skills randomiser.

Rewards
Between races you will be able to spend your winnings to upgrade your car or driver. Credits will be awarded for finishing position.
1585413300748.png


Any buys made once the season starts will not be randomised. If you buy 5 Speed or 0.03 Power, you will get those values.

Late joining
If you decide to join mid-season, you will follow the same process as the original teams, except your budget will be 4000cr + 200cr for each race missed. Your values will be randomised as normal for the first round you are able to enter. Mid-season teams must have a livery prepared before your first race.
 
Last edited:

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
20,244
6,648
United Kingdom
Championship standings
Drivers
1592389437492.png


Constructors
1592389453542.png



Please sign up below. All I need to know at the moment is:

Team Name:
Primary Livery Colour:
Driver 1 name and number:
Driver 2 name and number:

Each team will also be required to select a primary livery colour, which must be unique. I like a multi-coloured grid. I straight up refuse to have 10 teams with 5 of them varying shades of grey.


Teams and Drivers
1592390621263.png


Braverra Automotive - I
@Meff28s
3: Gilles Villeneuve
4: Elio de Angelis

Hightech Engineering - I
@Omer Said
5: Nick Heidfeld
55: Heinz-Harald Frentzen

DTK Racing - I
@Jimlaad43
98: Fabien Barthez
6: Chris Hoy

Harvey Racing - I
@Millsy24
22: Jenson Button
23: Martin Brundle

Bangalore Motor Racing - I
@oorjit07
7: Michael Schumacher
11: Sergio Perez

Excelsior Formula Racing - I
@rubaru
21: Mario Andretti
31: Dan Gurney

NLE Motorsport - I
@Lesley Buurlage
33: Max Verstappen
27: Nyck de Vries

2KF1 Racing - I
@Aidan Keranen
8: Mika Hakkinen
2: John Watson

Red Night - I
@Sasha Jednak
50: J. M. Fangio
20: Jim Clark

Siggy Pop Racing - I
@the_sigman
46: Valentino Rossi
14: Fernando Alonso

Kas Racing - I
@Kas.
69: Yuji Ide
44: Lewis Hamilton

Falcon Motorsport - I
@Márk Lintner
13: Alain Prost
12: Ayrton Senna

Bad Rain Motorsport - I
@kevintaddo10
19: Felipe Massa
43: Jean Alesi

Polestar Performance - I
@ME9Swe
39: Bertrand Gachot
72: Olivier Grouillard
 
Last edited:
2,793
1,598
France
Team Name: Scuderia Braverra
Primary Livery Colour: navy blue
Driver 1 name: Gilles Villeneuve #3
Driver 2 name: Elio de Angelis #4

Notice that I've made the photoshop templates, 3D and 2D, and I can also help anyone for their Cars and Helmets if they want ;) Just contact me in PM
 
Last edited:

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
20,244
6,648
United Kingdom
All your teams and drivers are now in my game. I can start playing with settings to work out how to balance and price everything. Send me any livery files you want tested in game and I'll try them on your cars.
20200322160320_1.jpg
 

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
20,244
6,648
United Kingdom
2KF1 Racing
Silver? If not, black cause orange is gone :mad:
Mika Hakkinen - #8
John Watson - #2
Silver is absolutely fine as nobody has picked something like it yes. Silver has to be your primary colour, but you can absolutely put a load of orange on it too, all I ask is that the silver is over 50% of the livery. :thumbsup:
 

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
3,081
1,339
Team Name: Red Night
Primary Livery Colour: Red (still available?)
Driver 1 name and number: J. M. Fangio #50
Driver 2 name and number: Jim Clark #20
 

Aidan Keranen

League of Legends Play by Play Caster
Premium
9,105
4,766
Melbourne, Australia
:barefoot: :barefoot: :barefoot:

i mean it's not that bad right? i think a 2KF1 would look rather cool with a silver/chrome and orange accents paint scheme, like the vodafone mclaren days
Possibly then :D

Silver is absolutely fine as nobody has picked something like it yes. Silver has to be your primary colour, but you can absolutely put a load of orange on it too, all I ask is that the silver is over 50% of the livery. :thumbsup:
Most have been nearly 50% if not over surely. In any case most recent effort was very silver..
 
Top